Your choice as manager/Arteta Merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who Do YOU Want As Next Arsenal Manager

Ancelotti
21%
Tuchel
1%
Allegri
49%
PV4
6%
Enrique
2%
Jardim
5%
Nagelsmann
1%
Rodgers
1%
Arteta
3%
Others
12%

Total votes: 127

Happy Talk

Re: Your Choice As Manager

Post by Happy Talk »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43840717

Celtic will allow Rodgers to talk to Arsenal........

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Mike Bassett :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:43 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:25 pm
augie wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:41 am
At long, long, long last, we have finally get rid of the arrogant senile c.unt, so the question is now who does each of us want as our next manager - I know that we already have a thread on this but I wanted to put it into a Poll Format for more clarity. I am only allowed to list 10 options so I have lost the likes of simeone (unrealistic), Loew and eddie howe (unlikely) and henry (surely not).

One pick only, although maybe in your post you could say who you think will actually get the job
FFS how many new manager threads saying the same shit do we need? :banghead:

OK dildo-features I'll roll the other new manager thread into his one to save your poll. I'm on a phone on a packed train so if it goes tits up that's tough shit
. :lol: :wink:

Next new manager thread is getting deleted.

Maybe you should tell all our lovely members here that you and the other lazy dumb ass Irish civil servants are now seeking to have shorter working weeks - if that happens I am gonna throw up new duplicate threads all over the place cos you will have that extra time to do mod work :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It really is worrying how the simpletons in this country believe every lie, half truth, and completely made up story their carers read to them. :lol: :wink:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

I’d prefer PV4 but honestly I don’t care too much ! Wenger’s on his way and that’s what’s important!
Didn’t see it coming it’s just fantastic news !
We can now get behind the team for the elge so whoever comes in has that carrot to tempt new signings. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Either somebody with the experience to come in for 2-3 years, rip everything up and put the club back on the right track (like Ancelotti) or an exciting manager with bold ideas (like a Simeone). Not Brendan Rodgers or some nobody dreamer though.

To be honest I think what the club (and moreover I) needs is an exciting manager. Although Klopp is a bit cringeworthy and has a reputation which exceeds his ability, a passionate newcomer like that is exactly what’s needed to get people excited about the club again.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Get mourinho in...just for a laugh. He'll leave united for Arsenal. Think Graham going to spurs, think how much of an ego mourinho has to prove he can win the league with the same players Wenger finished 6/7th with.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Sky suggesting Arsenal approached Luis Enrique. I would prefer him over Rodgers any day, and he’s available right now.

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

Simeone

augie

Post by augie »

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:25 pm
Simeone
1,000 %

The Argentinian George Graham has been my choice for years. He would restore our fortunes and make us proud to be Gooners again.

augie

Post by augie »

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Tuchel isn't even THAT good. :?

Allegri, Simeone or Ancelotti for me.

I wouldn't be disappointed with Jardim.

Wildcard manager would be Unai Emery. I think, PSG tenure aside, he is a really good manager.

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

Someone voted for Arteta :banghead:

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Arch Wenger sychophant John "Be Careful What You Wish For" Cross wants Rodgers :roll:

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

There is a type of manager who would come in and demand support form the board to do the job. The other kind of manager would be someone thankful for the job and thus would be very timid with the board - Rodgers, Arteta would be thankful for the job and would tow the line set by the board. Someone like Ancelotti, Allegri even Paddy would come here with job to do and would demand the board back them.

Wenger leaving is one thing, but I still worry the board are to passive and weak, I worry they might prefer someone they can handle and hold leverage over. Ive said it before, Rodgers and Arteta are the bottom the pile, with Arteta at the absolute base of the pile. It it were Rodgers, I would give him 6 months and not much more given how his tenure at Liverpool ended. But if they for someone bizarre reason give Arteta the job, then before a ball is kicked im already Arteta out.