Mediocre team v Shit team Sun 4th March

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Mediocre team v Shit team Sun 4th March

Post by SteveO 35 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:26 pm
Thursday 15th March.
That will be the night when we lose to Milan- he either resigns then or he is going to face abuse the like of which will never have been seen before for any manager.
I doubt either of those things will happen mate sadly (sorry not the bit about losing, that is the obvious part). He absolutely won't resign - he's so fucking deluded that even if we finish below Burnley and Leicester and don't even have the Thursday Night Cup next year, he will convince himself that one more year will put it all right. As for abuse like never before - lets be honest we're too nice for that. I doubt he'll get the Steve Kean treatment of people throwing down ST books in front of him, or the sort of shit the Mickeys or Barcodes have dished out to managers they can't stand.

It will be apathy followed a realisation that the sad old c.unt will still be here next season. Just more and more gaps in the stands - that's all that will follow

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:23 pm
Makes no substitution Thursday night, blames heavy legs for today’s defeat.

Banter-nomics.
Been doing that for years.
This is how he rolls.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

That first half was truly abysmal; even by our shockingly low standards. Wenger and the board should be ashamed of themselves for what they've done to this great club.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:47 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Thursday 15th March.
That will be the night when we lose to Milan- he either resigns then or he is going to face abuse the like of which will never have been seen before for any manager.
I doubt either of those things will happen mate sadly (sorry not the bit about losing, that is the obvious part). He absolutely won't resign - he's so fucking deluded that even if we finish below Burnley and Leicester and don't even have the Thursday Night Cup next year, he will convince himself that one more year will put it all right. As for abuse like never before - lets be honest we're too nice for that. I doubt he'll get the Steve Kean treatment of people throwing down ST books in front of him, or the sort of shit the Mickeys or Barcodes have dished out to managers they can't stand.

It will be apathy followed a realisation that the sad old c.unt will still be here next season. Just more and more gaps in the stands - that's all that will follow
There will be NO fan reaction.....the fan base is diluted.....most just are resigned to the whole saga

Also a lot still support Wenger .....amazingly enough...

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:29 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
Thursday 15th March.

There will be NO fan reaction.....the fan base is diluted.....most just are resigned to the whole saga

The only fan reaction to gain attention is an empty stadium -the pictures of the ground on Thursday night set more tongues wagging than any banner ever did. Funny I remember a few of us getting shot down a couple of years ago for suggesting such a thing

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:31 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:29 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
Thursday 15th March.

The only fan reaction to gain attention is an empty stadium -the pictures of the ground on Thursday night set more tongues wagging than any banner ever did. Funny I remember a few of us getting shot down a couple of years ago for suggesting such a thing
There are still those on here who are still against it :roll:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Empty seats are what will hurt the club financially in the long run and Wiggy knows it. Sponsors are tied into commercial deals and ST holders have already paid for their tickets so no major short-term impact but come ST/Club Level renewal and major commercial deal negotiation it will hit the club in the pocket massively.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:42 pm
I reckon 3-1 them.

We'll go two down before scoring then concede a third when we overcommit trying to equalise.
But for the offside flag, I would have been spot on.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:10 pm
I reckon 3-1 them.

We'll go two down before scoring then concede a third when we overcommit trying to equalise.
Ohhh! Don't You Start With The Excuses As Well! ! ! :roll: :D :wink: :wink:

Talking of which:

He says he doesn't 'want to make excuses' but then goes on to list about 6 different things....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43280353

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:24 pm
Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:10 pm
I reckon 3-1 them.

Ohhh! Don't You Start With The Excuses As Well! ! ! :roll: :D :wink: :wink:
I predicted with the handbrake on. :barscarf: :barscarf: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

That was a given mate! :? :D

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ene-wenger

I know everybody is worried, but relax people, he's not going anywhere. Phew huh?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I'm still not sure what I watched yesterday.... simply some of the worst most turgid shit "football" I've ever seen. :censored:

Fucking awful. :oops: :roll:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Still love the club. Fuck off Arseene. :barscarf: :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

My young lad said that he had seen suggestions on social media last night that ramsey was left out yesterday cos he was the one slating the coaches in the players meeting the other day ....... anyone else hear that or do we even think that is a possibility ?