Butland for Next Season ?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: Butland for Next Season ?

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:54 am
Butlins for next season? :rubchin:

Prefer the wilds of Mexico myself. :D
Maya quote you on that ?

g60gooner

Post by g60gooner »

augie wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:43 pm
g60gooner wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:11 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:48 pm
i'm always a bit unsure about getting a goalkeeper from a relegated team. A great keeper, which is the type of goalie we need, would do better than conceded as many goals as stoke have. Forster has been injured and missed the last 12 games, notably, Southampton have sunk in his absence, as well as van Dijk moving.
I'd be looking at a keeper like Kasper Schmeichel or Pope at Burnley who has only got his opportunity because of Heaton's injury. But, it doesn't matter which keeper we get as long as we have as long as we have the goalkeeping coaching staff we currently have at the club.
I like Pope. I'm surprised he is below Butland and Pickford, who are playing for shit teams. He has quietly gone about his business and the stats show he is far and away the best English keeper.
He does have a good coach and well drilled defenders in front of him though, so playing behind our clueless shower of cuunts would expose him a bit more than he has been this year.

History has taught us that keepers in shit teams will always have more to do and will look better as a result - however when these keepers go to a big club (foster to manure for example), they have much less to do but are found wanting when needed. Concentration is obviously a big thing for keepers, and some keepers are simply unable to keep their concentration at the required level if they have nothing to do for long periods of the game.

This time last year all of the league were raving about tom heaton and now that he is out injured it is his back up that is getting all the plaudits - personally I want us to sign a proven quality keeper playing for a mid-level club (as opposed to a small club like burnley), cos I feel that a keeper playing for a side like everton or leicester or ajax, will be used to playing at a club that has expectations and puts demands on their players to reach high standards.
I agree Augie, keepers can look really decent in a team that is facing loads of shots, as they are constantly alert to the threat, but in a better squad they look shakey as they have fuck all to do for 89 minutes and then they need to be ready and focused for that one threat. It's what separates the good keepers from the great ones. Often a keeper in particular can look the part, and then be exposed as just another average Joe in a bigger team, but there is something about him i like. Don't know what it is, but he just looks a competent, well grounded lad that could do a job for a decent manager and team......

...yeah, perhaps he's better off under Dyche then.

g60gooner

Post by g60gooner »

StuartL wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:46 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

Maya quote you on that ?
Aztecing the piss mate.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

g60gooner wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:22 pm
StuartL wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

Maya quote you on that ?
Aztecing the piss mate.
:lol:

Herd

Post by Herd »

There must be a cheap scarecrow or two out there , or maybe a new Vince Batram !

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

g60gooner wrote:
StuartL wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

Maya quote you on that ?
Aztecing the piss mate.
Juan hell of a reply

g60gooner

Post by g60gooner »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:17 pm
g60gooner wrote:
StuartL wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

Maya quote you on that ?
Aztecing the piss mate.
Juan hell of a reply
Inuit, inuit, I just knew i could count on one of you guys coming back with a quality comeback :lol:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I still think Joe Hart is good enough to be our keeper next season as Cech and ospina will go. And I'd still put Hart ahead of Butland. He's been poor at West ham but look at the players in front of him, they're worse than ours.

augie

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:28 am
I still think Joe Hart is good enough to be our keeper next season as Cech and ospina will go. And I'd still put Hart ahead of Butland. He's been poor at West ham but look at the players in front of him, they're worse than ours.

Thats highly fcuking debatable :oops: :oops: