CSKA Moscow (A) | Europa League QF L2 | Thu 12 Apr 20:05

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Re: CSKA Moscow (A) | Europa League QF L2 | Thu 12 Apr 20:05

Post by Leyton Gooner »

On another note what the fuck is the taking their shirts off thing all about? Why do they possibly think that will give their players a lift? Unless said players are, you know, that way inclined.

Steve_I

Post by Steve_I »

augie wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:14 pm
TeeCee wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:07 pm
Athletico
Marseille
Salzburg
Arsene F.C.

Marseille in the semis should See us go out!

Ath Madrid are the only team to fear on that list, and the way wenker's luck is holding it wouldnt surprise me one jot if we beat them in the semi or the final :roll: :cry: :cry:
So if they are to be feared and we beat them, it comes down to luck. If we lose then "it's because... Wenger" ?

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:
TeeCee wrote:
Athletico
Marseille
Salzburg
Arsene F.C.

Ath Madrid are the only team to fear on that list, and the way wenker's luck is holding it wouldnt surprise me one jot if we beat them in the semi or the final :roll: :cry: :cry:
The only team we should be fearing is ourselves. We are more than capable of beating any of the 3 remaining teams but we are our own worse enemy.
Ozil doesn't head the ball, we know this he will always duck out of it in a challenge. In this case he should stay away from defending corners and stay up front in the centre circle.

Too add that Golovin looks like he'll be a top quality player and we should look to sign him.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:32 pm
augie wrote:
TeeCee wrote:
Athletico
Marseille
Salzburg
Arsene F.C.

The only team we should be fearing is ourselves. We are more than capable of beating any of the 3 remaining teams but we are our own worse enemy.
Ozil doesn't head the ball, we know this he will always duck out of it in a challenge. In this case he should stay away from defending corners and stay up front in the centre circle.

Too add that Golovin looks like he'll be a top quality player and we should look to sign him.

Also, Monreal was a liability at the back, at fault for both their goals.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Lucky Arsenal tonight. Jack, Ozil & Lacozette were fucking useless. We were so slow getting forward it was a joke. Better late on in the game after the subs were made. Their young attacking midfielder would look good in our side, that said Wenger would ruin him in a season.
I think The 'Toon' will do us at the weekend. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Ray C wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:01 am
Lucky Arsenal tonight. Jack, Ozil & Lacozette were fucking useless. We were so slow getting forward it was a joke. Better late on in the game after the subs were made. Their young attacking midfielder would look good in our side, that said Wenger would ruin him in a season.
I think The 'Toon' will do us at the weekend. :barscarf: :barscarf:
Exactly lucky....2-0 down and chances a better team would have put us out

Overall poor performance from an average side..

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:14 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:46 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:43 am
Weirdly I have really struggled to give even one half hearted drunken semi-lob-on type fuck about this competition all season but now I really want us to win it. :shock:

Also sincerely hope our travelling support stay safe. 8) hopefully the impending world cup will mean the authorities go the extra mile to ensure their safety for publicity reasons if nothing else.
I think the Russians are basically quite friendly so I don't expect any trouble tonight - I would be more concerned going to Rome for a semi final to be honest.

Also I have much preferred being in this cup to the Champions League. Whether we win it or not, we are actually competing in it which makes a change to the routine last 16 beatings we have taken in recent years. The competition just needs its profile raised a bit thats all.

Get rid of the 8 that drop into it from the CL and get rid of the last 32 round and you have a genuinely good competition as an alternative to the CL.
Agree with above, they will be ok over there.....locals are friendly and despite the propaganda really like the English

Quote from Robbie AFTV... I'm enjoying Moscow, I really am. It's my first time here. Obviously coming over here as an English fan you hear a lot of things, people discourage you from coming. But I really wanted to come over here and find out what it's like for myself and I'm so glad I did that. So far I've really enjoyed it, I've found people very friendly, yeah I've had a good time. It's a very big, historic city, very modern as well. So yeah, I've been pleased with what I've seen so far.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Fuck me I don't know what a couple of you were watching.... :lol: Ozil the worst player?

:coffeespit:

Don't get me wrong he was proper fucking shit and looked bored and like he couldn't give a shit, but his level of shitness last night didn't come within 500 miles of the utter vaginal dross performances of Welbeck, Lacazette, Monreal (or "Manuel" as he was known in Fawlty Towers), Cech, Bellerin, Comedy Iwobi, Mustafi, Wilshere and Elneny. Slightly less shit were Kos, Ozil and Ramsey.... but only slightly tbh. Kos because he made less fuck ups than Mustafi and the other two because they at least tried a few passes to open things up and/or put a couple of players through on goal.... but ultimately they were shit too. :roll:

Having said all that Elneny bizarrely gets the MOTM for two superb passes for the goals... especially the inch perfect defence splitter first one. Apart from that he stunk like a drag queen's balls after a 48 hour disco and E marathon.

We were awful. Terrible individual performances and shocking as a team. We have no chance of beating Athletico. Not a fucking hope.

Without The Boomerang and Micky Tarragon for Ozil to link up with we may as well not play Ozil. Leave him at home. Similar to when we had Sanchez the actual top players look for each other and can think and play at a higher level. Without those two Ozil just gives up after the first couple of things he tries gets fucked up by Welbeck or Wilshere or Lacazette.

And a couple of you spazzers can whine all you want about "he should be a leader on that salary and he should run around like Robbie Savage" :wink: but the simple fact is he isn't and never will be that kind of player. He creates chances. That is all he does. And he does it at an extremely high level. But as I've always said you either surround him with a top DM and the best strikers that can score from his assists or sell him because in this current system and team we are pissing away his salary. And who does that come down to? Wenger. Who the fuck else.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Fuck it I'm diving back in for an extra special mention of the utter fucking gash-featured bell-end that is Comedy Iwobi. :roll: :censored:

How in the sweet taste of perfumed vadge is this useless talentless piece of shit a regular at a club with the stature of The Arsenal?

We've had players of the calibre of James, Drake, Graham, George, Armstrong, Brady, Rocky, Adams, Bergkamp, Wrighty, Vieira, Henry, Pires just to name a few, and then we have this fucking wannabe gangsta partyboi mong that runs like a shitter version of the shit Sterling, can't pass, can't shoot, can't tackle, can't do fucking ANYTHING..... how the fuck did this happen? :shock: How is it still happening? :shock: Fucking Arsene Wenger is how. :censored: :roll:

I don't give two shits what anyone says - he is the worst player to ever pull on our jersey. Ever. :censored:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Steve_I wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:21 pm
augie wrote:
TeeCee wrote:
Athletico
Marseille
Salzburg
Arsene F.C.

So if they are to be feared and we beat them, it comes down to luck. If we lose then "it's because... Wenger" ?
Steve I is back, Steve I is back, long time no hear, opportune time for you to rejoin us.
What do you make of the league campaign ? Our “tactics” ? our “defense” ? Our Defensive midfield ?

augie

Post by augie »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:44 am
Steve_I wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:21 pm
augie wrote:
TeeCee wrote:
Athletico
Marseille
Salzburg
Arsene F.C.

Steve I is back, Steve I is back, long time no hear, opportune time for you to rejoin us.
What do you make of the league campaign ? Our “tactics” ? our “defense” ? Our Defensive midfield ?

Dont waste your time responding to him stuart -he is either a wind up merchant or a brainless clown, and either way he isnt worth wasting time acknowledging

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I just can't stand that helmet headed chav turd in goal :banghead:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

We got Atletico in the semis.......LUBE UP!!!!!!!!!!

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

worst possible draw - home leg first :(

thats going to be a fun week - play Atletico twice and a visit to Mourinho and Old Trafford in between :lol: :lol:

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

that's us f**ked then, no chance over two legs against Madrid, we may have won a one off final on a neutral ground but they'll have to much for us on their own turf, if by some miracle we get by them we'll be the favourites and you know how that usually goes, Galatasery, Birmingham etc etc, the deal with the devil is over, don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out you senile old ba**ard