AtHletico MaHdrid in SemHi FinHal

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
robbo10

Re: AtHletico MaHdrid in SemHi FinHal

Post by robbo10 »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:39 am
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:31 am
[quote=xisstential post_id=1087729 time=1525072072 user_id=7338

Wenger has had over 20 years to succeed in Europe. And he has had every year to get more and more acclimatised to it...to get better at it. And he had years where he attempted it with arguably one of the best teams assembled at AFC. Now, he is going away, with arguably one of the worst teams assembled at AFC (certainly the worst defence) against a very good manager, with a well set up side and a good record in the CL league and .......well, need I say more. Big ask!!

The team need to play out of their skins but tbh there are a lot of players in the team who cannot lift their game to the next level because what we have seen this entire season is their level. Does anybody think Mustafi, Iwobi, Xhaka can lift their game.....I don't. Can you imagine the aforementioned three in the CL :shock: :shock: :shock:

Are all 3 going to the World Cup? See how much out of their depth they look there,or maybe their Country managers use them better,or play to their strengths,but like you say I think they are at their level.......which is bang average.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

We can still win this

We could draw and then go to Pens (Does it go to pens after 90 minute sor after extra time???)

We could lose this by the odd goal/ bad ref decision - I don't think we'll get bumholed.....

augie

Post by augie »

robbo10 wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:07 pm
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:

Wenger has had over 20 years to succeed in Europe. And he has had every year to get more and more acclimatised to it...to get better at it. And he had years where he attempted it with arguably one of the best teams assembled at AFC. Now, he is going away, with arguably one of the worst teams assembled at AFC (certainly the worst defence) against a very good manager, with a well set up side and a good record in the CL league and .......well, need I say more. Big ask!!

The team need to play out of their skins but tbh there are a lot of players in the team who cannot lift their game to the next level because what we have seen this entire season is their level. Does anybody think Mustafi, Iwobi, Xhaka can lift their game.....I don't. Can you imagine the aforementioned three in the CL :shock: :shock: :shock:

Are all 3 going to the World Cup? See how much out of their depth they look there,or maybe their Country managers use them better,or play to their strengths,but like you say I think they are at their level.......which is bang average.

I think that is more of a reflection on the lack of options with their respective countries

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

I'm not going to be totally negative here, while we are on the back foot we do have a chance, we have to go at them from the start and we have to get a goal inside 20 mins otherwise any confidence we have will drain away, they will score at least one and if it comes first we'll get destroyed, the key to this whole game is the first goal, Atletico are not on top form and really should have been put away in the first leg, they'll be wary of our attack so I cant see them going gung ho at any stage they don't need to score, although our banter defenders will help them out they have a defensive record that must make them believe that they don't really need to.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

1-2

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

i see a glory night in Madrid and then lording it before getting beat by Marseille

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

robbo10 wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:03 pm
flash gunner wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:27 am
augie wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:29 am
flash gunner wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:11 pm
we will win 3-0

No more "and all will be rosy in the garden" - I miss those days :wink: :lol: :lol:
Retired that saying :lol: :barscarf:
Has it been inducted into the Online Gooner Hall of Fame? :rubchin: :lol:
That would make me so proud

Post by 1989 »

augie wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:00 pm
robbo10 wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:

I think that is more of a reflection on the lack of options with their respective countries
Mustafi will be watching the world cup at home. No way is he getting in when they have Hummels, Boateng, Süle, Ginter, Tah, Rüdiger, etc.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

1989 wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:37 pm
augie wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:00 pm
robbo10 wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:

Mustafi will be watching the world cup at home. No way is he getting in when they have Hummels, Boateng, Süle, Ginter, Tah, Rüdiger, etc.
I figured he would be but I wasn't sure,even for Germany surrounded by 10 decent players he'd look fucking dire

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

xisstential wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:07 am
Wenger has had over 20 years to succeed in Europe.
Just check out the '92 ECW Cup final Monaco vs Werder Bremen, '94 CL semi against Milan on youtube! :barscarf: Same old basic defensive fúck ups, even his best Arsenal teams used to get caught out by failing to be tactically alert, concentrate & being totally organised. :cussing:

26 years for Wonga to succeed in Europe, :barscarf: it took George Graham 2 seasons! :rubchin:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

ECWC 1995 Semi final second leg away to Sampdoria...A miracle win on penalties after a season of managerial upheaval and pathetic league and FA Cup performances.
Only thing was we had Seaman to save three penalties, we could put both of our current keepers on the goal line together and they still wouldn't save a penalty..

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

the snowflakes will pull off an amazing performance and then throw it all away in the final

Clash

Post by Clash »

We all know Wenger has been sacked .... so why is he being allowed to take charge of this tie? He should have been told to pack his back and fuck off the moment the decision was made.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Clash wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 10:40 am
We all know Wenger has been sacked .... so why is he being allowed to take charge of this tie? He should have been told to pack his back and fuck off the moment the decision was made.
That Bellend from Talksport, Adrian Durham, said the only way we could win this was to fire Wenger and get a manager in who could organize us defensively to put up a decent fight. When they finally pulled the trigger on Wenger, all we had left was this tie, so as you say, he should have gone immediately and an interim manager, with the sole purpose of winning this, should have been brought in.

RobG

Post by RobG »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 9:40 am
the snowflakes will pull off an amazing performance and then throw it all away in the final

This - amongst other things - is what worries me.

I see we lost the FA 'Yoof' Cup Final by an aggregate score of 1 - 7 :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: