Carabao Cup Final v pimped small club | 16:30 | Sunday 25/02

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Thierry 3-8-99

Re: Carabao Cup Final v pimped small club | 16:30 | Sunday 25/02

Post by Thierry 3-8-99 »

northbank123 wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:10 pm
Thierry 3-8-99 wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:08 pm
Neville must be reading Wenger's obituary here - he's run out of shit things to say
I haven’t disagreed with a single word he’s said but funnily enough he hasn’t once blamed Wenger and the only time he’s shut his mouth all game was when the co-commentator mentioned Wenger.

He is as big a coward as the rest of the footballing media. Will slate arsenal but until very recently he was a fully signed up member of the be careful what you wish for brigade. Now he just keeps silent on Wenger which is astounding given what a mouthy prick and supposedly an oracle he is about everything else to do with arsenal, football and the World.
Cause he found himself way out of depth in a managerial position but I've agreed with everything he's said too

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:54 pm
The lack of basic effort is a disgrace.

Gary Neville slating us for the entire game but if someone suggests getting rid of the manager he’ll call them a moron.
Yep. So I wonder who Ratface Neville thinks is to blame? Couldn't be thé manager could it....? :roll: Stupid prick Neville. Having said that, he is right in that we are a disgrace. :oops: :roll: As are our fans walking out the door early. Modern fans are wankers. :roll:

I actually laughed out loud when shit for brains brought Comedy Iwobi on. :censored:

markyp

Post by markyp »

this is the shit fest to end all shit fests!! be careful what you wish for!! but we will learn from this!! :barscarf:
Last edited by markyp on Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GunnDog

Post by GunnDog »

Wenger has ruined our defence, then our midfield - it's job done now that the best attackers are gone

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I bet the traitor sanchez regrets leaving now!

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

We will finish 6th just because Sanchez and Giroud stayed until xmas.

Next season get ready for the real decline when we mix it with West Ham, Watford and Palace.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Played off the park in a cup final, one I'm not watching and had no intention of watching, and all I can do is laugh when I check the score. That's how much I give a fuck these days. :roll:

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:13 pm
rodders999 wrote:

Gary Neville slating us for the entire game but if someone suggests getting rid of the manager he’ll call them a moron.
Yep. So I wonder who Ratface Neville thinks is to blame? Couldn't be thé manager could it....? :roll: Stupid prick Neville. Having said that, he is right in that we are a disgrace. :oops: :roll: As are our fans walking out the door early. Modern fans are wankers. :roll:

I actually laughed out loud when shit for brains brought Comedy Iwobi on. :censored:
Wenger has reduced me to watching once a game maybe a month and not much changes.

I wonder if Wiggy is here to witness this shambles. First half was promising, but the second was shite.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

The league table put last years performance against Chelsea in the cup into perspective too. That was one of our few really excellent performances of the last ten years... but Chelsea were at the start of a downward spiral and not the force we thought they were.

If Arsenal want to challenge for the league title or anything else in the next 50 years, they need to get Kroenke to sell up, invest hundreds of millions in the team over several seasons - matching City and Utd's spend pound for pound, and get in a world class manager. We might not like it but that's what this game is all about now.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:13 pm
rodders999 wrote:

Gary Neville's rank hypocrisy has annoyed me more than the performance, which has been utterly predictable and entirely familiar and at least cranks the pressure up on Wenger a bit. He'll still leave when he fucking wants and he is still too arrogant to walk away at the end of the year and admit that he isn't the best man for the job, but hopefully we will follow this up with another thrashing on Thursday, the sort of defeat at Brighton that has typified our season and another thrashing in Milan before we play at home again.

Sean

Post by Sean »

Another defeat in one of the cups that The Old Fraud cannot win :roll:

Decent line-up; there was not much more we could do with this squad. It was one of the few games where we kept some numbers behind the ball, but our striker is usually isolated and therefore nullified. There was a good chance wasted early on; Ozil should have shot first time and then Aubameyang made an arse of it. We had a few wasted set pieces afterwards.

Then there was brutal proof that Guardiola sides can go direct, with a goal kick over our disorganised and naive pub team defence leading to a goal for Aguero, who made the most of the situation to catch Mustafi unaware and delayed any reaction from him, breaking away for another standard concession for us from a break. Unsurprisingly, the defence and TOF complained like pansies. As much as they hate it, football is still a contact sport, just about.

Monreal taken off hurt for Kolasinac, long before the magical 70th minute. Aubemeyang wasted a rare through ball, being closed down by the crocked Kompany of all people. Wilshere complained about being tackled.

Kompany shot wide early in the second half. Seeing them bringing on a sub after an injury, you can see that TOF and Guardiola are night and day when it comes to tactical instruction to substitutes. Guardiola is highly involved with game management, whereas our old ponce just sits there hugging himself. We then almost made an arse of a backpass.

Citeh killed the game on 57 minutes, with a shot from a corner being deflected in for their second goal. Game over. Welbeck on for Chambers. Then their third goal, via a pass through a crowded defence being slotted in. I wish we could do that. Then former cup final hero Ramsey was off for Iwobi just after 70 minutes. Xhaka had our first shot of the half, going over the bar. The Citeh fans started giving Olés to complete the humiliation. That poor little Gooner crying; he'll have to get used to this shite, as we have done for the past decade.

One benefit of being stuck with the ESPN feed was hearing TOF critic Craig Burley saying it like it is as the game was ripped away from us. If only he wasn't a pundit in a relative footballing backwater and was saying it in front of AKB Keown on Match of the Day. The British footballing media need to be hearing and saying this. TOF has been finished for a long time and nothing will change.

So another failure in a League Cup final for The Old Fraud, to go with 2007 and 2011. I expect Citeh to beat us on Thursday night to go 30 points ahead of us. I'll be surprised if the Cashburton crowd ever turn on TOF though. There are just too many tourists, happy-clappers and potentially violent AKBs there.

At least the protests can finally get some momentum now, if the local support base can even be arsed.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

Otherwise I could really see this club going 40 or 50 years without a league title, as Liverpool are already well on the way to doing. The game's changed, and not for the better. But you adapt or you become irrelevant.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Highlights are on channel 5 from 8pm to 9pm if anyone fancies watching. :barscarf:

Ooooooh Arsene Wenkers magic, he wears a magic hat, .................

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I haven’t watched today but get the gist of it!
Can I just say......to all those who have said ‘he deserves to choose when he goes’.....this ones for you people! :oops: :banghead:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Kompany did for city today what Mertesacker did for us against Chelski in the cup final.
Well done City.
There can't be an autopsy completed on a rotten corpse of a team.
Last edited by Nos89 on Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.