Keown is such a spunkbubble

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
blair207

Re: Keown is such a spunkbubble

Post by blair207 »

I would much rather have success under someone else!
Wenger has so much to answer for. The spin, spin, spin of failure after failure, complicity in turning a once great club into a franchise/tourist attraction, defending outrageous ticket prices while handing a kings ransom to wasters like Walcott. How long have you got? The list is long and every little annoying piece is amplified by his arrogance and refusal to be accountable for any of it along with the total stubbornness which has led to repeating the same mistakes repeatedly.
I hope Arsenal get put out tonight, it probably won’t happen, but every time there is a modest upturn it’s seized upon by the Wenger camp like a Messianic miracle, the only way to stop the cycle seems to be annihilation, that’s what some us have have been forced to wish for unfortunately.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I think this post ( :oops: ) from the Martin5LIVE thread is equally pertinent here:

Yes, Martin knows alright and how do We 'know' that Martin 'knows' !???

It is because he is the pilot of that aircraft known (sic) as Irony - That is often known to fly over some peoples heads.

He has the inside scope on all that is going on and is an Agent Provocateur put in place by Arsene Wenger some 11 seasons ago - his sole task to get into a position of punditry and 'sleep' till awakened by the secret code words "Wenger Out" - thus he is now disseminating and spreading false rumours and fake news for ArseneTrump FC, to confuse us helpless beeeatches and the mongoloid journo's who think they hear a Dinner Bell a-ringing every time wenger opens his mouth.

Be assured we now 'know' of his devilish plans and of the other 'sleeping agents' who when the shyte really hits the fan(s) will come out all quotes and sympathy blazing!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

The next phase of this most evil plan of ArseneTrump FC is the Nerve Gas, I jest not...they have already been releasing a mild formula of said toxinious gas in gradully increasing amounts - AKA: hLEBBYgAS. sO as the Tourists enter The Bowl (aka: The eMirates Stadium) to ensure no one says or does anything that could be mildy construed as anti-ArseneTrump FC - All the while they spend their money like fools with bottomless pockets in the armoury and concessions areas.

So indeed Martin DOES Indeed "Know".

Clash

Post by Clash »

As amusing as the 5 live Martin thread is ... you cant beat the real thing :D

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

elpelsarmy wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:57 pm
Your kidding yourself if you don't believe there are a lot of people who still support AW, there are many but they just too scared to say it on forums like this because of the anger that is thrown back at them.
Like the many of us I want a change in manager and my main reason is that I just dont believe that Wenger is capable of producing a team to challenge anymore, football has moved on and he has not, but I cannot HATE him like many seem to on here, I want him gone but after being with us so long and having so much success I find it really hard to hate the man, I guess I just respect him but wish he would go as his legacy is now being damaged and has been for a while.

if you had the choice would you rather be successful under Wenger or someone else?
If you could wave a magic wand and make him capable of winning the league again is that the way you would go or do you hate him so much as a man that you cannot stand him to be at the club even if he was winning the trophy`s we all want?
I think there are also many that over the years have rationally and quite reasonably tried to argue for why Wenger has to go and have been met with volleys of abuse and the old line about not being a proper supporter. People on here and elsewhere have, over a long period of time given their opinions and been flat-batted back with "Wenger's a genius", "Who else could we get", "Fuck off and support Chelsea then", "We can't compete". Those were the only lines ever trotted out. When people tried to dig a bit deeper and reason with evidence as to why those points aren't true, the physical and verbal abuse at matches or online or wherever was crazy. It seemed for years that there was this shield around Wenger which meant the media and some of his loyalists in the fanbase wouldn't let anyone even attempt to penetrate. For a decade or more, his powers have waned and it's been blindly obvious for most of this decade that we weren't going to win the league or anything int Europe. People buried their heads in the sand and found excuse after excuse after excuse. Strangely though, anyone like Maureen or Fergie or Ancellotti or Mancini or even Brendan fucking Rogers was always shit or lucky or nowhere near as good as Wenger. There was never an excuse for them if they failed to deliver. The sad thing now is just that for so long, the writing has been on the wall and people seem happy to accept shit. Finishing fucking sixth is shit, that's basically relegation places for a team like us. If you consider the top 4 or 5 a league in itself, Wenger has got us relegated from that in the last two years. That should mean fuck off. It would in any other club. It all goes without saying really.
In terms of your other point about would I choose to be successful under Wenger or a new manager, I don't care . I would rather we were successful full stop. Under the current manager we aren't even competing and can't be successful, only succeeding under his watered-down, lowered expectations. I don't believe in all this 'earned the right to go whenever' shit because the club is a club not a personal fiefdom. Standards should mean that nobody decides when. You go when you aren't doing the business any more- same with a player. Too old, too slow, too injured, too shit, you go or retire or find a new career. The perfect time to go was 2014, trophy won, monkey off back and then time for a new approach and a breath of fresh air. He wanted to stay. Then there was last spring, same again. Won a trophy, good send off but no, he chose control and power. For too long, he has allowed the club and the general perception of the club across the footballing world to become about him. That is not right. I don't hate the man, I don't feel anything towards him now but pity. He has become a laughing stock in the game and divided the club. He has to go and he should have known that and been responsible and humble. There are so many better managers out there, so many more imaginative coaches. I'd rather try and fail with a new approach, I'd rather take a risk and see what Low or Allegri does that live like this any more.

augie

Post by augie »

I have to say with all due respect Perry, I find absolutely infuriating when I see/hear Gooners say that all they feel for wenger now is pity - pity for a man earning £10m+ per season, a man under zero pressure from his boss, and a man who has total power within his work place ?? Fcuk that for a game of cowboys :evil: I understand why some fans would choose not to hate him, but in my opinion he is not entitled to any pity and is a man that is demolishing our club from the inside out :evil: :evil: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Perryashburtongroves

augie wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:26 pm
I have to say with all due respect Perry, I find absolutely infuriating when I see/hear Gooners say that all they feel for wenger now is pity - pity for a man earning £10m+ per season, a man under zero pressure from his boss, and a man who has total power within his work place ?? Fcuk that for a game of cowboys :evil: I understand why some fans would choose not to hate him, but in my opinion he is not entitled to any pity and is a man that is demolishing our club from the inside out :evil: :evil: :censored: :censored: :censored:
I know what you mean. I have been through all the emotions with this man and now I'm just drained. I have no feelings towards him now. He's fucking ruined so much that I honestly find that the only way to get through the football season is just to blank him out these days. I like watching the games, just about, I can't get worked up any more, I can't do all the swearing and whatever any more because until he goes, the club is in a coma. I just feel like laughing at the bloke some days, laughing at his sheer fucking stupidity and fall from grace. It's got to the stage where I now just watch with bemusement. I don't feel sorry for him. I feel pity for the pathetic fool. Pity I think is more powerful than anger for a man like him. Pitying an ego-maniac is about as bad as it can get for them. I still think he should be hounded out of the club by a crowd of pitchfork wielding, flaming torch holding lunatics and sent into exile but the hatred has gone. There's just a numbness and emptiness. He's a traitor who has betrayed so many, he doesn't deserve anything.

Perryashburtongroves

Sorry, double post. I've been on this forum for 11 years so why would I be able to quote and reply?

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

elpelsarmy wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:40 am
Just read the article from Keown and apart from the "if we win the Europa and Wenger stays for 2 more years" quote I agree with everything else he says, how could you not?
Doesn't make him a crunt though, its just his opinion, as for now making out he was an average defender for us that is just ridiculous, jesus, what would we do for a few of him now?
He gave 100% in EVERY game he played for us and would run through brick walls for the club that he genuinely loves, what`s wrong with you lot?
he also says:

But I think now he seems to have wrested control back and the team have got some direction again.

and how we have recovered from our lowest point and are back on track, after 2 meanginless results.

the guys a blinkered fool.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:42 pm
Sorry, double post. I've been on this forum for 11 years so why would I be able to quote and reply?
No probs Perry. Your two posts above are probably two of the best most honest and informed posts I've read on here in a long time mate. And more or less capture how I feel too. I don't hate him but I too kind of pity him. But mostly I just want him gone. It's a shame that a man that should have left as a legend in 2008 or even 2010 or as a slightly tarnished legend in 2014 will now leave eventually with most of his legacy ruined. Its a shame really.

Well written Perry 8)

Perryashburtongroves

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:58 pm
Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:42 pm
No probs Perry. Your two posts above are probably two of the best most honest and informed posts I've read on here in a long time mate. And more or less capture how I feel too. I don't hate him but I too kind of pity him. But mostly I just want him gone. It's a shame that a man that should have left as a legend in 2008 or even 2010 or as a slightly tarnished legend in 2014 will now leave eventually with most of his legacy ruined. Its a shame really.

Well written Perry 8)
Thanks, Old Chap. I agree with you that it's a shame. When it does end, hopefully this Spring, it really didn't have to end like this, did it? It shouldn't have got to this stage. Someone really should have pulled the plug years ago. Shame is the word, mate. In so many ways.

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

augie wrote:
in my opinion he is not entitled to any pity and is a man that is demolishing our club from the inside out :evil: :evil: :censored: :censored: :censored:
Was over in Rotterdam drinking with the Feyernord lads the night of their CL game against Citeh. Talked to a few Citeh, one of whom said that Wenger is destroying your club from within! :banghead:

Most rival clubs supporters know the score, that's why they want Wenger to stay, it's only the Wengerite cultists who worship their dear leader, & only want to win cups to keep their messiah running the club. :barscarf:

They used to say one man was not more important than the club, it applied to Shankley, Stein, Busby, even Dalgleish & Ferguson. But that doesn't apply at Arsene Stanley PLC! :cussing:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Almunia is a clown wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:14 am
augie wrote:
in my opinion he is not entitled to any pity and is a man that is demolishing our club from the inside out :evil: :evil: :censored: :censored: :censored:
Was over in Rotterdam drinking with the Feyernord lads the night of their CL game against Citeh. Talked to a few Citeh, one of whom said that Wenger is destroying your club from within! :banghead:

Most rival clubs supporters know the score, that's why they want Wenger to stay, it's only the Wengerite cultists who worship their dear leader, & only want to win cups to keep their messiah running the club. :barscarf:

They used to say one man was not more important than the club, it applied to Shankley, Stein, Busby, even Dalgleish & Ferguson. But that doesn't apply at Arsene Stanley PLC! :cussing:
Fans of any other big clubs or clubs who are realistically aiming to win trophies know the score. I haven’t heard anybody who supports one of the teams above us say “be careful what you wish for” etc.

Different story with fans of shit teams, simply because many of them struggle to understand basic relativity, financial power and expectations.

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:59 pm
elpelsarmy wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:57 pm
Your kidding yourself if you don't believe there are a lot of people who still support AW, there are many but they just too scared to say it on forums like this because of the anger that is thrown back at them.
Like the many of us I want a change in manager and my main reason is that I just dont believe that Wenger is capable of producing a team to challenge anymore, football has moved on and he has not, but I cannot HATE him like many seem to on here, I want him gone but after being with us so long and having so much success I find it really hard to hate the man, I guess I just respect him but wish he would go as his legacy is now being damaged and has been for a while.

if you had the choice would you rather be successful under Wenger or someone else?
If you could wave a magic wand and make him capable of winning the league again is that the way you would go or do you hate him so much as a man that you cannot stand him to be at the club even if he was winning the trophy`s we all want?
I think there are also many that over the years have rationally and quite reasonably tried to argue for why Wenger has to go and have been met with volleys of abuse and the old line about not being a proper supporter. People on here and elsewhere have, over a long period of time given their opinions and been flat-batted back with "Wenger's a genius", "Who else could we get", "Fuck off and support Chelsea then", "We can't compete". Those were the only lines ever trotted out. When people tried to dig a bit deeper and reason with evidence as to why those points aren't true, the physical and verbal abuse at matches or online or wherever was crazy. It seemed for years that there was this shield around Wenger which meant the media and some of his loyalists in the fanbase wouldn't let anyone even attempt to penetrate. For a decade or more, his powers have waned and it's been blindly obvious for most of this decade that we weren't going to win the league or anything int Europe. People buried their heads in the sand and found excuse after excuse after excuse. Strangely though, anyone like Maureen or Fergie or Ancellotti or Mancini or even Brendan fucking Rogers was always shit or lucky or nowhere near as good as Wenger. There was never an excuse for them if they failed to deliver. The sad thing now is just that for so long, the writing has been on the wall and people seem happy to accept shit. Finishing fucking sixth is shit, that's basically relegation places for a team like us. If you consider the top 4 or 5 a league in itself, Wenger has got us relegated from that in the last two years. That should mean fuck off. It would in any other club. It all goes without saying really.
In terms of your other point about would I choose to be successful under Wenger or a new manager, I don't care . I would rather we were successful full stop. Under the current manager we aren't even competing and can't be successful, only succeeding under his watered-down, lowered expectations. I don't believe in all this 'earned the right to go whenever' shit because the club is a club not a personal fiefdom. Standards should mean that nobody decides when. You go when you aren't doing the business any more- same with a player. Too old, too slow, too injured, too shit, you go or retire or find a new career. The perfect time to go was 2014, trophy won, monkey off back and then time for a new approach and a breath of fresh air. He wanted to stay. Then there was last spring, same again. Won a trophy, good send off but no, he chose control and power. For too long, he has allowed the club and the general perception of the club across the footballing world to become about him. That is not right. I don't hate the man, I don't feel anything towards him now but pity. He has become a laughing stock in the game and divided the club. He has to go and he should have known that and been responsible and humble. There are so many better managers out there, so many more imaginative coaches. I'd rather try and fail with a new approach, I'd rather take a risk and see what Low or Allegri does that live like this any more.
Yep, cant really argue with any of that, it is exactly how I feel too apart from if he could be successful again I would prefer it over being successful over someone else, loyalty, stupidity, sentimentality, call it what you want but I cant hate the guy!
sorry

Herd

Post by Herd »

If I were MK I would be as loyal to Wenger as he is . He enjoyed succsess under him and his Boss gauranteed him a League winners medal in his last year by bringing him on as a sub.
In life you are loyal to those who have supported you.
He might talk crap about wenger but to be fair he talks crap about most football topics.
I admire his loyalty !

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Herd wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:47 pm
If I were MK I would be as loyal to Wenger as he is . He enjoyed succsess under him and his Boss gauranteed him a League winners medal in his last year by bringing him on as a sub.
In life you are loyal to those who have supported you.
He might talk crap about wenger but to be fair he talks crap about most football topics.
I admire his loyalty !
Was it Keown who had the flag made praising Wenker’s “loyalty” ?