Toon (A) Sunday 15/4 @ 13:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
arrgee

Re: Toon (A) Sunday 15/4 @ 13:30

Post by arrgee »

duplicate

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

arrgee wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:36 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:34 pm
if Southampton reach the final I think they'll be guaranteed that spot (win or lose) so it could go back to 6th.
That used to be the case, but now runners up don't get the Europa League spot. Only cup winners. So If Southampton don't win cup, 7th is enough to go into the Europa League.
Its almost like UEFA are re-writing the rules around Wenger's demise! First they kindly extended the Chumps League spots down to 4th......now it seems our new normal of 7th will suffice for their Pub Cup.

It will be just our luck that when he gets us relegated in 2021 there'll be the Bottom Half Europa Cup introduced with a wild card spot in the Thursday Night Cup handed out to the winners

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

He blames Thursday night.... after making 6 changes to the team.... and not one media cùnt raises an eyebrow or asks him what the flying fuck he's on about.... football has sucked it's own stomach out through its arsehole. :roll:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Sky just showed the re-run of our 4-4 draw up there from 2011.

Back then the commentators were talking about our vulnerability in the centre of defence as Djourou and Squillachi helped piss away a 4 goal lead. Good to know we've learned so many lessons in those 7 years and now much more resilient

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:47 pm
arrgee wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
if Southampton reach the final I think they'll be guaranteed that spot (win or lose) so it could go back to 6th.
That used to be the case, but now runners up don't get the Europa League spot. Only cup winners. So If Southampton don't win cup, 7th is enough to go into the Europa League.
Its almost like UEFA are re-writing the rules around Wenger's demise! First they kindly extended the Chumps League spots down to 4th......now it seems our new normal of 7th will suffice for their Pub Cup.

It will be just our luck that when he gets us relegated in 2021 there'll be the Bottom Half Europa Cup introduced with a wild card spot in the Thursday Night Cup handed out to the winners
Been like that for ten years. Neither Hull nor Villa were in Europa League when they lost to Arsenal.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footb ... tball.html

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

arrgee wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:00 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
arrgee wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Been like that for ten years. Neither Hull nor Villa were in Europa League when they lost to Arsenal.

Hull got into the europa on the back of their runners up spot.They were knocked out on away goals in the play off rounds if I remember correctly.It was after that season it changed as Villa didn't get into Europe after we best them.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

First game I’ve been to this season and only because it was on my front doorstep. Wish I hadn’t bothered.

Worst atmosphere I’ve known at an away game for god knows how long. People just don’t give a shit, if we had lost that game a year or two ago there would have been scrapping in the away end and a toxic atmosphere. Nobody could give a toss.

17 away games - 3 wins and 10 defeats. How many fans is that now that have sung “Arsene Wenger, we want you to stay” this year?

Can’t be fucked dissecting the match at all. Basically the same shit we’ve seen every away game.

And finally, who the fuck wastes their time and money going to this shit every week? People trek up to Newcastle and he plays a reserve side who (Holding aside) couldn’t even be arsed to come across and face the fans at the end.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Load of bollocks. Should bring back 'No Win No Pay' for players & Guvnors !. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

wilko49er wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:41 pm
Whatever happened to Kolasinac. Another who has been allowed to disappear yet the like of Mustafi are first team . :banghead: :censored:
Mustapha or Rameses probably informed the Le Fraud that he complained about his Leadership!...

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

‘Difficult to swEllow... ’

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Loved this quote from Wenger.....

“It’s been the story of our season, 70% possession, 1-0, lots of chances and then you wonder how you lose the game.

Think he is the only one still wondering, still jokes on us as he is drawing nigh on £9 Million a year

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Can anybody remember all these chances?

I can remember Lacazette fluffing that 3 on 1 by firing in a shit pass to that kid just before half time and otherwise their defenders having a comfortable time with arsenal looking as though we could play another hour without creating a chance.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

northbank123 wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:14 pm
Can anybody remember all these chances?

I can remember Lacazette fluffing that 3 on 1 by firing in a shit pass to that kid just before half time and otherwise their defenders having a comfortable time with arsenal looking as though we could play another hour without creating a chance.
Gormless Fuckwit Chambers missed 2 reasonable chances that a striker probably would have finished.

Yeah I know he ain't a striker but then if he can't finish he should stay back and fucking defend! :censored:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:13 am
Loved this quote from Wenger.....

“It’s been the story of our season, 70% possession, 1-0, lots of chances and then you wonder how you lose the game.

Think he is the only one still wondering, still jokes on us as he is drawing nigh on £9 Million a year
When he opens his mouth and spouts this sort of bollocks it really does make you question his sanity. After all these years he still hasn’t worked out that it’s pointless having 70% possession if all it involves is teams allowing you to pass sideways in front of them with no danger coming from it.
When this is combined with the 30% when you don’t have the ball and you’ve not been coached properly in defending as a unit and you have defenders who can’t sniff out danger then it’s fucking obvious you’re likely to lose games constantly.
Like many fans I’ve wanted him gone for years but have tried not to make it personal. Now I have lost all respect I had for him because of what he did for the club 1997-2006 but his ego, selfishness and wanting to be a control freak have pushed me well past that point and believe me I am sad he’s pushed many other fans to that point too when all he had to do was go after the Hull Final.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:57 pm
arrgee wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:00 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
arrgee wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Hull got into the europa on the back of their runners up spot.They were knocked out on away goals in the play off rounds if I remember correctly.It was after that season it changed as Villa didn't get into Europe after we best them.
yes, I stand corrected...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013%E2%8 ... ier_League

Hull City qualified for the 2014–15 UEFA Europa League third qualifying round as runners-up of the 2013–14 FA Cup since winners Arsenal qualified for 2014–15 UEFA Champions League.