Your choice as manager/Arteta Merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who Do YOU Want As Next Arsenal Manager

Ancelotti
21%
Tuchel
1%
Allegri
49%
PV4
6%
Enrique
2%
Jardim
5%
Nagelsmann
1%
Rodgers
1%
Arteta
3%
Others
12%

Total votes: 127

jaysa123

Re: Your Choice As Manager

Post by jaysa123 »

augie wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 12:27 pm
SydneyGooner wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 11:48 am
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer ... 62754.html

Worried that with the Mislintat connection there may well be some truth to this.
Could have got 100/1 last week.

Now 4/1 favorite.

markyp

Post by markyp »

jaysa123 wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 1:03 pm
augie wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 12:27 pm
SydneyGooner wrote:

Worried that with the Mislintat connection there may well be some truth to this.
Could have got 100/1 last week.

Now 4/1 favorite.
assistants always go on to become great maangers don't they, McLaren,sammy lee,paul clement etc etc I could go on forever but there are too many to name,if theclub asppoint this no mark then we will know we are fucked for the long term

augie

Post by augie »

SydneyGooner wrote:

We all knew that the club would go for a cheapo option, but cant we at least get a cheap option with some managerial experience ? :roll: I'm listening to people knocking PV4 cos he is working in mls and no top flight managerial experience, but yet those same people are talking about this bosnian clown and arteta who have ZERO managerial experience :banghead:
I would much rather go for eddie howe than either this clown or arteta, and that is how much I am opposed to either of these c.unts getting it :evil:

augie

Post by augie »

Appointing someone like this guy doesn't make sense though does it ? I know that you will never please all the fans regardless of who you appoint, but surely they would want to make some sort of appointment that would unite most of the fans again ? You could make an argument that fans would support arteta cos he is an ex-player (I don't agree btw), or PV4 for the same reason, but having watched a fanbase tear itself apart for the last few years, surely they will know that this appointment wont help ?

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

augie wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 1:43 pm
Appointing someone like this guy doesn't make sense though does it ? I know that you will never please all the fans regardless of who you appoint, but surely they would want to make some sort of appointment that would unite most of the fans again ? You could make an argument that fans would support arteta cos he is an ex-player (I don't agree btw), or PV4 for the same reason, but having watched a fanbase tear itself apart for the last few years, surely they will know that this appointment wont help ?
COMPLETE NOBODY.....CHECK
WILL DO AS HE IS TOLD.....CHECK
WONT LOOK FOR MONEY.....CHECK
APPOINTMENT THAT DISPLAYS ZERO AMBITION.....CHECK
ZERO MANAGERIAL EXPERIENCE.....CHECK

F**k off Kronke you F**king leech!

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Somebody who will be eternally grateful to get the job?

Sounds right up Wiggy’s street.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 11:20 am
That Footie Journo - Guillem has just said he knows who the next manager will be - but has been sworn to secrecy.. TWAT! :banghead:
Yes and I know who it is too but alas have been sworn to secrecy also, so I will confirm who it is the minute Arsenal do 8) :wink: 8)

LeftfootlegendGooner

Btw buvac is now 2-1 so take that as confirmation.

Skooner

Post by Skooner »

I find it very hard to believe that is a done deal, if we were in talks with him and it was known about he'd be way shorter than 2/1. It's probably just people piling in with large bets moving the market. I've read in a few places the guy doesn't like being in the limelight, generally avoids the press etc. so why would he suddenly want a role like this.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Skooner wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 2:46 pm
I find it very hard to believe that is a done deal, if we were in talks with him and it was known about he'd be way shorter than 2/1. It's probably just people piling in with large bets moving the market. I've read in a few places the guy doesn't like being in the limelight, generally avoids the press etc. so why would he suddenly want a role like this.
I can five you 9 million reasons :wink:

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Buvac is apparently the brain behind Klopp's tactics especially the gegenpressing his teams are renowned for. He's been Klopp's assistant since he started managing with Mainz in 2001.

ONE ŽELJKO BUVAC, ONE ŽELJKO BUVAC, ONE ŽELJKO BUVAC, THERE'S ONLY ONE ŽELJKO BUVAC!!! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 7:00 am
Wagner? Are you kidding? Fuck it mate let's go for Howe or Dyche while we are at it! :wink:

We are the Arsenal, one of the 5 biggest clubs in world foitball with a storied history and pedigree and we have just ended a 14 year league title drought with problems in every position. We need a proven top level elite manager not some fucker that can "keep a small club up". :|
Blimey, I thought I was going left field with Wagner, but Buzac???

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

Don’t know if any of you listen to TalkShite but yesterday on the Jim White show Danny Murphy read out a story about this scouse no-mark being suspended for ‘personal reasons’ and then said “but we know that’s not true, don’t we Jim?” and then started laughing before the awkward silences that comes with saying something you shouldn’t and no doubt the radio button-monkey yelling at him to shut up!

Surely this isn’t what they were referring to? A fucking Assitant Manager taking over the greatest football club in the world?

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

I hope Buvac does come in to be honest.......as an ASSISTANT manager.

Mislintat obviously wants him (if true) and there is obviously some sort of core or structure building in place going on. Buvac as a manager would be a no go for me but bringing him in as an assistant with either Allegri or Jardim as manager and I'm a happy chappy! :barscarf:

The reality is that we sign this guy as manager and it all goes tits or we sign this guy as assistant and bringing bloody Arteta as manager. :roll: :banghead:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Kingralph wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 4:14 pm

Surely this isn’t what they were referring to? A fucking Assitant Manager taking over the greatest football club in the world?

Bertie Mee did alright. he was a physio. :barscarf: