AC Milan (H) | Europa League R16 L2 | Thu 15 Mar 20:05

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Re: AC Milan (H) | Europa League R16 L2 | Thu 15 Mar 20:05

Post by Nos89 »

Enjoyed the game tonight. We really are not a good team. Didn't think much of Ozil, Jack and Mkihi tonight. Jack did get better after the other two went off. I'm changing my mind about jack after seeing him tonight. He reacts to the play he doesn't direct or dictate it. No one in an Arsenal shirt can.
Chambers did well after coming on for Koscielny who looks like he'll only play a bit part for the rest of the season. He's clearly not fit.
Hats off to the Milan fans who got louder and more passionate after we went 2-1 up.
Chaos outside entrance M. Only 4 turnstiles open I'd say a couple of hundred missed the first 5 minutes. Honestly never seen that at the ground before tonight.

Sean

Post by Sean »

I caught the highlights. It seems like we got away with it 8)

Their goal was a screamer. I am surprised with how rarely I see teams shoot from distance with these modern flyaway balls. Our over-passing play is maddening by comparison. Welbeck bought that penalty, but it saved us from going under.

Milan had a couple of good chances. Xhaka did one of the few things he is good at and shot from distance, with Donnarumma deflecting it into the net. I do wish that we put opposition goalkeepers under pressure more often and forcing them into errors like this.

Good save from Ospina at the other end, tipping the ball over the bar. Welbeck nodded in the final goal after Donnarumma saved Ramsey's chance.

It's annoying to see The Old Fraud openly say that he wants to avoid Atletico. Fans can say that, but not club officials. It shows us up as the small-timers that we have become in the past decade. The draw is in just over six hours from now. After 35 years in management, I wonder how he will eventually fuck it up for us in Europe this season :lol:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Really got away with a lot last night..Poor refereeing and a massive slice of luck saw us go 2-1 up....It was falling into place so much that the phrase "name on the cup" sprung to mind..
Can't say any Arsenal player was anywhere near outstanding,. Job done but when you think of the great AC Milan teams of the Channel 4 days and European nights this team is a poor imitation. They haven't been in Europe for four seasons and are sixth (?) In Seria A. Bigger tests ahead.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

That really is a very average to poor Milan side. No denying that. But we looked good in patches and did well not to go into panic mode when Ospina did his Kryten slow motion falling over impression for their goal. :oops: :roll:

Speaking of Ospina... Sorry all you Kryten haters but this fucking championship level dickwad is not the answer. He instills only fear and lack of confidence in our defence, he can't sort his feet quick enough, his positioning is ammatuer level and he is as bad as Flappianski was on crosses.

Welbeck should be fucking ashamed of himself and should be punished retrospectively for diving. And it was a dive. No other word for it. The single ONLY likeable part of it is the fact it was against an Italian team..... after all it was these cùnts and their South American counterparts that invented and perfected the dark art of diving. So fuck em it's divine intervention on the cheating cùnts. :lol:

John F

Post by John F »

Arsenal v csk Moscow has to be in the Q/F .

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

John F wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:34 am
Arsenal v csk Moscow has to be in the Q/F .
Apparently, if they get drawn against us, they're changing their name to "Novichok Moscow" - some bloody nerve! :x

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

:tumbleweed:

:D :wink:

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

Is there any way we could win this competition and not have to play in that bloated bag of shit champions league next season, honestly I’m more interested in a cup than some pity ticket to the be all and end all. What a relief this season seeing Bayern ragdoll someone else for a change, we are even further below that standard this season. An added bonus would not having to listen to the senile old duffer proclaim the season a success

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:31 am
That really is a very average to poor Milan side. No denying that. But we looked good in patches and did well not to go into panic mode when Ospina did his Kryten slow motion falling over impression for their goal. :oops: :roll:

Speaking of Ospina... Sorry all you Kryten haters but this fucking championship level dickwad is not the answer. He instills only fear and lack of confidence in our defence, he can't sort his feet quick enough, his positioning is ammatuer level and he is as bad as Flappianski was on crosses.

Welbeck should be fucking ashamed of himself and should be punished retrospectively for diving. And it was a dive. No other word for it. The single ONLY likeable part of it is the fact it was against an Italian team..... after all it was these cùnts and their South American counterparts that invented and perfected the dark art of diving. So fuck em it's divine intervention on the cheating cùnts. :lol:
You can be sure wellwide will now be pilloried in the papers while they forget that the only time deli sandwich manages to remain uptight is when he is er..engaging with one of his groupies!

markyp

Post by markyp »

I think last night showed the level we are at,we are a Europa league team and that's all,just how good we will start to see in the next round,if we win this is will be a miracle,the way we play way to open as always will be our downfall,milan had a few chances on another day could have been a hugely different result

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

What's scary is the demise of 7 time European Cup winners AC Milan. They are a European giant who has fallen down and not got up.
We have never won it but our demise is quite similar in terms of where we used to be.
I can't see us winning the Europa League but we really need too.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:26 pm
Be funny if we draw Moscow next round - that would be a hardcore away trip at the moment
there you go, it had to be :rubchin:

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

Can we convince the Russians Wenger is a double agent?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Did we actually Win!??? :shock:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:56 am
:tumbleweed:

:D :wink:
:cry: :lol: