Europa League final tickets

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Chips and Chocolate

Europa League final tickets

Post by Chips and Chocolate »

Did anyone apply in the ballot?

Just got an email this morning saying I was successful and got three tickets. I went to Warsaw a couple of years back but no way I'm going if we get knocked out before then.
Any official-ish way to resell them if that's the case?

Ta!

Herd

Re: Europa League final tickets

Post by Herd »

Il buy them

Chips and Chocolate

Post by Chips and Chocolate »

Herd wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:30 am
Il buy them
That's that sorted then!

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Without meaning to rain on anyone’s parade tickets for games in Europe generally have the owners name on them these day and ID is required to gain access to the stadium. Arsenal also operate a similar process for their away games.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:38 pm
Without meaning to rain on anyone’s parade tickets for games in Europe generally have the owners name on them these day and ID is required to gain access to the stadium. Arsenal also operate a similar process for their away games.
I wondered about that when people have offered me tickets before for European away games. In your experience do they always check the name on the ticket versus the ID? Do you know anyone who has been refused on that basis? Just wondering as I'm sure I'll be able to get my hands on semi final (if we get there) away leg tickets and probably the final......just not in my name !

wibble

Post by wibble »

Only been to a couple of aways (having bought tickets myself so name on ticket and ID obviously matched)
Definitely wasn't checked in Rome, can't remember for Milan. They were both a few years ago so security may have tightened up a bit more re this now?

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:07 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
I wondered about that when people have offered me tickets before for European away games. In your experience do they always check the name on the ticket versus the ID? Do you know anyone who has been refused on that basis? Just wondering as I'm sure I'll be able to get my hands on semi final (if we get there) away leg tickets and probably the final......just not in my name !
In Cologne they checked everyone's ticket and if the passport didn't match then they took you off into a separate area outside ground. Eventually all the mismatched people got let in 5 minutes after kickoff.
There's always the white-out and biro method anyways

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Ziegler1988 wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:16 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
In Cologne they checked everyone's ticket and if the passport didn't match then they took you off into a separate area outside ground. Eventually all the mismatched people got let in 5 minutes after kickoff.
What they do in one country isn’t necessarily the same in another. The OP will have tickets in a neutral area, that in itself is a risk if unknowns get seats in what essentially will be a mix of fans. It’s really down to how the French enforce the rules. I should imagine after Marseille last year they will be on edge at the sight of any English fans.

GTG

Post by GTG »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:57 am
Ziegler1988 wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:16 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
What they do in one country isn’t necessarily the same in another. The OP will have tickets in a neutral area, that in itself is a risk if unknowns get seats in what essentially will be a mix of fans. It’s really down to how the French enforce the rules. I should imagine after Marseille last year they will be on edge at the sight of any English fans.
Given my experience of the Euro's following Wales I wouldn't bank on that mate. For a country that was on the highest level terror alert at the time of the tournament you'd never have known. The organisation was piss poor at pretty much every game.

Cologne was the only euro away i've done where ID was checked but as said above im led to believe even those that didn't match still got in. Pals of mine that did Milan the time before when we played them said that ID was checked but other than that i've not heard anything else.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Apologies if this has been covered earlier, but what were the incidents that led to the ticket policy? Cheers.

:barscarf:

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

arseofacrow wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:15 pm
Apologies if this has been covered earlier, but what were the incidents that led to the ticket policy? Cheers.

:barscarf:
Some young kids abused Maria at PSG a couple years ago

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Getting ahead of ourselves here, Athletico two legged semi will put paid to your fantasy of a final.... :mrgreen:

beck

Post by beck »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:28 am
Getting ahead of ourselves here, Athletico two legged semi will put paid to your fantasy of a final.... :mrgreen:
Yes
As fans of arsenal why would we even dream of achieving what Qarabag did
When there is a bit of everything's shit on offer?

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Yes, after all, we thumped one of the shittest PL sides today in Southampton, they hardly touched the ball.........errrrrr........ :oops:

beck

Post by beck »

TeeCee wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:16 pm
Yes, after all, we thumped one of the shittest PL sides today in Southampton, they hardly touched the ball.........errrrrr........ :oops:
Yes
Just like Sevilla thumped relegated raya vallecano 3-2 and drew 2-2 with them away in 15/16
The season they won the Europa league