Merged Spuds & Victims* thread (Put all your scum and Victims* stuff here)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who do you hate more?

Spuds
77%
Victims
23%

Total votes: 91

Gunner Rob

Re: Spuds or Victims

Post by Gunner Rob »

the playing mantis wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:39 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:06 am

yes but all big clubs need a bit of money to take them to the next level.
Chelsea have had it, Citeh have it now, and we had it back in the 30s when we were known as the Bank of England club, due to our then record breaking spending.

but they are purely artificial, small clubs made big by in organic means. there success is solely attributable to sugar daddies, nothing more.
I would hardly call Manchester City a "small club" when they were taken over by the Arabs

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:58 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:

Chelsea have had it, Citeh have it now, and we had it back in the 30s when we were known as the Bank of England club, due to our then record breaking spending.

but they are purely artificial, small clubs made big by in organic means. there success is solely attributable to sugar daddies, nothing more.
I would hardly call Manchester City a "small club" when they were taken over by the Arabs
i would. historically insignificant, bumbling around mid table, not challenging the top for decades, being in league 1 very recently. dare i say it the scum were a bigger club than them at that time.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:06 am
goonersid wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:03 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:50 am
goonersid wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:08 am
It’s all DB10s fault, he promised!!!
It's not over yet sid. You have to remember the Klopp Effect. Never has the game seen a more high profile bottler. Give him time. They will fuck it. 8)
I don’t think so mate, I reckon they’ll win it bu 10-1/ points, Citeh are spineless.
Have patience and belief grasshopper. :proudtosay:

Those Teeth are not destined to lift the PL trophy. Or any major trophy for that matter. 8)
Ahh DB10 you velly wise man :lol:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Received two WhatsApp messages tonight , both had jokes or videoes in them..Both were sent during the Liverpool v Leicester City game. One from an inlaw and one from a work colleague, both are "fanatical " Liverpool "fans "...Like both of them as friends and they are good drinking buddies etc but I cringe when they talk Liverpool and when they are going to win the league.
Tonight during a massive game for Liverpool they both had time to send jokes on WhatsApp..That sums up them and the majority of Liverpool fans in this Fair City. God help us if they actually win it.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonersid wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:05 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
goonersid wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
goonersid wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:08 am
It’s all DB10s fault, he promised!!!
It's not over yet sid. You have to remember the Klopp Effect. Never has the game seen a more high profile bottler. Give him time. They will fuck it. 8)
I don’t think so mate, I reckon they’ll win it bu 10-1/ points, Citeh are spineless.

Those Teeth are not destined to lift the PL trophy. Or any major trophy for that matter. 8)
:lol:

Keep the faith. Stupid Teeth is the consummate bottler. Indeed fucking Coca Cola have been head hunting him for one of their plants for years. :D :wink:

And he hasn't even had to deal with karma or divine retribution yet..... all those dives by Honest Mo will come back to haunt them. 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:16 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

i would. historically insignificant, bumbling around mid table, not challenging the top for decades, being in league 1 very recently. dare i say it the scum were a bigger club than them at that time.
Absolutely right 100%. They were only ever considered a "biggish" club by some media clowns in the way the Toon were and are - because they have a reasonably big fanbase for a club that historically haven't challenged for the big prizes and have spent donkeys years in and out of the top flight.

Historically the "Big Five" were always Arsenal, victims, Manure, EVERTON :shock: (honestly) and the scum.

Both €iteh and the chav$ have only been considered "big" since they got pimped and bought a few trophies. And most genuine fans would still not consider them truly big clubs because neither have history or pedigree.

Cue the usual JCL cùnts totally missing the point and responding with horseshit like "they are big because they are winning trophies now and blah blah blah". :roll:

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Would it be fair to say that even Leeds United and Aston Villa were considered to be bigger than City before the Arab money came in?

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:58 am
Would it be fair to say that even Leeds United and Aston Villa were considered to be bigger than City before the Arab money came in?
Absolutely mate

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

I might be in the minority here (and hate me if you want) but I see nothing wrong in City. Yes, spent billions of Arab money (if he wants to then why not? Same with Glazers) but any club would love an injection of money. Yes City was dog shite back then but whenever a takeover happens, money is always involved.

Is the problem they went from no history to the best team in England? :/

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:50 am
goonersid wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:05 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
goonersid wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

:lol:

Keep the faith. Stupid Teeth is the consummate bottler. Indeed fucking Coca Cola have been head hunting him for one of their plants for years. :D :wink:

And he hasn't even had to deal with karma or divine retribution yet..... all those dives by Honest Mo will come back to haunt them. 8)
What as, a bottle opener :lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Rian1 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:49 am
I might be in the minority here (and hate me if you want) but I see nothing wrong in City. Yes, spent billions of Arab money (if he wants to then why not? Same with Glazers) but any club would love an injection of money. Yes City was dog shite back then but whenever a takeover happens, money is always involved.

City always had history though.
up until they got the Arab money they had already won the league twice. (the same as Spurs...so yes I suppose they don't have much history really :D )

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:02 am
Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:16 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

Absolutely right 100%. They were only ever considered a "biggish" club by some media clowns in the way the Toon were and are - because they have a reasonably big fanbase for a club that historically haven't challenged for the big prizes and have spent donkeys years in and out of the top flight.

Historically the "Big Five" were always Arsenal, victims, Manure, EVERTON :shock: (honestly) and the scum.

Both €iteh and the chav$ have only been considered "big" since they got pimped and bought a few trophies. And most genuine fans would still not consider them truly big clubs because neither have history or pedigree.

Cue the usual JCL cùnts totally missing the point and responding with horseshit like "they are big because they are winning trophies now and blah blah blah". :roll:
You called :lol:

Bit harsh on Newcastle tbf, off of wiki.

They have won four League Championship titles, six FA Cups and a Charity Shield, as well as the 1969 Inter-Cities Fairs Cup and the 2006 UEFA Intertoto Cup. Newcastle United has the ninth highest total of trophies won by an English club

Whereas city had won 2 top tier league titles and 4 fa cups before the Arabs rocked up on their camels.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:18 am
Rian1 wrote:

City always had history though.
up until they got the Arab money they had already won the league twice. (the same as Spurs...so yes I suppose they don't have much history really :D )
Well, people keep saying 'team with no history' so I was wondering if that's where the problem is: spending billions to win 2 trophies (and counting)

the playing mantis

SydneyGooner wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:58 am
yep.

maybe sheffield wednesday too.

its odd really, you would think, sheffield, leeds, bristol, and in particular brum would have teams consistently near the top.

the playing mantis

Rian1 wrote:

theres no probelm with them, they are what football now is, its just they have bought success, and wouldn't have had any of the success they have had since, had they not been bought. it could have been any club that got bought and ended up where they are now. there will always be more merit imo in football terms in achieving success through ones own handwork/drive etc rather than being shit one day then having superpowers the next simply at the whim of one man, (or corrupt regime in cities case)