Keown is such a spunkbubble

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
the playing mantis

Keown is such a spunkbubble

Post by the playing mantis »

merge if im repeating, but this *word censored* is back to his old tricks:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43391018

beating an awful milan and then watford (which could have been very different) and AW is back in control. fucking tosswit, but its what the flip flopers think too. we will win a few dead rubbers in the league, stay in the UEFA cup till we draw a good team and all will be well in the arsenal garden.

spacktoids.

augie

Re: Keown is such a spunkbubble

Post by augie »

Keown is an absolute wan*er whose reputation was largely made on the back of that van horseface incident, and it masked an average/decent career with us. He is always the one left out when the fans and media talk about the Arsenal back 5.

Ugly b*stard :evil: :evil: :evil: :censored: :censored: :censored:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Keown is the worst flip-flopper of the lot.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

He's a complete *word censored* these days. He's like one of those SS guards living in Argentina in the 60s, still in love with the Fuhrer and refusing to believe the truth.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

augie wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:24 am
Keown is an absolute wan*er whose reputation was largely made on the back of that van horseface incident, and it masked an average/decent career with us. He is always the one left out when the fans and media talk about the Arsenal back 5.

Ugly b*stard :evil: :evil: :evil: :censored: :censored: :censored:
tbf to his playing career i thought he was a top defender in his second spell with us tbh, so think your being a bit harsh there. hes still a complete baba/martin *word censored* though

talking of which is baba still around?

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

I would love to win the Europea League collect a European trophy as well as back door entry to the CL. But every time that is spoken of, its in the context of meaning Wenger has the right to stay if it does happen. Its almost as if a European trophy would be secondary and less prominent than Wenger position at the club. Lets say we actually did it - Martin Keown and Ty would be like oh yes this gives us over to keep supporting Wenger.

All talk of winning the Europea league is all for the wrong reasons. You try to win competitions because thats what competitive football demands, not because it would create an environment for a toxic manager to stay on another year.

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

Just read the article from Keown and apart from the "if we win the Europa and Wenger stays for 2 more years" quote I agree with everything else he says, how could you not?
Doesn't make him a crunt though, its just his opinion, as for now making out he was an average defender for us that is just ridiculous, jesus, what would we do for a few of him now?
He gave 100% in EVERY game he played for us and would run through brick walls for the club that he genuinely loves, what`s wrong with you lot?

Perryashburtongroves

Keown reckons that he would be happy for Wanker to stay for two or three more years if we won the Europa League. That comment in itself shows he has no idea and no ambition. Shut the fuck up .

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:49 am
Keown reckons that he would be happy for Wanker to stay for two or three more years if we won the Europa League. That comment in itself shows he has no idea and no ambition. Shut the fuck up .
He is a pundit!!!
He is paid for his views, he is asked questions and gives his views, why should he shut the fuck up, because you want him to??? lol

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Whilst I agree that every Pundit has an opinion, the Pundit must avoid becoming OPINIONATED!...
He never gives a balanced view, and basically has a low degree of intelligence, hence the stupid Starman in front of Van Nistleroy!...
I will add no more to this thread, as he deserves 0 zilch nil!...

Perryashburtongroves

elpelsarmy wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:57 am
He is a pundit!!!
He is paid for his views, he is asked questions and gives his views, why should he shut the fuck up, because you want him to??? lol
If he's a pundit, he should have some awareness of a situation and should be 'in touch' with the feelings of the fans of the club he is most close to. For him to claim that it would be fine for Wenger to get a new three year deal if he wins the Europa League and finishes 5th or 6th is beyond ridiculous. How can the man possibly think that would be acceptable to a great number of the fans? It shows a blind, naive opinion, out of touch with reality and clouded by his blinkered love for a past-it has-been manager. If he is paid for his views, there should be some relevance and value to them,

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:18 pm
elpelsarmy wrote:
He is a pundit!!!
If he's a pundit, he should have some awareness of a situation and should be 'in touch' with the feelings of the fans of the club he is most close to. For him to claim that it would be fine for Wenger to get a new three year deal if he wins the Europa League and finishes 5th or 6th is beyond ridiculous. How can the man possibly think that would be acceptable to a great number of the fans? It shows a blind, naive opinion, out of touch with reality and clouded by his blinkered love for a past-it has-been manager. If he is paid for his views, there should be some relevance and value to them,
His views are not relevant to you because you don't agree with them but there are thousands and thousands of people who agree with his views, what about them?
He should not air his views because you don't agree with them? I don't agree with him either by the way but I respect someone to have their views and be able to earn a living especially when that person genuinely wants Arsenal to do well and served the club well when he did, he also says that the league form this season has not been good enough and cannot be repeated, that the club has been decline for the last few years and the slump needs to stop.

Keown says "But there would also have to be a dramatic improvement from Arsenal in the Premier League next season, because that simply has to happen.
At first, their decline was about fourth place for them, then fifth - now it is sixth. They have been going backwards for far too long."

I cant argue with that, can you? But don't let the truth get in the way of slagging off an ex player doing his job and having an opinion eh? We don't live in Nazi Germany, we are allowed to have different views of things to each other, try discussing things rather than just calling people names etc for not agreeing with you?

augie

Post by augie »

elpelsarmy wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:33 pm
elpelsarmy wrote:
He is a pundit!!!
His views are not relevant to you because you don't agree with them but there are thousands and thousands of people who agree with his views, what about them?
He should not air his views because you don't agree with them? I don't agree with him either by the way but I respect someone to have their views and be able to earn a living especially when that person genuinely wants Arsenal to do well and served the club well when he did, he also says that the league form this season has not been good enough and cannot be repeated, that the club has been decline for the last few years and the slump needs to stop.

Keown says "But there would also have to be a dramatic improvement from Arsenal in the Premier League next season, because that simply has to happen.
At first, their decline was about fourth place for them, then fifth - now it is sixth. They have been going backwards for far too long."

I cant argue with that, can you? But don't let the truth get in the way of slagging off an ex player doing his job and having an opinion eh? We don't live in Nazi Germany, we are allowed to have different views of things to each other, try discussing things rather than just calling people names etc for not agreeing with you?

Are you fcuking serious ?? Without a shadow he no longer has the kind of support you are talking about :roll:

Secondly being a pundit requires some amount of neutrality and this c.unt seems incapable of doing that - he is CONSTANTLY showing that his allegiance is to the french c.unt and not to the club, so how can he stand up claiming to give a balanced and fair assessment ?

Give the c.unt another contract ? Him and keown should be fcuked off to the most isolated shithole known to man, where they can spend the rest of their days chewing the knobs off each other :evil: :evil: :censored: :censored:

Perryashburtongroves

elpelsarmy wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:33 pm
elpelsarmy wrote:
He is a pundit!!!

People can say whatever they want but in this case, I don't think that Keown's views are at all valid. In fact, I would go so far as to say that these type of statements are actually damaging the club and its longer-term health. I really do struggle to any justification for allowing Wenger to stay beyond 1st April, let alone 1st June and pieces like Keown's do nothing other than feed into the 'give Wenger time' myth. We've been down that road too many times over the last decade and it really should be time for Keown to actually realise this. It's not about opinions, it's about him looking ill-informed and trotting out an old, tired line. He's making himself look silly with this constant defending of Wenger.

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

Your kidding yourself if you don't believe there are a lot of people who still support AW, there are many but they just too scared to say it on forums like this because of the anger that is thrown back at them.
Like the many of us I want a change in manager and my main reason is that I just dont believe that Wenger is capable of producing a team to challenge anymore, football has moved on and he has not, but I cannot HATE him like many seem to on here, I want him gone but after being with us so long and having so much success I find it really hard to hate the man, I guess I just respect him but wish he would go as his legacy is now being damaged and has been for a while.

if you had the choice would you rather be successful under Wenger or someone else?
If you could wave a magic wand and make him capable of winning the league again is that the way you would go or do you hate him so much as a man that you cannot stand him to be at the club even if he was winning the trophy`s we all want?