Mediocre team v Shit team Sun 4th March

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Allgunsblazin

Re: Mediocre team v Shit team Sun 4th March

Post by Allgunsblazin »

augie wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:27 am
My young lad said that he had seen suggestions on social media last night that ramsey was left out yesterday cos he was the one slating the coaches in the players meeting the other day ....... anyone else hear that or do we even think that is a possibility ?
Was there not another missing, where Wenger explained=lied about their whereabouts...
To be perfectly frank, I do not give a shit anymore and enjoyed the 3/1 on Brighton beating the wanker!
Terrible innit!, just wished I had a tenner on osterSund or whatever pub they were....

Not the current bun states Everton are interested in Wenker should he be sacked, honestly I think he resembles Goebbals with his own fake news machinery....

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

augie wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:27 am
My young lad said that he had seen suggestions on social media last night that ramsey was left out yesterday cos he was the one slating the coaches in the players meeting the other day ....... anyone else hear that or do we even think that is a possibility ?
https://twitter.com/AFCAMDEN/status/970 ... 34656?s=19

Clash

Post by Clash »

Must admit I thought we would turn this around in the 2nd half but I was wrong. We were just toothless and as committed as Brighton were, we didnt really test them.

In recent years we have had someone like RvP or more often Sanchez who could do something to get Wenger off the hook and paper over the cracks of a poor team performance. Even Giroud would do that occasionally ... most recently getting us an undeserved point at Southampton this season. Now it seems there isnt anyone to do that.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:31 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:29 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:47 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:26 pm
Thursday 15th March.
That will be the night when we lose to Milan- he either resigns then or he is going to face abuse the like of which will never have been seen before for any manager.
I doubt either of those things will happen mate sadly (sorry not the bit about losing, that is the obvious part). He absolutely won't resign - he's so fucking deluded that even if we finish below Burnley and Leicester and don't even have the Thursday Night Cup next year, he will convince himself that one more year will put it all right. As for abuse like never before - lets be honest we're too nice for that. I doubt he'll get the Steve Kean treatment of people throwing down ST books in front of him, or the sort of shit the Mickeys or Barcodes have dished out to managers they can't stand.

It will be apathy followed a realisation that the sad old c.unt will still be here next season. Just more and more gaps in the stands - that's all that will follow
There will be NO fan reaction.....the fan base is diluted.....most just are resigned to the whole saga

Also a lot still support Wenger .....amazingly enough...
The only fan reaction to gain attention is an empty stadium -the pictures of the ground on Thursday night set more tongues wagging than any banner ever did. Funny I remember a few of us getting shot down a couple of years ago for suggesting such a thing
I won't step foot in the place until the *word censored* goes....but a couple of wins though and it could fill up with day trippers and tourists again...we shall see

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Nice to see our team captain do a post match interview during this poor run, better late than never. For a leader of the team it was hardly convincing as no one is taking accountability.
Talking of which at least Cech has taken the accountability for his poor performance, and gets slated. Yes, he's no longer the keeper he once was but on a few occasions this season he's saved us from getting a proper hammering.

markyp

Post by markyp »

after yesterday ive decided personally that im going to stop slating any of the players.its quite clear they are shitting themselves everytime they take to the pitch,its no good saying they should man the fuck up and they are on £150k a week when its so clear they have zero instruction,even messi and Ronaldo would look shit in this team with our clueless manager,Bellerin has come in for a lot of shit lately,remember he is still a kid,he looks bewildered,he cant be that shit if barca wanted him back in the summer and juventus are rumoured to be interested,its no coincidence that Gabriel has become a big part of Valencia since leaving here,he wasn't as bad as we thought just woefully mismanaged,as for Cech,yes hes past it but would you really want to play behind our back line,i think his lack of confidence in the defence is making him make crap decisions that he might not have usually made.the whole thing is a joke right now but ive given up blaming the players when it was plain to see yesterday they all looked like rabbits in the headlights and desperate for some instruction

NickF

Post by NickF »

SteveO 35 wrote:

The only fan reaction to gain attention is an empty stadium -the pictures of the ground on Thursday night set more tongues wagging than any banner ever did. Funny I remember a few of us getting shot down a couple of years ago for suggesting such a thing
I disagree, virtually every match report from Bayern until the end of last season showed banners outside and inside the ground.
There will be around 45-50k at the next home game and the low attendance at City will be forgotten.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

markyp wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:39 pm
after yesterday ive decided personally that im going to stop slating any of the players.its quite clear they are shitting themselves everytime they take to the pitch,its no good saying they should man the fuck up and they are on £150k a week when its so clear they have zero instruction,even messi and Ronaldo would look shit in this team with our clueless manager,Bellerin has come in for a lot of shit lately,remember he is still a kid,he looks bewildered,he cant be that shit if barca wanted him back in the summer and juventus are rumoured to be interested,its no coincidence that Gabriel has become a big part of Valencia since leaving here,he wasn't as bad as we thought just woefully mismanaged,as for Cech,yes hes past it but would you really want to play behind our back line,i think his lack of confidence in the defence is making him make crap decisions that he might not have usually made.the whole thing is a joke right now but ive given up blaming the players when it was plain to see yesterday they all looked like rabbits in the headlights and desperate for some instruction
You ever hear of one Alex Song....? :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Lee Dixon says Wenger’s recruitment now has become “panic street” followed by “Mustafi .... don’t get me started on him.”

Dixon says Neville told him he can’t believe Arsenal paid £35m on him & that Valencia once “couldn’t give him away.”

Twitter

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:43 pm
markyp wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:39 pm
You ever hear of one Alex Song....? :lol:

Additionally, you should never state as a fact, something you read in a tabloid newspaper.

When the 'Bellerin to Barca' stories were in the British press there wasn't even a murmur in the Spanish press. I suspect it was idle gossip or Bellerin's agent. If anyone's seen Sergi Roberto play, they'll know Bellerin wouldn't get a look in.

Offside

Post by Offside »

Chris Hughton has now beaten Wenger with Newcastle, Norwich and Brighton. They were probably the three easiest games he's managed. The Newcastle one was when we were bullied out of it by Andy Carroll. The Norwich game was when the team took a 14-minute flight ( :shock: ) to get there, barely managed a shot on target and got absolutely rinsed by Grant Holt.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Offside wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:50 pm
Chris Hughton has now beaten Wenger with Newcastle, Norwich and Brighton. They were probably the three easiest games he's managed. The Newcastle one was when we were bullied out of it by Andy Carroll. The Norwich game was when the team took a 14-minute flight ( :shock: ) to get there, barely managed a shot on target and got absolutely rinsed by Grant Holt.
Good manager Chris Hughton and even though he played for the enemy he did deliver....
I wouldn't mind him managing Arsenal, absolutely fed up with these Carlos's .... :lol:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Offside wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:50 pm
My last away game was v Norwich, we lost 1-0 in an awful display, we were pathetic no attempts on goal from us, which has become the norm.
It cost me £50 to,witness and I just thought I have much better things to spend my hard earned cash and time on.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:16 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:29 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:47 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:26 pm
Thursday 15th March.
That will be the night when we lose to Milan- he either resigns then or he is going to face abuse the like of which will never have been seen before for any manager.
I doubt either of those things will happen mate sadly (sorry not the bit about losing, that is the obvious part). He absolutely won't resign - he's so fucking deluded that even if we finish below Burnley and Leicester and don't even have the Thursday Night Cup next year, he will convince himself that one more year will put it all right. As for abuse like never before - lets be honest we're too nice for that. I doubt he'll get the Steve Kean treatment of people throwing down ST books in front of him, or the sort of shit the Mickeys or Barcodes have dished out to managers they can't stand.

It will be apathy followed a realisation that the sad old c.unt will still be here next season. Just more and more gaps in the stands - that's all that will follow
There will be NO fan reaction.....the fan base is diluted.....most just are resigned to the whole saga

Also a lot still support Wenger .....amazingly enough...
I won't step foot in the place until the *word censored* goes....but a couple of wins though and it could fill up with day trippers and tourists again...we shall see
The daytrippers are fickle enough to go elsewhere. We're not entertaining to watch anymore and they come to watch big stars. Ozil apart we don't have any. Good job too - can't wait to see the place half empty week after week.....been calling it like that for ages. Will finally prove wrong all this nonsense about thousands waiting to take up the places of ST holders

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

NickF wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:49 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:

I disagree, virtually every match report from Bayern until the end of last season showed banners outside and inside the ground.
There will be around 45-50k at the next home game and the low attendance at City will be forgotten.
Lol - there's a surprise. Are you the new Robin_L ? :D Mr Contrary View to whatever I say.....still if it keeps you happy :barscarf: