Financial Results

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
sk-gtfo

Re: Financial Results

Post by sk-gtfo »

General wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:13 am
Yes TV money has outstripped match day income and reduced the reliance on CL money but it's still not even enough to cover our wage bill. A club with our financial model is certainly in no position to treat CL revenue as some lose change. The club has moved swiftly to offset the loss of revenue by selling a lot of players in January and if the inevitable happens and we fail to make CL next season don't be surprised to transfer activities curtailed until he shift some more players.
This is why replacing Wenger wont change much even though it obviously should happen, his replacement will have a very limited transfer budget because the w*nker who owns the club wont step in at all, it will be full on austerity measures next season, I think his replacement will have a transfer budget of no more than £80M, with the money City, United and to a lesser extent Chelski have what chance has the next manager got?.

Modern football sucks.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

So the next incumbent will have to build team spirit make a plan with a direction to aim for and coach the players to play to their strengths rather than shoehorning them into system that has not worked.
If you haven't got the money to buy ready made you have to work and improve what you have.At the moment we are little more than a mid table team. So make a realistic target of top 4 as the first step of getting back as opposed to treating it as a success on the way down.

General

Post by General »

A11M11 wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:40 am
So the next incumbent will have to build team spirit make a plan with a direction to aim for and coach the players to play to their strengths rather than shoehorning them into system that has not worked.
If you haven't got the money to buy ready made you have to work and improve what you have.At the moment we are little more than a mid table team. So make a realistic target of top 4 as the first step of getting back as opposed to treating it as a success on the way down.
That's the key point. Wenger is not getting the best out of the resources at his disposal because he is not a master tactician and never will be. He's been allowed to assemble too much dross resulting in a very bloated squad and wage bill. The Board have had enough and took executive decision to reduce squad size this season. It's all there in our financial reports. Unless he magically secures CL football for next season which would probably be seen as one of his greatest achievements in view of all the discontent and open revolt, he is out this summer IMO.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Reckon it could be quicker than that if we get a 2 leg stuffing against Milan.

General

Post by General »

Kroenke won't sack him. Not in a million years unless he takes us to the brink of relegation which isn't going to happen either. He's here until the summer at least.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Not so sure , if you take on board the rumours that Keswick and Harris are anti Wenger that only leaves Stan , Josh and Friar . Friar probably still thinksthat Henry plays for us and Josh has just gone back to the States reportin to daddy with the last 3 weeks under his belt. A total killing in Milan and going out a week later might be enough forthe towel to get thrown.

General

Post by General »

Once inevitable exit from Europa cup is confirmed there will be nothing to play for as top 4 would likely be out of reach. This makes any sacking before the summer futile. Not that I want to get dragged into a debate on the merits of sacking Wenger but anyone who genuinely believes he'd be unceremoniously booted out after 21years is being very naive. I'd love to see him go before the end of the season too but it's not going to happen. You're talking about one of the most conservative clubs in English football and Kroenke is Wenger's biggest fans. He confirmed in an interview last year that he regularly exchanges texts with Wenger. If any change is going to happen, it would likely be in the summer and that's heavily dependent on the failure to secure CL football. Kroenke calls the shots, the rest of the board can sit down.

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

You know I'm getting sick of Arsenal always saying they don't have money to compete in transfer market. New story is we are selling Bellerin for 50 Million to raise money for the transfer window.
So you are telling me 12 years after moving to The Emirates we are still paying it off and don't have spare money to sign good players. Dress it up all you want but even with Lacazette and Aubamerang we only spent 7 Million after the money we recouped with selling players.
Something is seriously wrong with the cash figures. We get 150 Million a year just from TV money.
Am I wrong or do these cries of poverty seem rediculas and just where does all the money go ?
If this is the case then Kroenke needs to go and let's have a cash injection from our owner. Liverpool seem to have money to spend as does all the other top clubs

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:37 am
You know I'm getting sick of Arsenal always saying they don't have money to compete in transfer market. New story is we are selling Bellerin for 50 Million to raise money for the transfer window.
So you are telling me 12 years after moving to The Emirates we are still paying it off and don't have spare money to sign good players. Dress it up all you want but even with Lacazette and Aubamerang we only spent 7 Million after the money we recouped with selling players.
Something is seriously wrong with the cash figures. We get 150 Million a year just from TV money.
Am I wrong or do these cries of poverty seem rediculas and just where does all the money go ?
If this is the case then Kroenke needs to go and let's have a cash injection from our owner. Liverpool seem to have money to spend as does all the other top clubs
I have no issue selling Bellerin for £50m, likewise Ramsey if anyone is stupid enough to pay that amount ( I know the market is mad)
We are still paying for the stadium, but it is on a “mortgage” of roughly £30m a year, so easily manageable.

We have an owner, board and manager all of whom don’t like spending money - so until the regime changes that’s how it is.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I'm sure the club stated that the stadium was paid off in 2016 with all the sponsorship deals and the selling of property and land.
Has Stan borrowed against the stadium like the Glazers did at united?

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Get rid of Wenger, that'll save over £10m the useless wanker!
Promote Steve Bould on his £30k a week, everyone a winner! :lol:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Nos89 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:55 pm
I'm sure the club stated that the stadium was paid off in 2016 with all the sponsorship deals and the selling of property and land.
Has Stan borrowed against the stadium like the Glazers did at united?
The short term debt was paid off but the bond which is basically a long term low interest loan is still being paid off at around £18M a season (I think). Has Stan used Arsenal as collateral for the LA Rams $2BN stadium? - very likely.

He is a poisonous c*nt which is why I refuse to spend a penny of my money allowing him to use The Arsenal, other people need to wake up, if that upsets anyone I don't really care.

supergeorgegraham

In my view these financial lies are as serious as our Wenger problem. United proved last night that huge cash investment doesn't always work but if we get the right manager not Mourinho then he needs financial backing

supergeorgegraham

I keep reading stories here and there that we are short of money because we gave a few players good new contracts.
There should be a thread with the title Where are Arsenals missing Millions.
Not as bad as West Brom though just read they can't afford to pay their wages. What did they do with their TV money ? Maybe it's in the same place as ours. Offshore in a Swiss bank account.