Merged Spuds & Victims* thread (Put all your scum and Victims* stuff here)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who do you hate more?

Spuds
77%
Victims
23%

Total votes: 91

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: Spuds or Victims

Post by StuartL »

Red Snapper wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:46 pm
Yaya Sanogo still has more winners medals than Harry Kane.
:barscarf: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:22 pm
I was sent this wee piece about the scum. I dunno who wrote it so can't give a credit. it's a great read

No league title in 58 seasons
No FA Cup success in 28 seasons
Over 11 years without any sort of trophy
Tottenham’s continual portal of themselves as one of English footballs elite clubs is no more than a fraudulent claim.
They are an average sized club who have not seen any real success for decades. 1 League Cup this century only 2 in 27 years is not the sign of a successful, elite club.
The media continually use the phrase Big 6 to describe Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City and Tottenham. It is supposed to be an all encompassing phrase, grouping the teams as one, raising them above anything else in English football.

But the phrase is odd, because why are Tottenham actually in the Big 6?
They have no recent success whatsoever to boast about. They are the only side in Big 6 to have not won a trophy in the last 11 years. The fact that the media highlight the likes of Arsenal for not winning trophies, but defend Spurs lack of silverware shows that they do not see Arsenal and Tottenham as equals.
When it comes to league titles, Tottenham are 15th in the list of most wins. They are behind the likes of Everton, Aston Villa, Sunderland, Newcastle, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds, Wolves, Huddersfield and Blackburn.
The year before their second and last league title, Burnley won their second title. The year before that, Wolves won their 3rd.
Currently they sit on the same amount of league titles as Preston North End, Derby, Burnley and Portsmouth.
And yet they position themselves as equals to Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool – who have 51 league titles between them; and Manchester City and Chelsea who have won 9 of the last 15.
They have neither of the historic success, or recent success, to call themselves an elite club.
But they have finished top 6 consistently over the last 10 years. Well done. But just because you finish in the top 6, does not put you on par with the other 5 sides.
We have already seen how far they lag behind in terms of silverware, but lets also look at the other barometer of success the media often use. Finishing top 4 and making the Champions League.
Tottenham have qualified for the Champions League just 5 times in their history.
Superb read. 8)

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

The worst final of all time on par with Steau Bucharests Euro Final win..
The only saving grace was that Liverpool won...

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:56 pm
Kingralph wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:43 am
Liverpool have 6 European Cups now.
Only another 90 to go before they’ve got one for each of their own fans they’ve murdered.
Extremely distasteful comment. Its fuck arse comments like this that make the football Gods continually deny us glory in the Europe and give it to them.
He is just telling the truth :twisted:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:17 am
The worst final of all time on par with Steau Bucharests Euro Final win..
The only saving grace was that the scum lost...
Fixed that for ya mate. :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:55 pm
Red Snapper wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:46 pm
Yaya Sanogo still has more winners medals than Harry Kane.
:barscarf: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

And he speaks properly. :D

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

An old one but a good one

phpBB [video]

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The scum cùnt in work was trying it on yesterday. Silky fucker started edging around the whole shit of "tottnumb are now bigger than Arsenal and are the superior club enjoying a period of dominance". :oops:

Had to slap the deluded gashmonkey down by pointing out that during this era of tottnumb "dominance" we have won 3 FA Cups and the scum have won.... well the scum have won absofuckinglutely nothing, De Nada, zero, zilch, zip, sweet fuck all. I also quoted a few choice morsels from that piece above. Discussion over bitch. Crawl back under your rock. :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:00 am
The scum cùnt in work was trying it on yesterday. Silky fucker started edging around the whole shit of "tottnumb are now bigger than Arsenal and are the superior club enjoying a period of dominance". :oops:

Had to slap the deluded gashmonkey down by pointing out that during this era of tottnumb "dominance" we have won 3 FA Cups and the scum have won.... well the scum have won absofuckinglutely nothing, De Nada, zero, zilch, zip, sweet fuck all. I also quoted a few choice morsels from that piece above. Discussion over bitch. Crawl back under your rock. :lol:
:barscarf:

Should have throat punched the cunnt too :wink: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:18 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:00 am

:barscarf:

Should have throat punched the cunnt too :wink: :lol:
:lol:

Have to admit I was tempted mate..... :wink:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Justin Edinburgh died today at just 49..RIP

herbert

Post by herbert »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:36 pm
He done a great job with the O's this season

RIP

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
Very sad, RIP

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Bradywasking wrote:
He was also a Gooner by all accounts
Had a run in with Clive Allen when he was a coach there over something or other I seem to recall.

Shame, he appeared to be doing a good job in coaching / managing at the lower leagues.

49 is no age, condolences to his family.

Herd

Post by Herd »

He was indeed a Gooner through and through as is his family !
I thought that was why everyone was so sympathetic tbh !
He was once attacked in the Spurs car park by their own fans because of it !