Merged Spuds & Victims* thread (Put all your scum and Victims* stuff here)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who do you hate more?

Spuds
77%
Victims
23%

Total votes: 91

OneBardGooner

Re: Spuds or Victims*

Post by OneBardGooner »

Clash wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:33 pm
Bradywasking wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:48 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:50 pm
I was a young buck when Everton were the team to beat in the 80s.

Just wondering does any of the older members remember if their support acted in the same manner as their neighbours?
Don't think they did, they played in the ECWC Final, in Rotherham I think, two weeks before Heysel. There were no reports of any significant trouble Many Evertonians just rejoiced in it being their time. Of course they had the opportunity to go to Europe against the biggest clubs taken from them by their neighbours. Didn't attend many games back in mid 80s so never experienced them.first hand
Yes the contrast in the behaviour of fans at those 2 finals just a fortnight apart was the first thing I thought of when I read IW8's question.

However, while Everton fans are far more likeable the 1984 Milk cup final (the first all-Merseyside final at Wembley) both sets of fans seemed united in their self-pity. Booing the national anthem, chanting ''Merseyside, Merseyside'' throughout what was a really dull 0-0 draw ... and generally coming together as though it was all about a city making a stand against the rest of the nation.

This was repeated in the 1986 FA Cup final. The TV coverage that day of fans climbing into the ground without tickets was unbelievable. It was almost treated as a joke. Passionate football loving Scousers being a bit cheeky etc. A year after Heysel too - an event that would have destroyed the reputation of most other fans. Bunking in without paying is stealing ... but at the time the BBC had a sitcom called Bread that revelled in the benefit cheating that was going on up there. Still one of the worst sitcoms I've ever seen by the way.

And we all know what this ''laugh and let them carry on doing what they like'' attitude led to 3 years later at Hillsborough. This was soon followed by the 1989 FA Cup final (the 3rd all merseyside final in 5 seasons). In this ''fitting tribute'' to the 95 dead (later to become 96) we had pitch invasions during the game and at the end from both sets of fans. This was beyond disgraceful and has been disgracefully overlooked. The fences had been taken down because people had died and the whole city was supposed to be in mourning ... yet thousands took advantage of the lack of fencing to do exactly what caused fencing to be put up in the first place. Complete disrespect.

Although its probably no longer the case, I like to view Everton as the club with more pedigree than Liverpool (as Falkirk says) and have always had a soft spot for the Everton side of the mid-80s. I would also much prefer to have a few pints with their fans than the other lot too. But I wouldnt say they are as different to their neighbours maybe they like to think they are.
Well said Clash. :high5:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:09 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:01 am
Has Herr Stupid Teeth commented on that Beruit explosion yet? Come on SlyNews what the fuck are we paying you for?! :censored:
This statement just in from Herr Stupid Teeth " For sure I cried ".
:lol: :lol:

I can actually hear the mutt saying those exact words. :censored: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:06 am
Lovely photos on the Arsenal official App of Ray Parlour, Charlie George and Lee Dixon bringing the FA Cup to supporters homes etc..It is a nice touch gone unnoticed by the media..Herr Stupid Teeth would probably have a choreographed version of it with his media lackies from Sly Sport and BiTter Sport lauding the great character's every rehearsed move.
Well played these men. 8)

Herd

Post by Herd »

Everton played in Rotterdam there was some trouble but not in the ground and the Dutch ob are used to trouble with the locals .
Everton was by far the more dangerous place to go mid 70's then as more firms went to them the pair would join up ,'all the scousers stick together was the song' they and they were very cosy for a while,you saw the same faces coming at you when you played either and then it changed.
The post Heysel bans pissed the bitters off and then they celebrated like crazy when we won the league at anfield ,but then when liverpool were let back in only serving 1 not 3 years extra it cost everton a euro place again ....................now they hate each other and fight a lot !

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Reason why there was all that trouble at the Liver Bird building is that Everton's owner has a whole floor of office suites & it overlooks Bramley Dock, where the new Everton stadium is being built.

Although the national Liverpool biased media failed to mention that fact & the related trouble. :banghead:

Meanwhile ENIC, owners of the Middlesex swamp, have charged Harringey Council, £33,000 for hosting a food bank in their car park. What a scummy pair of trampy clubs. :cussing:

Also the Chav Nazi's should get a mention on here, vile scum financed by gangster money & vile supporters.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Almunia is a clown wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:55 pm
Reason why there was all that trouble at the Liver Bird building is that Everton's owner has a whole floor of office suites & it overlooks Bramley Dock, where the new Everton stadium is being built.

Although the national Liverpool biased media failed to mention that fact & the related trouble. :banghead:

Meanwhile ENIC, owners of the Middlesex swamp, have charged Harringey Council, £33,000 for hosting a food bank in their car park. What a scummy pair of trampy clubs. :cussing:

Also the Chav Nazi's should get a mention on here, vile scum financed by gangster money & vile supporters.
Utter vermin. That 33k is apparently what they pay the fat tongued window licker per day to dive. :censored:

Bitter little bald bastard Levy pays himself £7million a year and this year he gave himself a £3million "bonus" for delivering their new shithole. The same shithole that he overpaid £637million for. The word "unsustainable" springs to mind. :lol:

And STILL no trophies! :barscarf: :lol:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Everton fans are just as scum as their victim neighbours!
Been to quite a few games against them at Highbury, Police seemed to be constantly ejecting them from the away section at the Clockend.
Was there on the day one of them ran onto the pitch to assault one of their own players, only to be apprehended by Tony Adams.
The Heysel ban, merely served as an opportunity for them to play the “victim” card, one which they are still milking to this day!
Scousers are scum by nature, not by colour!

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

goonersid wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:28 am
Scousers are scum by nature, not by colour!

There is the best quote of 2020 :lol:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

It’s hard to see where a challenge will come from next season.
Citeh are a mess and the remainder don’t look good enough.
Can only hope the victims fall way short of last seasons form and that we get a “Leicester” type season.
Otherwise it will be back to back titles for these c u n t s,

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Liverpool are no longer European Champions..Bayern Munich have equalled Livetpool's total of six European Cup/ Champions League titles. Sad way to celebrate a Monday, but fuck it I am a bitter :censored: when it comes to Liverpool.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:35 am
Liverpool are no longer European Champions..Bayern Munich have equalled Livetpool's total of six European Cup/ Champions League titles. Sad way to celebrate a Monday, but fuck it I am a bitter :censored: when it comes to Liverpool.
Fior me, when they were knocked out they lost the title of European champions

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
It would have been far worse if the spuds won the CL. Again, I fucking hate Tottenham more than any other side in the world, including the Scousers.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:34 am
Bradywasking wrote:
It would have been far worse if the spuds won the CL. Again, I fucking hate Tottenham more than any other side in the world, including the Scousers.
This ^^ 100%.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Herr Stupid Teeth has had his say on Messi and the sports boycotts in America in support of Black Lives Matter..He endorses Messi coming to the Premier League and also supports the American sports people in their protest...What a boost for them.to have Football Bono on their side.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Bradywasking wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:34 pm
Herr Stupid Teeth has had his say on Messi and the sports boycotts in America in support of Black Lives Matter..He endorses Messi coming to the Premier League and also supports the American sports people in their protest...What a boost for them.to have Football Bono on their side.
:lol: :D