Toon (A) Sunday 15/4 @ 13:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
arrgee

Re: Toon (A) Sunday 15/4 @ 13:30

Post by arrgee »

markyp wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:23 pm
we might miss out on Europe altogether next season,come on burnley you can do this!! and I thought no CL this season was supposed help us in our league campaign :lol: ,maybe no European football next season at all might be a blessing,we can concentrate on Premier league survival which could be wengers greatest ever achievement!
Only if Arsenal finish 8th will they not be in Europe. Unless Southampton win FA Cup.

augie

Post by augie »

augie wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:02 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:50 am
I see SKY are advertising this game as part of “Super Sunday” :lol:

a match between 2 mid table sides with nothing resting on the result ? :rubchin: :D

And one of those mid-table sides will be playing a load of back up players - surely sky will be asking themselves how shit these back-up players are if they cant break into our first 11 :lol: :lol:

The senile french c.unt must surely be fast approaching a dilemma - obviously winning the european leyland daf cup is his priority (so that he can have his 974th attempt at winning champs league :roll: ), but at same time he has to be conscious of burnley in his rear view mirror ? His season has been absolute shit so far, but can you imagine the reaction if he doesnt win the europa league AND burnley finishes ahead of us ? :oops: :oops: Finishing 10 points behind leicester when they won the league was bad enough, but to finish behind burnley would go way beyond that. I know that their run in is slightly easier than ours (chavs at home and us away are only big games), and we have manure and leicester away so the home game against burnley could be the decider if we slip up against the geordies today.

Personally I think that they will turn us over today either 2-1 or 2-0

Ahem 8) :barscarf: :wink:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:56 pm
The worst away record in all 4 divisions...zero points in 2018 :barscarf:
ONE ARSENE WENGER......THERE'S ONLY ONE ARSENE WENGER

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Any banners today or has all been forgiven since we reached the semi final of the Europa Pub League?

markyp

Post by markyp »

arrgee wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:59 pm
markyp wrote:
we might miss out on Europe altogether next season,come on burnley you can do this!! and I thought no CL this season was supposed help us in our league campaign :lol: ,maybe no European football next season at all might be a blessing,we can concentrate on Premier league survival which could be wengers greatest ever achievement!
Only if Arsenal finish 8th will they not be in Europe. Unless Southampton win FA Cup.
oh ffs,i thought it was only 5th and 6th go into europa

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Eboue-Why? wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:29 pm
Jaded? Yep Handbrake? Yep Nothing to play for? Yep Weak rudderless and a joke? Oh yes
strangely, newcastle with also nothing to play for, managed to carve out a win. :rubchin:

some of the excuses i've seen are ludicrous, they just can't accept criticism of the club, surely we SHOULD have something to play for in april, even if it's just fucking pride. of course i forgot pride escaped this club long ago :banghead:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Arsene Wenger:

“It’s been the story of our season, 70% possession, 1-0, lots of chances and then you wonder how you lose the game.

“We didn’t put our chances to bed and made unbelievable mistakes. But these players are quality and we need to forget about today and focus on the next game.

“The game we played in Russia had a weight in the second half. Physically we suffered a little bit.

“We have to be realistic. We came out of it with no points and overall we thought we should have got three points.

“It is a little bit of the story of the season away from home: we went 1-0 up, we don’t put the game to bed and we made mistakes defensively.

“But I felt overall today the fact we played on Thursday night, in the second half we couldn’t raise the tempo and keep it up in the first half.

“That is what happened many times this season, that’s all we can say today.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

markyp wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:23 pm
arrgee wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:59 pm
markyp wrote:
oh ffs,i thought it was only 5th and 6th go into europa
We usually get 3 Europa League spots in England - 5th place, FA Cup Winners and League Cup winners. City's League cup win already gave the 6th place team a spot, and if the FA Cup final is between two teams in the top 5 I presume, it will go down to 7th. However, if Southampton reach the final I think they'll be guaranteed that spot (win or lose) so it could go back to 6th. Chelsea are so fucking unpredictable who knows what will happen next weekend

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

“That is what happened many times this season, that’s all we can say today.

C.unt

That’s all I can say today...,,,
Last edited by TeeCee on Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Eboue-Why? wrote:
Jaded? Yep Handbrake? Yep Nothing to play for? Yep Weak rudderless and a joke? Oh yes
strangely, newcastle with also nothing to play for, managed to carve out a win. :rubchin:

some of the excuses i've seen are ludicrous, they just can't accept criticism of the club, surely we SHOULD have something to play for in april, even if it's just fucking pride. of course i forgot pride escaped this club long ago :banghead:
Go over to Twitter world and you will see the real reason for our failure is the fans, one gentleman said he accepts this ( and I presume other) defeat with grace..So the idea is accept Arsenal are uncompetitive bunch of overpaid weak minded rudderless incompetent footballers without complaining about it and then they will get better..

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:01 pm
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Eboue-Why? wrote:

Go over to Twitter world and you will see the real reason for our failure is the fans, one gentleman said he accepts this ( and I presume other) defeat with grace..So the idea is accept Arsenal are uncompetitive bunch of overpaid weak minded rudderless incompetent footballers without complaining about it and then they will get better..
He's right there is no point complaining, just accept it and move on, of course I also mean move on as in don't bother buying tickets or merchandise etc. if you persist in feeding the corporation and don't complain.. well there is a word for you.. err mug perhaps?.

:twisted:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:28 pm
Arsene Wenger:

“It is a little bit of the story of the season away from home: we went 1-0 up, we don’t put the game to bed and we made mistakes defensively.
There isnt a half decent defender at the club,Mustafi is fucking dogshit,hes up there with Cygan for me for being *****,even Senderos was better than this c*nt,how the fuck he has a World Cup winners medal I dont know,yet that simple c*nt Wenger continues to pick him,and the rest of the wankers,I don't know how Wenger could have assembled such a poor squad,you'd need to be pretty careless to have such a shit shallow depth of talent at a club.

RobG

Post by RobG »

Speaking about their away record, Wenger said: "It's a lot about the head and sometimes there is no rationality in it. It doesn't make sense."

It doesn't make sense to me that in Steve Bould, we have one of the Prems best ever defenders sitting on the bench impersonating a gargoyle for 95% of the time.

Does he do any coaching ? The results would suggest either :- 1/ No - or 2/ He does but the players are too indolent / stupid to listen.

Either way, we are on course for our worst League season since the 80s. :roll: :roll: :oops: :banghead:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Just seen the goals. Honest to god, what does that helmet headed c.unt have to do to get dropped. If he's giving youngsters a go between now and the end of the season then please put Macey in there and relegate that Chav prick to the stiffs. Of course that won't happen and unlike at Chelsea where he had a better goalkeeper than him keeping him on his toes, and where the manager was prepared to drop him, our useless c.unt will probably reward helmet with another 2 year deal and years more of being guaranteed number 1

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:34 pm
if Southampton reach the final I think they'll be guaranteed that spot (win or lose) so it could go back to 6th.
That used to be the case, but now runners up don't get the Europa League spot. Only cup winners. So If Southampton don't win cup, 7th is enough to go into the Europa League.