AtHletico MaHdrid in SemHi FinHal

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
robbo10

Re: AtHletico MaHdrid in SemHi FinHal

Post by robbo10 »

Bellerin you are fucking 2 bob.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 8:58 pm
Serious Football Club 1 Banter Football Investment 0.

I'd like to say things will get better but I doubt it, the day Kroenke took control was the day Arsenal died, our transfer budget has just been cut from £50M to £20M (net), expect a no one manager and more Thursday night failure.

Can't wait for the summer when I can forget about football, oh wait.. f*cking world cup Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

:censored:
Yep. All due respect to Atletico who deserve to win the tie, but we should be nearer to Barcelona and Madrid than them given revenue, revenue, fanbase etc. The fact that they beat us fair and square on the pitch speaks volumes.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 8:58 pm
Serious Football Club 1 Banter Football Investment 0.

I'd like to say things will get better but I doubt it, the day Kroenke took control was the day Arsenal died, our transfer budget has just been cut from £50M to £20M (net), expect a no one manager and more Thursday night failure.

Can't wait for the summer when I can forget about football, oh wait.. f*cking world cup Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

:censored:
Bring on the Russki Hooligans..... :box:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Classic fucking rope a dope. 180 minutes of huffing and puffing, dominating possession and chances and never once looked like winning the tie.

Atletico completely restrict the space down the centre so the way to get at them is down the flanks and get crosses in. In fairness we tried that time and time again but those 2 useless fuckwits Monreal and BellEnd were abysmal tonight.

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

The only positive I can take from that game is that I screamed and shouted the most during a game for about 5 years!

I can feel the passion returning for me! Roll on the 2018/19 Season!

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

crap defence, useless midfield - a performance typical of wongas last 10 years.

only 10 days until that shit stain is gone :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

22 years in charge
22 seasons in Europe
2 finals
0 trophies

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

How many waves did Oblak make tonight?

We had given up long before the end. 1 goal over 180 minutes (80 against 10 men) is shit and you can’t gift away two goals at this level.

This was no heroic defeat, it was a limp and deserved exit in a tie where we were gifted a golden opportunity. They’re a good side but no more than that.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

Danny Welbeck is utter crap. Ozil is stealing his paycheck, I don't care how many piss easy assists he gets against the bottom sides in the PL. He's one of the highest paid players in the world, but makes fuck all difference when the going gets tough against top opposition. Ramsey, Miki, Lacazette, even bloody Wilshere all more likely to create something out of nothing.

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

I GIVE UP

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 9:02 pm
Classic fucking rope a dope. 180 minutes of huffing and puffing, dominating possession and chances and never once looked like winning the tie.

Atletico completely restrict the space down the centre so the way to get at them is down the flanks and get crosses in. In fairness we tried that time and time again but those 2 useless fuckwits Monreal and BellEnd were abysmal tonight.
Rambo was also shocking in the 2nd half. 1st half, he was good. He tried forcing the play. Ozil shit throughout. Bellend was awful. And Monreal has a number of chances to put the ball in and it looked more like he was trying to play it to Bellend.

1 shot on target all game and that was Xhaka. Really sums up the last 3/4 years of Wenger - loads of possession, but no ideas in the final third.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

Can we play in the Intertoto Cup?

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

clockender1 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 9:04 pm
crap defence, useless midfield - a performance typical of wongas last 10 years.

only 10 days until that shit stain is gone :barscarf:
And 14 days till my Silver D/D goes through when Wenkstain is gone.... :barscarf:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

look on the bright side lads - at least now they can appoint the new manager immediately.

p206ab

Post by p206ab »

No desire, Roma fought to the last seconds and they were 3 goals down, our lads gave up on 70th minute... of the first game. :cussing: