AC Milan (A) | Europa League R16 L1 | Thu 8 Mar 18:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Herd

Re: AC Milan (A) | Europa League R16 L1 | Thu 8 Mar 18:00

Post by Herd »

I want us to win and we Need to win this trophy.
Even if a loss would mean the departure of TOF I will still want us to win it .
If we are out of of any Euro action next season ,the board will tighten the belt and any new manager will face a job of selling half the
squad to finance new players.
They will not suddenly loosen the purse strings as some thing to think .
A return to the chumps league would see us back in the mix .
A loss and it's years of mid table drudgery which will make todays rubbish seem like heaven !
This season we have a balanced in/out ie no real investment in the team ,largely because we are 25/30 Million short of chumps league Money.
With nothing there will be downturn in club level sales and that will mean we will need to find money to make the profits !

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Herd wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:24 am
If we are out of of any Euro action next season ,the board will tighten the belt and any new manager will face a job of selling half the
A loss and it's years of mid table drudgery which will make todays rubbish seem like heaven !
This season we have a balanced in/out ie no real investment in the team ,largely because we are 25/30 Million short of chumps league Money.
With nothing there will be downturn in club level sales and that will mean we will need to find money to make the profits !
He's incapable of winning this...he can't rally his first choice to beat Brighton...he won't win this. We might get past Milan, (I doubt it), but he won't win the competition...there are some good teams in this competition, we aren't one of them.

Any team can win a one off, even us, but we won't win 7 "one offs"

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

xisstential wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:27 am
xisstential wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:54 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:35 pm
Lose 7-0 and he'll still be here next season - don't do it to yourselves boys. He's already said he won't leave, Gazidis is a puppet on Wiggy's string and the Puppet Master is happy that his little yes man takes all the shit for him and still makes him a nice profit. Kroenke will never employ a winner who starts making demands so we're stuck with Shit For Brains until he himself appoints a younger version of himself
They are predicting a 10% fall in revenue this year. We get blown out of the Europa and you'll probably be able to buy tickets at the gate for our remaining home matches this season (you know what I mean) The loss of financial success at the club is what is going to kill him. I have been one of the biggest pessimists with regard to him leaving but I honestly believe if we go out of Europa he is finished. It won't be the drop down the table that will worry Kroenke it will be the drop in income....he won't stand for that.

He doesn't give a rats ass about winning trophies but he does care about the profits.
I do agree with you that it will be a revenue/profit based decision on Wenger rather than the lack of trophies. I wonder if its enough just missing out on the CL for a second season? Certainly if he carries on taking us this far down - and if he stays next season anything between 7th and 14th is probably a possibility - then I think he wouldn't renew his contract. Unless there's some form of gentleman's agreement though surely he'd have to pay him off the £10m or so that remains on his deal for the final year, as well as bringing in a new guy and making funds available to rebuild. Makes me think he might delay it until Shit for Brains deal actually expires
There might have been a provisional clause in his last 2 year extension regarding CL qualification (I actually heard there was??). I said last season after the FA Cup derailed the protests that the roof was going to fall in on his head this season. He sees out his contract and next season is going to be absolutely catastrophic. You don't have to be a genius to see that.

His luck has run out and he is incapable of rescuing the situation. Whenever him and the players were under pressure before they used to circle the wagons and present a united front....now there seems to be complete disunity in the camp. If he blames the players, and tbh who else has he got left to blame, he is finished.

If the club don't get shot of him in the summer, they will be scrambling desperately to replace him come Christmas.

Just read a book by Jon Smith who is a football agent and pretty well connected with the club. He states that our financial model is based on qualifying for the CL 3 years out of 4. I guess we will find out how accurate that statement is pretty soon. I just don't want that senile old c.unt movign upstairs in any role whatsoever, he just needs to be shown the door for good.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Herd wrote:
I agree with you on this. We have the players that can win this trophy, they need to play for professional pride.
This situation is similar to the late '60's and early '80's where we have a European trophy in the offering. Win it and it boosts the club lose it and it sinks the club a bit lower. It's not about Wenger anymore, for me, now it's down to the players.

Herd

Post by Herd »

He's incapable of winning this...he can't rally his first choice to beat Brighton...he won't win this. We might get past Milan, (I doubt it), but he won't win the competition...there are some good teams in this competition, we aren't one of them.

I know that X ,I have more faith in the Government than I do in our team ,and I hate our government !

It's a shame but there isn't a single Arsenal player I like any more,Id like to like Jack but he makes it hard !

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Herd wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:55 am

I know that X ,I have more faith in the Government than I do in our team ,and I hate our government !

It's a shame but there isn't a single Arsenal player I like any more,Id like to like Jack but he makes it hard !
Tbf to him Herd I think Jack cares, I think he loves Arsenal. He's the only one on the field who seems to care. I was there on Sunday and the only time Brighton stopped him was by fouling him. I think in a decent Arsenal team, with a decent manager/coach he could really shine. There are maybe 6 players in our entire squad who I hold out any hope for under a new manager... the rest are hopeless.

I just do not believe we can win the Europa...this squad with a decent manager.....maaaaybe. With Wenger..no chance.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Herd wrote:
I feel the opposite Herd mate...There is ALWAYS a Chance that should we go on and win this trophy he would indeed still be manager next season...I simply cannot bear to think about that.

Even if it means losing - I believe it would contribute to his departure sooner rather than later.

The sooner he goes we can try and become Arsenal FC once more, instead of Arsene fc.

#WengerOutNOW.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Nos89 wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:51 am
Herd wrote:
I agree with you on this. We have the players that can win this trophy, they need to play for professional pride.
This situation is similar to the late '60's and early '80's where we have a European trophy in the offering. Win it and it boosts the club lose it and it sinks the club a bit lower. It's not about Wenger anymore, for me, now it's down to the players.
I don't get the logic, that we 'have the players to win this'. Look at our attacking options, and they are Welbeck(who probably shouldn't be at the club) or Lacazette(when fit) who will never work out for us, as Wenger won't adjust his system to suit his strengths. At the back we are calamitous, and with the exception of Wilshere, i wouldn't trust the rest of our midfield - in particular expect Xhaka to be the cause of at least one goal for Milan over the 2 legs.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:19 am
Herd wrote:
I feel the opposite Herd mate...There is ALWAYS a Chance that should we go on and win this trophy he would indeed still be manager next season...I simply cannot bear to think about that.

Even if it means losing - I believe it would contribute to his departure sooner rather than later.

The sooner he goes we can try and become Arsenal FC once more, instead of Arsene fc.

#WengerOutNOW.
Agreed, kick the fucker up the Arse and chuck him out of the club asap....his legacy has gone and he will never leave willingly...

change of regime required......

Herd

Post by Herd »

If we taught how to defend
If we then defended as we should
If we played to our strengths
If we looked to exploit our opponents weaknesses
If we worked hard as a team for 90 mins

We certainly DO have the players to beat most team,s in the land and abroad ,the level of our performance against the rent boys in the cup shows that !

But we dont do these tings so we wont win it !

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

just checked to see what ticket sales were like for the 2nd leg - amazingly the ground has pretty much sold out!

augie

Post by augie »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:25 pm
just checked to see what ticket sales were like for the 2nd leg - amazingly the ground has pretty much sold out!

Wait until all the tickets go up on ticket exchange and you will see how sold out the match will be :lol: If we dont get a good result in the away game, the stadium mightnt be half full :lol: :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Could be the one remaining game of any interest this season, so I'm not fooled by that.....often happens. Lose the first leg by 3 or more goals and we'll see how many put the STs up for sale and how many actually show up

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

augie wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:42 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:

Wait until all the tickets go up on ticket exchange and you will see how sold out the match will be :lol: If we dont get a good result in the away game, the stadium mightnt be half full :lol: :lol:
I'm only going to see AC Milan, and Rhino punch Wenger in the face!....
I would just fucking love that :box: ...

Oh and btw the Ultras fancy themselves too..... :box: :blah: :blah: :blah:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Herd wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:49 pm
If we taught how to defend
If we then defended as we should
If we played to our strengths
If we looked to exploit our opponents weaknesses
If we worked hard as a team for 90 mins

We certainly DO have the players to beat most team,s in the land and abroad ,the level of our performance against the rent boys in the cup shows that !

But we dont do these tings so we wont win it !

was quoted today wenger has no review of past games....we already know he never criticises players for fear of upsetting them..... :rubchin: