AtHletico MaHdrid in SemHi FinHal

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
wilko49er

Re: AtHletico MaHdrid in SemHi FinHal

Post by wilko49er »

Anyone actually feeling upset about last night? I would if i was a Salzburg fan, and feel for our away fans.
But i just feel ..meh!
Lets see how it unfolds now. The future is hopefully bright but it will take time too get there. :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 9:58 am
One moment in particular absolutely infuriated me about Ozil last night. In the second half he got down the left channel and put in a cross (which was over hit - weren't they all - well the ones that didn't hit the first man anyway :roll: ) and he just stood there looking dejected, arms flapping, eyes thrown up to the heavens - he just gave up.

While all this was going on someone on the right (can't remember who) managed to get to ball, regain possession, beat his man and fire in another cross which ended up at Ozil's feet.....and he was immediately flagged for offside because he'd just strolled abjectly back after his hissy fit.

How my television survived that moment is anyone's guess......if I could have caught him by the throat at that moment I'd never have let go :banghead:

He wasnt just offside, he was 10 fcuking yards offside :roll: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

The body language of ozil is what pushes me over the edge tbh - we all know that playing with giroud, wally etc doesnt do a lot for any mans confidence, but the way he continues to roll his eyes and give up is frustrating as fcuking hell when you are watching a team struggling week after week :censored: :censored:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

We had most of the game but only had one shot on target.... Sums us up.

Ozil caned by Keown and rightly so

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Hopefully, brighter days ahead. Atletico Madrid are everything we used to be and were promised we would be in moving to a new stadium. Ironic we go out to a team that has a well drilled defence by the scoreline 1-0.
I'm sure I heard Madrid supporters sing "one nil to Atletico".

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Nos89 wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 am
Hopefully, brighter days ahead. Atletico Madrid are everything we used to be and were promised we would be in moving to a new stadium. Ironic we go out to a team that has a well drilled defence by the scoreline 1-0.
I'm sure I heard Madrid supporters sing "one nil to Atletico".
It was so frustrating to watch thats what it must have been like to Parma fans in 94. No wonder everyone used to hate playing us

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

wilko49er wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 11:26 am
Anyone actually feeling upset about last night? I would if i was a Salzburg fan, and feel for our away fans.
But i just feel ..meh!
Lets see how it unfolds now. The future is hopefully bright but it will take time too get there. :barscarf:
Not upset either realky. A bit disappointed not to t to the finsl and s shot to win a trophy.

Actually wanted us to win, not being a sad bitter bastard that would want to see his club suffer just to spite a manager that is leaving.... :roll:

But yeah mate just a bit meh tbh.... :|

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 10:37 am
NickF wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 9:47 am
1989 wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 9:12 am

Welbeck huffed and puffed, but at least the fella will put a shift in.
That is the story of Welshit career, very average but "he puts a shift in". :roll:
Exactly ^^ 8)

Top strikers are not there to "put a shift in" ffs. :roll: They are there to score goals. Welwide cannot do that. Manure do not sell their better (never mind best) players to rival teams in the PL. The fact they had no problem offloading Welwide and his fucking "shift" to us says everything. :roll:
That was rednose's last play (poker wise) that beeatch slapped wenger (and he didn't even see it) when he was in Paris and he and wenger shared lunch at the famous something or other paris hotel and when wenger asked about wellwide rednose said he would be a 'Wonderful Signing' - For whom, he left out...But it was rednose pretending to help wenger - now that he had left manure and their emnity had ended...

Renose a cunnt till the end - wenger? ... well we all know he lost it 10 years ago .

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

I’m actually angry today. Angry because the non coaching of our defence has again fucked things up royally. If you’re not prepared to invest time and money in a defence then what do you expect?
We are not a team that smells danger and only one man is responsible for that.

oaodan

Post by oaodan »

Feel a bit sorry for the *word censored* now, but dozing for 90 minutes in the evening will fuck up your night's sleep. He should know that.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... -in-madrid

m10_officialWhat a frustrating, sleepless night in Madrid! This was our last chance to win a trophy this season, our last chance to lift another silverware with our boss. 😕 Still two more things to say: Thanks to all Gunners for the away support. And get well soon @koscielny_official6 🙏🏼 #UEL @Arsenal

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Somewhat befitting his last chance to win a European trophy was denied due to the all too obvious shortcomings that have plagued us for the last 10 years, shit keeper, shit defending, goal shy 2nd and 3rd rate strikers.
All said I wanted us to win last night, but tbh I was more upset when I burnt my toast this morning :D

Post by 1989 »

NickF wrote:
1989 wrote:

That is the story of Welshit career, very average but "he puts a shift in". :roll:
As a fan that's all you can as for. I have more of an issue with a twat like Ozil who has all the talent in the world but couldn't be arsed.

NickF

Post by NickF »

1989 wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 8:38 pm
NickF wrote:
1989 wrote:

As a fan that's all you can as for.
Not really for a striker you would expect goals.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Felt strange to be behind the team again for this one (how sad is that?) but it was fucking hard work cheering that lot on. Fucking hell there is some dross in this Arsenal team. Glad to see Chambers getting some praise though. He played well considering he probably wasnt expecting to play.

Have to admire Atletico's defending though. That was a vintage Arsenal defensive display. We didnt exactly test them but their organisation and concentration was superb in both legs.

And how brave of Keown to be so outspoken after the game with his straightalking ''he's not fooling me'' rant about Ozil and then his slating of Bellerin :roll: It may have been right but the trouble is the problems we've had have existed long before those two played in this team. Ozil and Bellerin are easy targets and once again Keown did not say anything about his Master. Even when BT's Jake whathisface asked him if Bellerin not knowing he was at fault for the goal was an indictment on the manager, Keown just said ''no, not really''. :censored:

beck

Post by beck »

Far too much of that shit
Calling on all over 30 year olds to remind people that the game ain't over till that final whistle is sounded and staying in support to the end rather than sitting glumly with your head in your hand is how it used to be and needs to be again
We wasn't out when we needed a goal with 5 minutes to go in the semi final at sampdoria in 95
Swartz got it. We got to extra time and won on penaltys
Never give up

Jesus augie!!
Can you not just hope that we win a game of football tonight because the club we love are in a European semi-final?
Is there any joy in your life?
Just take it it for what it is, enjoy it maybe? {until they score and the tie is over obviously}
There doesn't always have to be a side issue and meaning to everything does there? TOF is going, a new beginning on the horizon hopefully, will it sicken you that much if we win it because it means he gets a bit of glory at the end?
Now the decision has been made I'm all for hoping he goes out in a blaze of glory because that would mean that the club I support have won a European trophy for only the 3rd time in my life, that's a good thing isn't it?
I feel sorry for your Missus!!! :D
[/quote]

beck

Post by beck »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 8:26 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 8:22 pm
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 8:20 pm
The Arsenal Way wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 8:12 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 8:07 pm

We all hope you're right but being realistic we will go out with a whimper because this team doesn't have enough winners, they're just too comfy :roll:
It only takes a second to score a goal. A la Bobby Robson?
Brian Clough.... 8)
A man who could win European trophies
I remember the teams he lined up at Highbury, and their glowing all yellow kit, first of its type, and they matched the kit they wore, absolute legends led by BC and PT....
Me too
Arsenal 3 Nottingham forest 0
Brady a couple from Stapleton
Just before they signed shilton