Southampton H, Sun 8th April, 6th Place Trophy.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Southampton H, Sun 8th April, 6th Place Trophy.

Post by DB10GOONER »

markyp wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:41 pm
augie wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:04 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:32 am
Anyone else pick up on the snide cùnt SlySports commentator giving it loads about the half empty stadium?

Basically this no mark cùnt made out that we are fickle spoiled pricks because, and I quote, "most other clubs' fans would love to have won 3 trophies in 4 seasons".

Of course he failed to mention that we were dragged from our beautiful home into a soulless Lego stadium on a promise of competing with Europe's elite. A promise that was and is a lie. Of course he failed to mention that we haven't genuinely challenged for a PL title for over a decade and yet our manager and players are some of the highest paid in the game and our ticket prices are also some of the highest in the game. Fucking prize prick Sky cùnt. :censored:

I noticed it and was swearing bucket loads at the tv - he is a no mark c.unt :evil: :evil: :censored: :censored:
What was also noticeable to me at the time was that his co-commentator (davie provan) did not say anything to back him up - normally you will hear the co-commentator come in to back up the main guy (do they ever disagree ? :roll: ), and for me this was one of those "its not what was said but what wasnt said" situations
I was fkin fuming when he said that.yeah im sure there are 80 odd clubs whod love to be where we are but for all those 80 league clubs there are about 80 non league clubs who'd love to be where they are,talking about us in the same breath as the rest of the football league is like comparing cavier to chips,some sunderland supporter picked up on this on insta and said try bring a sunderland supporter,well mate I could give you hundreds of clubs who would give their right arm to be In sunderlands position so stop your whining!
True. For me it is also about justifiable expectations. If you pay the highest ticket prices and pay your manager and players some of the highest wages in world football then are you justified in having high expectations? For me the answer is yes. That's not being entitled. That's us having the right to expect our over paid manager and players to challenge at the very top of the game. If they cannot then fine get rid or reduce ticket prices and salaries to a level more commensurate with acceptable expectations.

It is simply not acceptable to be dragged from our beloved home stadium on a lie and then have shit delivered for over a decade whilst being charged through the fucking snot for it.

Of course these cunty commentators don't pay into games and thus they should shut the fuck up about things they have no right to comment on.

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:33 pm
markyp wrote:
augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Anyone else pick up on the snide cùnt SlySports commentator giving it loads about the half empty stadium?

Basically this no mark cùnt made out that we are fickle spoiled pricks because, and I quote, "most other clubs' fans would love to have won 3 trophies in 4 seasons".

Of course he failed to mention that we were dragged from our beautiful home into a soulless Lego stadium on a promise of competing with Europe's elite. A promise that was and is a lie. Of course he failed to mention that we haven't genuinely challenged for a PL title for over a decade and yet our manager and players are some of the highest paid in the game and our ticket prices are also some of the highest in the game. Fucking prize prick Sky cùnt. :censored:

I noticed it and was swearing bucket loads at the tv - he is a no mark c.unt :evil: :evil: :censored: :censored:

What was also noticeable to me at the time was that his co-commentator (davie provan) did not say anything to back him up - normally you will hear the co-commentator come in to back up the main guy (do they ever disagree ? :roll: ), and for me this was one of those "its not what was said but what wasnt said" situations
I was fkin fuming when he said that.yeah im sure there are 80 odd clubs whod love to be where we are but for all those 80 league clubs there are about 80 non league clubs who'd love to be where they are,talking about us in the same breath as the rest of the football league is like comparing cavier to chips,some sunderland supporter picked up on this on insta and said try bring a sunderland supporter,well mate I could give you hundreds of clubs who would give their right arm to be In sunderlands position so stop your whining!
True. For me it is also about justifiable expectations. If you pay the highest ticket prices and pay your manager and players some of the highest wages in world football then are you justified in having high expectations? For me the answer is yes. That's not being entitled. That's us having the right to expect our over paid manager and players to challenge at the very top of the game. If they cannot then fine get rid or reduce ticket prices and salaries to a level more commensurate with acceptable expectations.

It is simply not acceptable to be dragged from our beloved home stadium on a lie and then have shit delivered for over a decade whilst being charged through the fucking snot for it.

Of course these cunty commentators don't pay into games and thus they should shut the fuck up about things they have no right to comment on.
DB, great point. All commentators are absolutely useless idiots.
They should employ Peter Alliss in my opinion for a year that would make matches at least worth listening too!

However, I for one cannot comprehend how the devil AW, receives over £10M a season... He should be paid only on win bonus ratio or only 50K a week max....

The terrible atmosphere at the bowl and terrible standard of football served up was one of the many reasons my father & I gave up at the Emirates after a few seasons. (plus my moving to Cumbria didn't exactly help for home games!!). I find it wholly unacceptable for us to pay some of the dross of players now on our books. How the hell we will ever be able to offload half of them is beyond me..

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Herd wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:31 pm
In less than 3 seasons I've gone from not going to every game to hardly going to any game to ,selling my season tickets for the year, and have more or less stopped watching us altogether even on TV .
I'm stunned that I can have done this without even a tinge of regret but I don't give a fuck anymore ,I watched MOTD but not with any great feeling ,I've deleted score updates on the phone and whilst I might tune in to the return match with Moscow I'm not that bothered if I miss it .

You can be sure if we get to the food capital of France final however i shall be all over it ...............fickle ,Moi ?

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
I think that sums up perfectly how anyone who followed The Arsenal during the 70's and 80's when we were considerable worse than we are today, feels about the team and club under its present regime. I remember being so proud to be a season ticket holder at The Arsenal.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

bergkamp10 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:28 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:33 pm
markyp wrote:
augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

DB, great point. All commentators are absolutely useless idiots.
They should employ Peter Alliss in my opinion for a year that would make matches at least worth listening too!

However, I for one cannot comprehend how the devil AW, receives over £10M a season... He should be paid only on win bonus ratio or only 50K a week max....

The terrible atmosphere at the bowl and terrible standard of football served up was one of the many reasons my father & I gave up at the Emirates after a few seasons. (plus my moving to Cumbria didn't exactly help for home games!!). I find it wholly unacceptable for us to pay some of the dross of players now on our books. How the hell we will ever be able to offload half of them is beyond me..
Blimey you moved further up the M6 than I managed to.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

FA statement: “Mohamed Elneny will be available for Arsenal’s next three games after an Independent Regulatory Commission accepted that he was wrongly dismissed for violent conduct against Southampton on Sunday 8 April 2018.”

markyp

Post by markyp »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:55 pm
FA statement: “Mohamed Elneny will be available for Arsenal’s next three games after an Independent Regulatory Commission accepted that he was wrongly dismissed for violent conduct against Southampton on Sunday 8 April 2018.”
it was obvious that it wasnt violent conduct,we all know Arsenal players don't have an ounce of fight in them

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Damn

Midz

Post by Midz »

northbank123 wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:59 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Damn
double damn!!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
It was never a red so justice has been done.

Unfortunately. :banghead:

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Surely we can appeal this... it’s total bullshit, sticking it to AFC as usual

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

greengooner wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:41 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Surely we can appeal this... it’s total bullshit, sticking it to AFC as usual
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Quality. 8)

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:

Those comments were bound to come somewhere down the line - just surprised it was a Sky commentator rather than John Cross or Paddy Barclay (albeit I'm sure if I could be bothered to read the ramblings of those mad men they'd be saying the same). The positive from all this is that people are talking about it. I've heard ex-Gooners like Wrighty and thicko Merson talking about it too and for my money, as I always thought would be the case, it is getting a far higher profile amongst the media than a few banners and booing ever did. The last 2 attempted protests - and before anyone assumes I'm knocking those that protested, I'm not - were over and forgotten about in a heartbeat. This coverage of the empty seats will go on and on and I'm hoping that those who aren't going are prepared to carry this over into the first games of next season when TO1AW is still here as it will be even more impactful to carry it on then