Save the Gooner - AFTV

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Basil is a Gooner

Save the Gooner - AFTV

Post by Basil is a Gooner »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsvtrxqYAus

Great video from Robbie with our esteemed editor to help save the Gooner - please can you help too! The Gooner is part of the Arsenal's history and is written by the fans for the fans (that's you lot!)

All explained in this article:

http://www.onlinegooner.com/article.php ... ve&id=3760

What we need is for 1000 readers to subscribe in advance for the complete 2018-19 season. If we get enough, we will publish six issues. These will increase in size to 64 pages from the current 48, with more to read. However, the price will go up to £5 per issue, so a season subscription will cost £30. That is less than a lower tier ticket to watch Arsenal play, for example, Watford. So for less than the price of that particular 90 minutes, you get six issues of quality Arsenal reading dropping onto your doormat (post free) approximately every six weeks between August and April next season.

So if you currently buy the fanzine on matchdays outside the stadium, keep doing so this season by all means. However, if you do that and wish us to continue, then you need to subscribe for next season. We will give it until issue 271 goes to press in early April to get enough people committed, and if we fall short, then everyone will be refunded by the end of May. If we survive, we will print a few extra copies to sell on weekend matchdays from a couple of spots to casual buyers (what else would the legendary Alex do?). But if you are a regular buyer and choose to rely on others to subscribe, the chances are we will not be around at all.

Here are the ways you can subscribe…

1. Through the shop section of our online store at our www.onlinegooner.com website. UK readers click here, and if you are abroad click here (the cost will be £42 for you). There are other options on the subscriptions page that include receiving the remainder of this season’s issues as well.

2. By post – Send a cheque for £30 (£42 for addresses outside of the UK) for a 2018/19 season subscription made payable to ‘The Gooner’ to this address -
The Gooner
12 Buxton Court
Hanbury Drive
London
E11 1GB

3. Via online bank transfer, making a payment of £30 (or £42 for addresses outside of the UK) to –
Account name: The Gooner
Sort Code: 20-76-90
Account Number: 03004112
Use the reference 1819 followed by your surname. Very important - please follow up the payment with an email to [email protected] stating your name and address, and the reference that you used for payment (e.g. 1819Smith). Otherwise, we will not be able to match the payment to you. (If you require Iban and Bic codes for an international payment, please email us at [email protected].

4. You can also simply make a direct PayPal payment to the email address [email protected] for £30 (or £42 if outside UK). If doing this, please make your payment a 'friends and family' / personal gift payment – this helps keep our costs down. If you have the time to confirm you have paid this way with an email to [email protected], even better, although we will see the payment on the PayPal account with your address details.

augie

Re: Save the Gooner - AFTV

Post by augie »

Is it still possible to buy issues for viewing on my tablet ? I think that it was available a couple of seasons ago

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Thanks Basil.

Given that so many of us on here have enjoyed the free service of the online gooner forum for so many years, it would be very disappointing indeed if a significant number of forum members weren't subscribing to the fanzine.

Reading the gooner fanzine on the train home with my dad was a part of my match day. I've thrown many copies away over the years but I've kept all of the 1997/98 fanzines and still pick one up from time to time. I sometimes wrote in to the gooner and was always pleased to see I'd made it into the letters section.

Come on people, support the gooner! (My auto correct keeps trying to change gooner to goner... let's also prove auto correct wrong! :lol: )

Basil is a Gooner

augie wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:30 pm
Is it still possible to buy issues for viewing on my tablet ? I think that it was available a couple of seasons ago
Hi yes I will find out the info for you

Basil is a Gooner

g88ner wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:56 pm
Thanks Basil.

Given that so many of us on here have enjoyed the free service of the online gooner forum for so many years, it would be very disappointing indeed if a significant number of forum members weren't subscribing to the fanzine.

Reading the gooner fanzine on the train home with my dad was a part of my match day. I've thrown many copies away over the years but I've kept all of the 1997/98 fanzines and still pick one up from time to time. I sometimes wrote in to the gooner and was always pleased to see I'd made it into the letters section.

Come on people, support the gooner! (My auto correct keeps trying to change gooner to goner... let's also prove auto correct wrong! :lol: )
Thanks G8ner :wink: although how could you throw them away?!

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Got the flyer in my copy at the Citeh game, will subscibe

augie

Post by augie »

Basil is a Gooner wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:25 pm
augie wrote:

I have already subscribed for next season so I dont need access for them, but there are a few issues that I see in the store that I would like to read and downloading them would make more sense in those cases I think

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

The gooner fanzine took over from the official program as my source of news and opinions for Arsenal way back in the 90s, god knows how many back issues I have. In saying that I haven’t purchased this season, can’t really put a reason on it apart from social media/the internet has changed the way we digest information .

I am, however, more than happy to take out an online sub so I can read the gooner on my tablet.

Arsenal Fan TV are much criticised on this forum, you have to give them credit here.

Life wouldn’t be the same without the Highbury Spy and his scantily clad lasses!

Basil is a Gooner

augie wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:31 pm
Basil is a Gooner wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:25 pm
augie wrote:

I have already subscribed for next season so I dont need access for them, but there are a few issues that I see in the store that I would like to read and downloading them would make more sense in those cases I think
try this and see if it works:

DIGITAL ISSUES
The Gooner is also available in digital form, through The Gooner App on iPhones and iPads, the Exactly App for Android devices and now Kindle Fire owners can also get their fix by searching the Amazon App Store for The Gooner.

You can also subscribe at www.exacteditions.com and read it through your internet browser as well as receiving a code which will enable you to access issues on all the above devices.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Still reckon that’s reasonable value.

How adept do you think the Gooner would be at a mid-season address change?

Basil is a Gooner

northbank123 wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:47 pm
Still reckon that’s reasonable value.

How adept do you think the Gooner would be at a mid-season address change?
Yes thats fine just drop them an email and they will sort it.

bobbybigb

Post by bobbybigb »

I took out an online subscription recently as i dont visit the stadium as often these days because ,like many others, totally pissed off with what is happening with Wenger etc. Just my own personal , meaningless protest i guess.
Does my online sub help the cause or is it only the printed version subs that matter.

Basil is a Gooner

bobbybigb wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:49 am
I took out an online subscription recently as i dont visit the stadium as often these days because ,like many others, totally pissed off with what is happening with Wenger etc. Just my own personal , meaningless protest i guess.
Does my online sub help the cause or is it only the printed version subs that matter.
Hi I've checked with Kev and unfortunately its only the paper version of the subscription that counts towards the 1000 as the e-edtion is totally seperate. :( Although of course all subscriptions welcome, online or otherwise!

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

I wish them luck, but I suspect they are trying to hold back the tide. Printed newspapers and magazines are disappearing in droves. I occasionally buy the sunday papers when I'm in England, but every other day I read them online, and I'm an not one of these youfs who are surgically attached to their mobiles. They might be better going with the flow and preparing for the inevitable.

gazzatt2

Post by gazzatt2 »

How many have signed up so far ?