5 live Martin

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: 5 live Martin

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:38 pm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43391018

You really have to read this shit.......

What an ass kissing :censored:

He dealt with it (the criticism) by remaining balanced and consistent in his behaviour :banghead: :banghead:

By “consistent” do you mean he sat there doing nothing except argue with the long / 4th official Martin ?

If he was there for another 2 or 3 years I would be quite pleased :banghead: WTF are you on ?
Ffs man. If we have learned nothing else from this thread we have learned that Martin Knows. :x

Ffs. :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Yes, Martin knows alright and how do We 'know' that Martin 'knows' !???

It is because he is the pilot of that aircraft known (sic) as Irony - That is often known to fly over some peoples heads.

He has the inside scope on all that is going on and is an Agent Provocateur put in place by Arsene Wenger some 11 seasons ago - his sole task to get into a position of punditry and 'sleep' till awakened by the secret code words "Wenger Out" - thus he is now disseminating and spreading false rumours and fake news for ArseneTrump FC, to confuse us helpless beeeatches and the mongoloid journo's who think they hear a Dinner Bell a-ringing every time wenger opens his mouth.

Be assured we now 'know' of his devilish plans and of the other 'sleeping agents' who when the shyte really hits the fan(s) will come out all quotes and sympathy blazing!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

The next phase of this most evil plan of ArseneTrump FC is the Nerve Gas, I jest not...they have already been releasing a mild formula of said toxinious gas in gradully increasing amounts - AKA: hLEBBYgAS. sO as the Tourists enter The Bowl (aka: The eMirates Stadium) to ensure no one says or does anything that could be mildy construed as anti-ArseneTrump FC - All the while they spend their money like fools with bottomless pockets in the armoury and concessions areas.

So indeed Martin DOES Indeed "Know".

John F

Post by John F »

I got a bit worried that martin had gone off track after he said on 5live that it was time Arsene left and someone should put their hand on his shoulder and give him a slam down but then I remembered the former planet of the apes extra is a dickplomat and was just placating both sides.
Arsene s top fans are showing a giant banner in support of him against Milan,the stewards having been so supportive to the Wenger out banners feel it is only fair that they assist the bunch of loyal erectors with the banner.The great thing is it can be used in later games to cover up the empty seats.
I undetstand they have still got the North bank Muriel used in the nineties during Highburys redevelopment and it is going to be put in place over the seats on one side, along with the piped crowd noise that was used.Might go wrong if the team gets booed off at half time by a Muriel though.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

John F wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:08 pm
Thanks Martin for the enlightenment.Just wondering how you view Arsene s input during game time. The cruel non believers would have you believe that he has no impact ,all he does is sit on his bony arse fidgeting because of his piles like grape's next to silent Steve and the only time he gets up is to tell the fourth official that the ref has no father. His half time routine consist of 10 mins in the toilet trying to work his trouser zip,4mins blotting the wet.patch just below the groin area,1min telling the boys to carry on.I know these negative comments are just wrong.Take silent Steve I have been informed that he suffers from a rare nervous disorder called travailler avec un vieux fou syndrome. This causes him to bite his tongue in the company of Frenchmen rendering him temporary mute.As for Arsene only getting up to berate the fourth official,what people do not realize is that to become a 4th official they have to have a level one coaching badge,something Arsene doesn't have.He is merely asking for advice as you can clearly see when he stretches his arms out and says "fourthy shall I play everyone out wide".
That is brilliant....fell about laughing.... :D :D :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Martin, can I call you Martin? I have a quick question for you. Are you, as claimed on this very forum, a "spunkbubble", or are you, much like Arsene, just very misunderstood by lesser mortals?

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

Hi Guys,

Well Arsene deserves a lot of credit and I hear the club are ecstatic with Arsene and lesser fact Arsenal being unbeaten for four weeks.He is moving the club forward and it looks like European football may well yet again be secured.I think the club have to seriously think about Arsene's contract situation,he is only one year away from being a free agent.

It is a situation the club needs to address....the manager has a history of being pro active on contract extensions how about Arsene actually thinking about himself for once.

He has rightly flagged ageism,for many people doubting him as a manager why just look at age and not relate it to performance and contracts two examples Dennis Bergkamp and Robert Pires were treated with the utmost respect in that regard one year extensions.think both will say they were just grateful to get new deals.Other clubs wouldn't even looked at those two.

Mikeal Silvestre broke the mold a prime over 30 defender stolen from Manchester United on a two year deal,Arsene knows alright is the saying around the Emirates and Highbury and as a former player I can only echo those sentiments,Arsene would always make exceptions for top talents like Silvestre.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

The Faithless bow before your wisdom - the feint hearted shiver with excitement about what your next bolt of lightning might be...All HAIL and let that be one of the 20 lessons that King Arthur he himself of the fabled sword forged from the shards of a fallen meteor and plunged into a blue rock stone from the Cornish oceans as a fisherman's blade might be plunged into briney waters.

Now then Be Silent and Let Him Speak.

So Sayeth They of the Hooded Silentium

John F

Post by John F »

Well Martin the day we have dreaded has arrived and our greatest leader is leaving.All day I have heard some great tributes to Arsen e today . "Ga v e me some great dietary advice by advising me to mix porridge oats with my lager"said Parlour,Like a father to me,he used to spank me if I was more then four hours late for training "said Ces" Got me a job as a stadium tour guide and I get to wear a yellow bib"said Tin Tin Groves,"Paid us more then double what other clubs would give us"said 25very average players.All great tributes but surely the man has more to offer maybe in the media.The praise directed towards him regarding his dietary and innovative fitness regimes that have extended players careers maybe suggest he could become a fitness Guru.I can see him becoming the new Mr Motivator on Good morning Britain.He could dress in a leotard and a berry and demonstrate his zip fiddling exercise regime and promote healthy eating by throwing onions at overweight people.He saved Arsenal,he saved English football ,now it's time for Arsen e to save the country.

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

Hi guys been a while.

Arsene has moved on and it's been a decent run under Emery 19 games unbeaten,Aubameyang has settled in and also Lacezette they were great signings by the former manager,now bedded in and as always Arsene has sowed the seeds for another man to reap.

Arsenal of course went 49 games unbeaten under Arsene and under Emery have yet to achieve that,the downside is as yet a lack of trophy or champions league football,Emery five months in has yet to achieve either.

He has shown that substitutions are not just for the 70th min onwards and this has certainly caught the opposition by surprise,Arsenal subs early not under Arsene and the opponents expected that,credit to him as Emery is reaping the rewards of what they call 'in game management' someone cruelly said mis-management when talking about recent Arsenal in the press box,think people are being a tad harsh on Emery.

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Topside Northbank wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:15 pm
Hi guys been a while.

Arsene has moved on and it's been a decent run under Emery 19 games unbeaten,Aubameyang has settled in and also Lacezette they were great signings by the former manager,now bedded in and as always Arsene has sowed the seeds for another man to reap.

Arsenal of course went 49 games unbeaten under Arsene and under Emery have yet to achieve that,the downside is as yet a lack of trophy or champions league football,Emery five months in has yet to achieve either.

He has shown that substitutions are not just for the 70th min onwards and this has certainly caught the opposition by surprise,Arsenal subs early not under Arsene and the opponents expected that,credit to him as Emery is reaping the rewards of what they call 'in game management' someone cruelly said mis-management when talking about recent Arsenal in the press box,think people are being a tad harsh on Emery.
So true Martin!

I like to think we had our post Wenger slump, like the one Man United have had since SAF left, whilst Wenger was in charge So I'd like to think, as he should be, given credit and respect for guiding us through that uncertain time! We're reaping the benefits now which I'm sure will be such a positive thing for him to bring up during all of his recent job interviews for all the top European clubs managers positions since he left Arsenal.
Last edited by Natural Born Gooner on Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Topside Northbank wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:15 pm
Hi guys been a while.

Good to have the voice of reasoned debate back Martin, clearly with the new Spanish imposter trying to pinch all Arsene's hard work and pass it off as his own we need somebody to keep it real and tell it like it really is :lol:

John F

Post by John F »

Martin I am with you and Jock on Arsene not getting enough credit but do not worry I have it on t he QT that Arsene holds a secret meeting with I believe Primorac,Peyton and a mysterious man wearing a hoodie who is the insider at the club attend.The only clue to this hero of the resistance identity is that he always has a cone tucked under each armpit.The agenda for this clandestine meeting is we want our Arsene F C back.The meeting consisted of finding ways to destabilize the current regime.Item 1 talking tactics,15 seconds later item 2 a video presentation by Peyton in which he turns off the lights leaves the room and comes back 15 minutes later to turn off the Debbie does Dallas tape.Item3 Bolo on why doing nothing to prepare is the best strategy.Item4 The mysterious man, chewing gum gets up slams down the cones on the table then as the anticipation reaches fever point sits back down saying nothing.The meeting is closed by Arsene saying "carry on i trust in you" and then laying into a blow up doll of a fourth official with real hair.
With this group working behind the scenes we will soon get our Arsene back.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

The French(ish) Resistance lives on in occupied Arsenal. No surrender :shock:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:43 pm
The French(ish) Resistance lives on in occupied Arsenal. No surrender :shock:
Spuddy has an occupied Arsenal. Oh, hang on - that's an occupied arsehole. :D :wink: