Luke Shaw - Worth a punt in the summer?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: Luke Shaw - Worth a punt in the summer?

Post by Redarmy »

Definitely not worth a punt....total fucking wanker

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:31 am
Monreal is no spring chicken and given Maureen seems to be making him (shaw) a scapegoat at Manure, anyone think he could do a job at Arsenal?
Yeah worth a punt IMO

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

How much do Punts cost?? All those punting down the Cam in Oxford or Cambridge might know. As for Shaw I think he has great potential - Just been on the end of a shyte manager and so I cannot see him wanting to jump from the fire into the fire. :?

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

flash gunner wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:02 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:31 am
Monreal is no spring chicken and given Maureen seems to be making him (shaw) a scapegoat at Manure, anyone think he could do a job at Arsenal?
Yeah worth a punt IMO
Part exchange for Wenger

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

He is a glamour - has a sterling reputation despite not earning it. As far as wingbacks go, solid and consistent performers are better than big names.

Monreal has actually done very well over the last few years. Easily our best left back since Cashley.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

And Monreal was originally bought and a left flank mid-fielder - a position I think he would excel in - He has a knack of being able to come in at the far post and he can actually @Cross' a ball - Yeaah I know...unlike bellerin, iwobi, walnutt, sagna and countless others

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Well never play a player in his natural position if you can see an alternative. Afterall Wenger knows best.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

After the sterling job that Wenger has done on the Bundesliga left back of the year, why wouldn’t we sign this tubby overpaid overpriced prick with an attitude problem?