Your choice as manager/Arteta Merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who Do YOU Want As Next Arsenal Manager

Ancelotti
21%
Tuchel
1%
Allegri
49%
PV4
6%
Enrique
2%
Jardim
5%
Nagelsmann
1%
Rodgers
1%
Arteta
3%
Others
12%

Total votes: 127

Nos89

Re: Who should be our next manager?

Post by Nos89 »

Gary Neville
Phil Neville
Jamie Reknapp
Graeme Souness
Danny Murphy
Roy Keane
Steve Bruce
Jermaine Jenas
Alan Shearer
Ian Wright
Steven Gerrard
Martin Keown
Sol Campbell
Craig Bellamy
Jamie Carragher
Glenn Hoddle
Kevin Campbell
Paul Merson
Charlie Nicholas
Paul Scholars
... have I missed anyone

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

We will either go the ridiculous route and bring in someone like Eddie Howe, Mikel Arteta, Thierry Henry, or Brendon Rodgers. Or we will start taking ourselves seriously as a big European club and make a move for Low, Anecelotti, Allegri. Even rumours Luis Enrique might have done all he can at Barcelona and seek a new move. And whats wrong with Conte if he Chelsea decide to part ways?

augie

Post by augie »

Wilson wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:07 am
We will either go the ridiculous route and bring in someone like Eddie Howe, Mikel Arteta, Thierry Henry, or Brendon Rodgers. Or we will start taking ourselves seriously as a big European club and make a move for Low, Anecelotti, Allegri. Even rumours Luis Enrique might have done all he can at Barcelona and seek a new move. And whats wrong with Conte if he Chelsea decide to part ways?

You do realise that luis enrique left barcelona last season dont you ?? :?

I have a feeling that henry already has the job and knows it - his responses on sky now seem a lot like a guy who is trying to ensure that he doesnt alienate the dressing room from him, plus his "I would never turn down Arsenal if they asked me", seems to be paving the way for his return. The fact that kroenke jnr is also supposed to be a fan of henry shouldnt be ignored either

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Simple Simeone

augie

Post by augie »

flash gunner wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:21 am
Simple Simeone

A big club with serious ambitions would at least make a really strong push for him - at the end of the day I dont think that he would come to us anyway, but we need to be seen to be pushing for a top manager now. The Arsenal "brand" is taking one hell of a hit at the moment, and appointing a big name manager MIGHT go some way to quelling that negative perception that the club currently has.

What cannot be disputed (and I am delighted souness called it yesterday) is that wenker walked into a great set up when he joined the club all those years ago, and souness also pointed out that our next manager will be walking into a much worse situation. However I totally refuse to believe that we are not a job that any top manager would want - we have a massive top notch stadium, wonderful training facilities, a huge worldwide fanbase, and probably a very enticing contract offer to manage the club. Yes I accept that the playing side needs a serious overhaul, but the next manager will be aware that the fans already know this and wont expect instant success and will be given time as long as it is seen to be improving.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

The next manager will have to conform to Kroenke...
So any manager with ambition will be tempered by Silent Stan and his cronies!
And any manager with a pair of balls will not be welcome!

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

If it is Henry he could seriously damage his legendary status with us. If you wanted success then you would have to choose somebody like Allegri from Juventus. I wish I could spell his name :barscarf:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Ant and fucking Dec have got a lot to answer for. It was that pair of twats that brought Dennis Wise back into the public eye and the little fucker has just offered up on SSN the option of Eddie Howe taking over with AW going upstairs in some football role to mentor him :banghead:

You were a fucking horrible little rat as a player please fuck off back into anonymity where you belong.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Lets get shot of this Fucker first..... :banghead:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

It’s already common knowledge Ancelotti is being lined up. Personally, I would love a TH14/PV4 combination, you can be sure not one player in that dressing room will get an easy ride from either of them.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

sadly it might not matter if Kroenke is still the owner - the ambition will still be no more than a top 4 finish

augie

Post by augie »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:28 am
sadly it might not matter if Kroenke is still the owner - the ambition will still be no more than a top 4 finish

But if we had a manager with tactical nous, could motivate and discipline the team, and actually had ambitions to be successful, we could then change our focus our attention on the owner - right now we have a manager that has none of the above and has wasted a ton of money into the bargain :roll:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:13 am
It’s already common knowledge Ancelotti is being lined up. Personally, I would love a TH14/PV4 combination, you can be sure not one player in that dressing room will get an easy ride from either of them.

I think PV4 will be a good manager one day, but I'm not convinced that TH14 will. However, neither are ready now and I think we need a complete break from the Wenger era.
I'd prefer to see an Ancelotti, Allegri type manager with experience, gravitas and his own coaching staff. I don't think we should throw all the existing staff out, but a serious change is needed.

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:40 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:13 am

I think PV4 will be a good manager one day, but I'm not convinced that TH14 will. However, neither are ready now and I think we need a complete break from the Wenger era.
I'd prefer to see an Ancelotti, Allegri type manager with experience, gravitas and his own coaching staff. I don't think we should throw all the existing staff out, but a serious change is needed.
Gravitas would be a good appointment! Is he currently in work? :?

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

franksav63 wrote:
Gravitas would be a good appointment! Is he currently in work? :?
:barscarf:

Is special circumstances available?

:rubchin: