AC Milan (A) | Europa League R16 L1 | Thu 8 Mar 18:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Henry Norris 1913

Re: AC Milan (A) | Europa League R16 L1 | Thu 8 Mar 18:00

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

so many needless niggly little fouls given against us that were never fouls, some hairbrained football from xhaka aside every player did their job, maitland-niles looking particularly comfortable in the last 15 or so minutes, fair play to him.

lets not complacent and fuck this up next week, just need to do what we did today

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Good performance tonight mostly, and now flat track season and our run to ensure european qualification starts, oh and incidently quiet any dissension from players, fans and media......

You just couldn't make this amount of luck without having compromising pics of 'old nick' inflagrante with mother Theresa or something :roll:

But all else aside it was a good result and performance and it's nice to have a good away result in Europe for once even if it is against a Milan who are a shadow of their great teams

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

They have a good record only losing at home to Juve and Roma and Atalanta!...
So they are not that bad, anyway it only half time and as we know things change in the blink of an eye.... 8)

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

g88ner wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:01 pm
We just beat AC Milan at the San Siro 2-0 :barscarf: absolutely fantastic win tonight! 8)
For the second time :barscarf:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:22 pm
So they are not that bad, anyway it only half time and as we know things change in the blink of an eye.... 8)
yes they are. they are 7th in very poor league. says it all. yet the cretins on bbc saying dont doubt wenger, this shows potential blah blah blah.

f off.

extreme example but 2 nil at san siro could soon be akin to winning 2 nil at the city ground...

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

bbc:

Arsenal fans are exhausting ... one season so far without Champions League football, 2-0 up against Milan in the San Siro, how many FA Cup wins in recent seasons? And already have played in a final this season ... please stop complaining and support your team !
David, Belfast

To all Arsenal fans who think they can influence the board and management with their moaning and ‘analysis’. You can’t. Suck it up, chant your lungs out whatever the weather and get behind the team.
Shiv, Wengerland

Michael West: I think if Arsenal/Wenger won this competition it could be classed as a pretty successful season. Silverware, Champions League football next season, Domestic cup final and sorting the futures of Sanchez & Ozil. While bringing in top quality players in the process.

Fred Honsa: What is happening? Is this really Arsenal winning a game or Milan doing an Arsenal?

Prash: Arsenal 'fans' trying their best to say clever things while sniping at Wenger... but then again it is the era where fans from Leicester hounded their league winning manager in the blink of an eye.

Javel Bleach: Arsenal are probably as good now as they were when they were winning the Premier League, except that the others above them have got better still.

Going to be pretty exciting to not be the only Arsenal fan wanting Wenger to sign another contract...come on you Gooners...
Andi, Harrogate

Arsene deserves a lot more respect for all he has done for Arsenal - an amazing manager for 20 plus years - but that doesn’t make headlines - the team needs support not endless moaning.
Anon

For Arsenal supporters who are against Wenger, can you at least hold your hands up and say "I may not like him, but he's done awesomely today".
Fred, Devon

Richard Elgar: Is there any chance the 'Arsene Out' whingers could acknowledge a classy, professional, and entertaining win over AC Milan at the San Siro? Or just too entitled?

7th in serie a

ffs so many mouth breathers still.

augie

Post by augie »

Pity we didnt lose 6-0 :evil: :evil: :censored: :censored: :censored:

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Always love to see us win but the conflict in my heart at the moment is agonising

I know this is an awful thing to say but I’m gutted in some way about that. It’s shit like that that keeps that fucker in a job.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Fuck it I loved it ,I'm sorry but no matter how much I have distanced myself from all the shit ,deep down I am Arsenal to my core ,to see us win away in Europe like this makes me happy,I can't help it !

I'm happy ,I hope your happy too !

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

So we finally played OK FFS. If we had put in against Stoke, Swansea, Bournemouth & Brighton to mention a few, we may be a lot closer to top 4.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

15 year contract extension incoming :barscarf:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

SPUDMASHER wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:14 pm
Always love to see us win but the conflict in my heart at the moment is agonising

I know this is an awful thing to say but I’m gutted in some way about that. It’s shit like that that keeps that fucker in a job.
That's exactly how I feel too, Spud, Old Chap. It's a horrible feeling and I think it shows just how much fun and passion Wenger has taken out of the fans. We simply don't have the energy left these days to get too excited because we know that the wider issues are more important and go deeper. Last night made me think what could be possible with a new manager.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:16 pm
Fuck it I loved it ,I'm sorry but no matter how much I have distanced myself from all the shit ,deep down I am Arsenal to my core ,to see us win away in Europe like this makes me happy,I can't help it !

I'm happy ,I hope your happy too !
Me too. Can't help it. I've lived through worse times as a Gooner in the 70s and 80s tbh and I refuse to let Wenger make me hate my club.

But....

This happiness is a very temporary and fleeting thing because I know it's a one off good performance just like the FA Cup final was in May.

The big difference between now and the old bad days is that back then you knew a shit manager would only get a couple seasons to sort it out and then be replaced if need be. Now? Wenger has a job until he wants to leave.... no matter what. It feels endless and hopeless. :|

I don't believe any of this horseshit that he will be sacked based upon a few bad results. Equally it's horseshit to say winning the FA Cup got him his contract extension. Trophies mean little to the owner. Wenger delivers what the wig molesting prick wants: stability profit and minimum spend to sustain profit. :roll:

So yeah enjoyed the game and loved beating the cheating diving scum of Milan but it's tainted by the knowledge that we haven't turned a corner or any of that old shit and are still as likely to lose silly matches as we are to win a couple big games.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:17 pm
Pity we didnt lose 6-0 :evil: :evil: :censored: :censored: :censored:
Fuck that augie. To fucking Milan? Fuck that.

We could have lost 6-0 last night and do you know how much impact that would have on Wenger's tenure? Fucking none.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

the playing mantis wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:34 pm
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:22 pm
yes they are. they are 7th in very poor league. says it all. yet the cretins on bbc saying dont doubt wenger, this shows potential blah blah blah.

f off.

extreme example but 2 nil at san siro could soon be akin to winning 2 nil at the city ground...

And we are 6th in a piss poor league and an away win at the San Siro is welcome after losing at home to a Swedish pub team, don't knock it till you've done it mate.... :lol: :wink: