AtHletico MaHdrid in SemHi FinHal

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: AtHletico MaHdrid in SemHi FinHal

Post by augie »

To be honest I am very surprised, but very happy to see so many fans acknowledge that chambers played well last night - since the swansea away game a few seasons ago, it seems to me that the fans have written him off and he is the easy target to blame - last night he played really well and stood up like a man whilst some of his team-mates shrunk. He was the ONLY defender we had that played well last night (kos only on for 8 minutes), and it is an absolute disgrace that he is the one that has to keep covering for a far more experienced german international :roll:

There is an awful lot of dead wood/shit to be got rid of from that squad, but after iwobi is there anyone worse than mustafi ?? I have been saying for months that the useless c.unt is horrendous in the air from throw ins and goal kicks, and last night he showed all of that in spades :roll: The stupid pile of shite doesnt seem to look at or judge the flight of the ball and seems to prioritise playing the man first, and this then results in the ball hitting him on the top of his head and going backwards, or he misses it altogether :roll: :oops: They got 2 or 3 throw ins down bellerins side in the first half, and the useless b**tard couldnt deal with any of them :evil: :evil: :censored: :censored:

DB10, I have to say that you will only find 1 or 2 that actually said that ramsey did ok last night, and the rest of us said that he was shite so I'm confident that we were all watching the same game :wink: :barscarf:

NickF

Post by NickF »

SPARKSY wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 6:41 am

I put my lower tier ticket on TX at the start of the week. Still not sold which says everything. I think Sunday could well be another low crowd and many empty seats.
I think the club have a battle on to win back the support.
Strange, mine sold in 3 minutes last Sunday.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Ramsey played well? What the absolute fuck were some of you watching
Fazackely !
The commentator was rattling on at how he was out best player when all i saw was him losing possession time and time again causing them to counter attack .
Agreed with the Ozil comment ,he's wasted on the pedestrian fools we have ,Monreal and Bellerin had endless opportunities to cross last night but wasted them all.
Last night cried out for Oliver Giroud,Wellbeck has no box threat whatsoever and skips around like a ballerina ,why the fook we sold him is beyond me !

augie

Post by augie »

Herd wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 8:21 am
Ramsey played well? What the absolute fuck were some of you watching
Fazackely !
The commentator was rattling on at how he was out best player when all i saw was him losing possession time and time again causing them to counter attack .
Agreed with the Ozil comment ,he's wasted on the pedestrian fools we have ,Monreal and Bellerin had endless opportunities to cross last night but wasted them all.
Last night cried out for Oliver Giroud,Wellbeck has no box threat whatsoever and skips around like a ballerina ,why the fook we sold him is beyond me !

The "commentator" to which you refer is robbie savage - for starters he knows the square root of fcuk all, but secondly he was bigging up his fellow welshman so his motives should be clear

Post by 1989 »

I don't think Ramsey was shite. He was alright.

The offenders were Bellerin, Monreal, Ospina, Lacazette, Ozil and Mustafi. All terrible.

Welbeck huffed and puffed, but at least the fella will put a shift in.

Wilshere was great and unlucky to be subbed off by Le Clown.

Chambers and Xhaka the stand out performers.

markyp

Post by markyp »

Why is it that at any other club around the world at any level the manager takes the flack for a poor result yet at Arsenal it's always down to the players? Arsene Wenger it's never your fault!

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Missed first half due to work as it was convenient I went to The Mercantile Pub , home of The Dublin Arsenal Supporters Club, for the second half ..We were so predictable in the final third, we were slow in the thought process..Granted the Atletico defending was good and organised. Someone near me commented on how quick Atletico were to get back into shape when they lost the ball. That comes from that absurd idea of defensive coaching.
Never felt the goal was going to come , there were a few quarter chances but there was no killer instinct in creation or obviously scoring. Thought Chambers played well and I hope he gets the coaching he needs to become a top defender.
Felt disappointed afterwards , haven't had an emotion after an Arsenal game for a few years regardless of the result.
At full time there was as few minutes silence in the pub , then a bloke sitting at the bar stood up and began belting out " There's only one....". He looked around expecting other to join In, nobody did but I get the feeling they normally do.
Realised it was my second time to go to The Supporters Club since the NLD of April 1996. Twice in twenty two years..It was because of working nights for 15 years and getting Sky at home that I stopped going. That and the super fans..!!

augie

Post by augie »

markyp wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 9:21 am
Why is it that at any other club around the world at any level the manager takes the flack for a poor result yet at Arsenal it's always down to the players? Arsene Wenger it's never your fault!

I'm sick of that shite too :evil: Apparently that journeyman steve sidwell said on The Debate last night that the big players let wenker down last night - let wenker down ?? What about letting the fans down ? How many times has that french cock let the club and fans down ? Wenker is trousering £11m a season to be "let down", whilst the fans are spending thousands following a team of gutless prix and an arrogant power hungry senile old b**tard :evil: :evil: :evil: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

augie wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 9:31 am
markyp wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 9:21 am

I'm sick of that shite too :evil: Apparently that journeyman steve sidwell said on The Debate last night that the big players let wenker down last night - let wenker down ?? What about letting the fans down ? How many times has that french cock let the club and fans down ? Wenker is trousering £11m a season to be "let down", whilst the fans are spending thousands following a team of gutless prix and an arrogant power hungry senile old b**tard :evil: :evil: :evil: :censored: :censored: :censored:
Steve Sidwell..another one from the Danny Mills/ Danny Higginbotham school of pundits who have achieved it all on the pitch.

NickF

Post by NickF »

1989 wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 9:12 am

That is the story of Welshit career, very average but "he puts a shift in". :roll:

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

What the fuck does Ozil do to warrant 300,000 a week. Never ever turns up in the big games. Hardly saw Lacazette touch the ball and it went exactly how the script said it would.
Players have got away with poor showings because the boss takes all the stick. All those years and money getting this group together and they hardly have a shot on target again.
It will be very interesting to see if the new boss can get tons more out of this group that cost Arsenal over 230 Million a year in wages alone.
I wonder what A Madrids wage bill is.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

One moment in particular absolutely infuriated me about Ozil last night. In the second half he got down the left channel and put in a cross (which was over hit - weren't they all - well the ones that didn't hit the first man anyway :roll: ) and he just stood there looking dejected, arms flapping, eyes thrown up to the heavens - he just gave up.

While all this was going on someone on the right (can't remember who) managed to get to ball, regain possession, beat his man and fire in another cross which ended up at Ozil's feet.....and he was immediately flagged for offside because he'd just strolled abjectly back after his hissy fit.

How my television survived that moment is anyone's guess......if I could have caught him by the throat at that moment I'd never have let go :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43998804

"The Suffering is Strong"

I mean WTF F F Fing FUCK!?? :cussing: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

We have been suffering under this cunntt for at least EIGHT SEASONS and suddenly he is all - tears and whatever..

H emakes speak a number of different languages to varying degrees BUT He has been "using" his pretended lack of grasp of English for some time... THE CUNNTT.

Just Go NOW![/size] Don't wait till the end of the season.... He is a Hypocrite of the worst kind... Blame everyone else bar take it in the guts and heart like we have had to for far too long.

And whilst he's at it take: Ozil, Bellerin, Mustafi, Cech, Wellbeck, Iwobi and Xhaka AND Bould with you.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :box: :cussing: :banghead:

ps: Ohhh! And the SHUT THE FUCKK UPP KEOWN YOU FLIP FLOPPING SNIDEY LITTLE CUNNTBAG :evil: !.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

NickF wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 9:47 am
1989 wrote:

That is the story of Welshit career, very average but "he puts a shift in". :roll:
Exactly ^^ 8)

Top strikers are not there to "put a shift in" ffs. :roll: They are there to score goals. Welwide cannot do that. Manure do not sell their better (never mind best) players to rival teams in the PL. The fact they had no problem offloading Welwide and his fucking "shift" to us says everything. :roll:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 10:37 am
NickF wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 9:47 am
1989 wrote:

Exactly ^^ 8)

Top strikers are not there to "put a shift in" ffs. :roll: They are there to score goals. Welwide cannot do that. Manure do not sell their better (never mind best) players to rival teams in the PL. The fact they had no problem offloading Welwide and his fucking "shift" to us says everything. :roll:
Top strikers don't think, they score. It's in their DNA and instinct. Chance ,hit ,goal..Henry and Wright had it, Welbeck hasn't. He scores goals at times but he isn't top class..Not his fault in fairness but he isn't going to win you the top prizes.