Stoke on Sunday - Anyone interested ?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
arrgee

Re: Stoke on Sunday - Anyone interested ?

Post by arrgee »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:18 pm
3-0 3 points :barscarf:
fuck off Stoke - enjoy the Championship, it will suit you :evil:
That's three guaranteed home points a season gone. Along with the near zero return in Stoke.

Midz

Post by Midz »

hahaha @ stoke. dirty thugs fuck off to the championship and then down to the next division.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Nice one to Aubameyang for letting Lacazette take the penalty :barscarf:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Really poor and apathetic first half, looked better with the changes in second half but until he goes this is the 'New' Arsenal, flat track bullying the final games of the season year after year when the league has long since gone.

Not only does a new manager need to change things up but he really needs to get rid of the remaining long time Wenger acolytes still left in that team and put a rocket up some others.

I'll ne honest i'm still not sure who were i the manager i'd keep and who i'd immediately get rid of :rubchin:

augie

Post by augie »

In a game of many half hearted/shit performances, I have to say that I thought that ozil stank the place out :roll:

I also thought that elneny (who I am not a fan of) was our best player, and that should tell you everything about how shit the rest were :oops:

augie

Post by augie »

It is a shocking indictment of the quality of the premier league, that in a division of 20 teams, 12 of them have a MINUS goal difference :shock: :shock:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

augie wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:45 pm
It is a shocking indictment of the quality of the premier league, that in a division of 20 teams, 12 of them have a MINUS goal difference :shock: :shock:
Think that’s simply a reflection of the reality that the difference between the top sides and the rest is getting bigger every year.

In ‘98 we won the league with 78 points and 65 points got Liverpool third. Last season Chelsea won it with 93 points and Everton in 7th got 61 points. Will be broadly similar this year.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Wenger is gone in the summer, look at how many empty seats there were again today, I know I'll get the usual "but they are paid for", still though it is bad PR and sponsors wont look favourably at it, also if the seats are empty there is no one to buy over-priced tat in the Armoury or buy £10 burgers and £6 largers.

Sums things up really though, it is not the consistent on the field failure that will be Wenger's death knell, as you would expect from KSE inc. it is all to do with the money.

I wont be going straight back just because they get shot of TOF.. I want to see ambition and I don't trust them one bit.

:censored:

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

I would rank this as one of our best results this season if it helps Stoke get relegated :barscarf:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Poor game,3 goals from set pieces not from open play.
Might get a ticket for Southampton game. Stoke had a bit about them, and we ran out 3-0. Southampton are shocking so hopefully we can give them a proper spanking.
Nice touch for lacazette to take the second penalty, need more of that in Europa league.
Jack ain't playing for a new contract on today's evidence.
£107m on two players to beat Stoke, the price of success.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Crap first 75 mins. Lacazette had a bit of zip when he came on that was not there before he was injured. May be that's why we paid big money for him. Agree Jack won't get a new contract with performances like today. Scum result at least fucks Chel$ki top 4. :barscarf: :barscarf:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Lacazette joined us and went off like a rocket , then went off the boil ,slowed down and eventually had to have an injury sorted . The question in my mind is ,:- How long was he carrying it ?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:59 pm
Wenger is gone in the summer, look at how many empty seats there were again today, I know I'll get the usual "but they are paid for", still though it is bad PR and sponsors wont look favourably at it, also if the seats are empty there is no one to buy over-priced tat in the Armoury or buy £10 burgers and £6 largers.

Sums things up really though, it is not the consistent on the field failure that will be Wenger's death knell, as you would expect from KSE inc. it is all to do with the money.

I wont be going straight back just because they get shot of TOF.. I want to see ambition and I don't trust them one bit.

:censored:
Wenger has already spun this..he said it was because of the Easter Holidays and the fans had travel difficulties and Family commitments.

The man is a genius! a Cuntt yes but a genius. :cry:

Apparently the stokescum were singing the Aaron ramsey song again...they really are SCUM. :banghead: :banghead: :box:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

30000 empty seats and a 4 page match thread - welcome to Stan and Arsene's new Arsenal. Things won't be changing any time soon. Just hope and pray the sad deluded old c.unt is stupid enough to stay next year and beyond and waste millions on more shit. He can't coach or motivate modern players, and his dinosaur ways are now being brutally exposed by Pep, Klopp and Podgy......to the extent that £100m, £200m, £300m won't sort it out. He could buy 2 of the world's best centre halves and Suarez up front and we still wouldn't challenge under his methods.

Long may it continue until Kroenke is so fucked off losing money hand over first that he fucks off too

Pommelking

Post by Pommelking »

I'm a silver and still go. I enjoy match day, usually with my son a fry up and a couple of beers. Seen some total dross and the first half yesterday was drab, uninspiring sideways and backwards . It got better, particularly after the subs.
The Orcs were as ignorant as usual, the Ramsey song is shameful. Glad they should go down although as someone said that means a home banker goes with them.
The crowd looked about 50k to me and will probably be a bit higher for Southampton but won't be full.
Can't see AW resigning under any (conceivable) circumstance nor will Wiggy sack him. Unless there is a big backlash of non renewing ST's and really I can't see that happening.
Watched the '89 DVD this weekend and should be compulsory viewing for any gooner. Particularly the clown sitting next to me yesterday who said he couldn't understand why the Rocky chant was happening as he doesn't play :banghead: