Merged Spuds & Victims* thread (Put all your scum and Victims* stuff here)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who do you hate more?

Spuds
77%
Victims
23%

Total votes: 91

Retro Gunner

Re: Spuds or Victims*

Post by Retro Gunner »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:21 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:08 pm
Apparently whilst all those jovial cheeky scouser laahs were celebrating outside their oversized Toilet last night 8 people had their wallets lifted, and one young female was 'assaulted'

Good ole cheeky chappies eh!? Never miss a trick do they.
Indeed. Never miss a chance to rob their “heroes”’ houses either

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-m ... e-53521596

I'm sure we'll be told they were Everton, or Tranmere fans. Actually, probably not scousers at all....probably Chelsea or Juve fans.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:04 am
If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?
If a tree falls in a forest there will be a scouser nearby to see if it is worth stealing.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Bradywasking wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:53 am
rodders999 wrote:
If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?
If a tree falls in a forest there will be a scouser nearby to see if it is worth stealing.

If a tree falls in the forest, it would probably have been Leeds or Chelsea fans or Margaret Thatcher or The Sun newspaper to blame.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:25 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:53 am
rodders999 wrote:

If a tree falls in the forest, it would probably have been Leeds or Chelsea fans or Margaret Thatcher or The Sun newspaper to blame.
In fairness that tree did have a cockney accent. :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:21 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:08 pm
Apparently whilst all those jovial cheeky scouser laahs were celebrating outside their oversized Toilet last night 8 people had their wallets lifted, and one young female was 'assaulted'

Good ole cheeky chappies eh!? Never miss a trick do they.
Indeed. Never miss a chance to rob their “heroes”’ houses either

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-m ... e-53521596
Classy as ever. Possibly the most loved and respected group of fans there is....

- when compared to peadeophiles. :censored:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Got to say when talking about liverpool supporters the references to the 96 dead at Hillsborough are in extremely poor taste, not funny and offensive. The more bitter remarks towards Liverpool supporters are, the more successful they will be, the old karma argument.

I get the context of the references but these were football fans like you and me that went to a football match and due to number of unfortunate circumstances died in the ground. There was fault at a number of hands which contributed to that days events.

I live in merseyside and the blame/ fault culture is part of the psychology and has been since the mid-70's. By all means, reference that but please leave out the disparaging remarks about Hillsborough and 96 dead people. We are Arsenal supporters and we are better than that.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Nos89 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:54 pm
Got to say when talking about liverpool supporters the references to the 96 dead at Hillsborough are in extremely poor taste, not funny and offensive. The more bitter remarks towards Liverpool supporters are, the more successful they will be, the old karma argument.

I get the context of the references but these were football fans like you and me that went to a football match and due to number of unfortunate circumstances died in the ground. There was fault at a number of hands which contributed to that days events.

I live in merseyside and the blame/ fault culture is part of the psychology and has been since the mid-70's. By all means, reference that but please leave out the disparaging remarks about Hillsborough and 96 dead people. We are Arsenal supporters and we are better than that.

I don't think there are many comments about Hillsborough when the bindippers are being discussed on here. If there are any, it is about how a lot of other supporters have had enough of hearing about it and the vendettas that are held by them against everybody else but their own supporters. The whole of British football was incredibly respectful at the time, have been for years and yet it is still rammed down our throats every five minutes. Quite a lot of us have had enough of it and wonder why it is mentioned so much in comparison to tragedies at Bradford and Ibrox. When it comes to making comments on here, most of them centre around their actions in murdering 39 Juventus supporters, getting English clubs banned from Europe and the refusal of their supporters, club and the media in general to still acknowledge it, accept their role and actually even mention it. The blaming everybody nature of their response to Heysel that exists to this day and the pathetic Leeds, Chelsea, Rangers myth that they trotted out to try to deflect blame angered and sickened a lot of other fans. The airbrushing of Heysel from history whilst constantly bringing up Hillsborough is generally unpalatable to a lot of football supporters as does the Liverpool supporters still singing sick songs about the Munich air disaster. In addition to this, there's the whole thuggish, loutish, selfish, self-entitled behaviour from their fans which sickens and infuriates a lot of fans of other clubs who have to endure their behaviour and seeming delight in disrespecting every other club. They are not a popular team, not a popular set of fans and not a particularly nice club in general but nobody on here mocks the dead of Hillsborough or makes jokes about the loss of lives.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Loveable rogues those cheeky Scousers eh :roll: apparently the 9 arrests varied from drug driving to affray,assault and being drunk and disorderly..fuckin arsepieces :oops: it was probably those cockneys again :oops: I despise the *word censored*.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:

You've totally missed the point Nos. The anger is at the scumbag mouser* cùnts that turned up late, mostly drunk and all without tickets and pushed their way towards that end of the stadium then forced their way in on top of their fellow supporters that had turned up earlier with tickets, killing them, and then tried to blame it all on the police and accept no blame themselves.

To compound that hideous shit they still storm gates and turnstiles to this day all the while ramming Hillsborough down everyone's throats. No one is blaming the 96 dead. No one is mocking them. They were innocent people killed by poor planning and also by the loutish behaviour of their fellow fans.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:43 pm
Nos89 wrote:

You've totally missed the point Nos. The anger is at the scumbag mouser* cùnts that turned up late, mostly drunk and all without tickets and pushed their way towards that end of the stadium then forced their way in on top of their fellow supporters that had turned up earlier with tickets, killing them, and then tried to blame it all on the police and accept no blame themselves.

To compound that hideous shit they still storm gates and turnstiles to this day all the while ramming Hillsborough down everyone's throats. No one is blaming the 96 dead. No one is mocking them. They were innocent people killed by poor planning and also by the loutish behaviour of their fellow fans.
I think I've made it clear that I understand the context and the events of that day. You're not understanding my point that some on this forum use the 96 innocent deaths as a stick to beat liverpool supporters with, which is tiresome and disrespectful to those that died. By all means criticise their behaviour but leave the dead out of it, let them rest in peace.
Believe me, I've heard enough from liverpool supporters about who is to blame, and argued with them over hillsborough, along with other things citizens of liverpool are "innocent" of. Does my fucking head in.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The weird irony that "premier league and liverpool* legend" Slippy Me couldn't and didn't win the PL with them and yet one of the most average fooblers to ever steal a living in the game captained them to their first title in 30 years. :lol:

And as much of a cheating diving despicable cùnt as Slippy Me was and is, he is a million times the player that Henderson could ever dream about being. No matter what hysterical horseshit that SlySports postulate. :roll:

It's a strange old world. To quote the late great Michael Jackson "Hey is that child unattended?" :shock:

:wink:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

All this shite about how great they are because they have the PL and CL trophy.

Wait a fucking minute, you didn't win them in the same season so jog on. You are out the CL technically you're not the holders anymore.

Clash

Post by Clash »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:16 am
All this shite about how great they are because they have the PL and CL trophy.

Wait a fucking minute, you didn't win them in the same season so jog on. You are out the CL technically you're not the holders anymore.
Yeah and Im so glad Liverpool* got knocked out the CL and lost a PL game before the lockdown otherwise we'd be hearing a load of bullshit about how they would have been invincible and retained the CL if their season hadnt been interrupted.

Turns out they're nothing special in comparison to other league champions. Best team in England yes but when you consider the how shit Chelsea and Man United have been and that both of those got into the top 4 then best team in England doesnt carry much that weight right now.

Herd

Post by Herd »

I have had this growing feeling that the last few months have all been a dream, and that Liverpool havent won the League but until now I couldn't put my finger on why...........until I realised !

Jimmy Tarbuck hasnt been on the telly talking on and on and on about it and how hes a staunch Liverpool fan despite living in Surrey for 60 years and going to Chelsea with his son .

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:28 am
I have had this growing feeling that the last few months have all been a dream, and that Liverpool havent won the League but until now I couldn't put my finger on why...........until I realised !

Jimmy Tarbuck hasnt been on the telly talking on and on and on about it and how hes a staunch Liverpool fan despite living in Surrey for 60 years and going to Chelsea with his son .
:lol: :lol: