Your choice as manager/Arteta Merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who Do YOU Want As Next Arsenal Manager

Ancelotti
21%
Tuchel
1%
Allegri
49%
PV4
6%
Enrique
2%
Jardim
5%
Nagelsmann
1%
Rodgers
1%
Arteta
3%
Others
12%

Total votes: 127

rodders999

Re: Your Choice As Manager

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 11:39 am
rodders999 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 11:32 am
augie wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 11:21 am
1989 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 10:59 am
Wonder what world class players will be lining up to join the Arteta revolution. :rubchin:

I'm already gutted tbh.

And this of course is the second very important point - we now have a panel very low on top quality players, so are we seriously expecting top quality players to be queuing up to join us now that arteta is manager ?? Would we seriously expect bang bang and mickey to stay under this regime ? Maybe we are going to be the top of big club that goes to a new stadium with the intention of plundering the lower leagues to show how big of a club we really are ?? :rubchin: :roll: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
To be fair both those players signed for Coco The Clown and his merry bunch of snowflakes with the club in turmoil and a civil war raging amongst the fan base. We are the biggest club in Europe's biggest city - do not underestimate the draw we are to top top qualideeee players regardless of who's in charge,

But yet we are not big enough to lure a top manager??

Anyway, players joined coco the clown cos outside of this fanbase, people couldnt see that he was no longer a top manager and was now a busted flush. His reputation around the world was as outdated as his coaching and management, and players actually thought that they were coming to play for one of the best coaches in the world :roll:
We are 100% big enough to lure a top manager, unfortunately we drifted aimlessly for years and missed out on quite a few. Klopp would definitely have come in as would Pep after Bayern. At the moment the stand out candidate is Allegri but he seems happy at Juve and doesn't want to leave. They've just won their 7th Serie A on the bounce and 4 doubles in a row I think? Crazy. He's there or there abouts at the semi final/final stages of the CL every year and will feel he can finally get one over the line in the coming seasons,

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

1989 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 11:24 am
Club is run by morons. We all thought Wenger was the problem but he was always only half the problem.
only the total idiots though Wenker was the only problem, Krancky was always the main problem, the old fool was only the front man for this sham club

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 11:53 am
augie wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
augie wrote:
1989 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 10:59 am
Wonder what world class players will be lining up to join the Arteta revolution. :rubchin:

I'm already gutted tbh.

And this of course is the second very important point - we now have a panel very low on top quality players, so are we seriously expecting top quality players to be queuing up to join us now that arteta is manager ?? Would we seriously expect bang bang and mickey to stay under this regime ? Maybe we are going to be the top of big club that goes to a new stadium with the intention of plundering the lower leagues to show how big of a club we really are ?? :rubchin: :roll: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
To be fair both those players signed for Coco The Clown and his merry bunch of snowflakes with the club in turmoil and a civil war raging amongst the fan base. We are the biggest club in Europe's biggest city - do not underestimate the draw we are to top top qualideeee players regardless of who's in charge,

Anyway, players joined coco the clown cos outside of this fanbase, people couldnt see that he was no longer a top manager and was now a busted flush. His reputation around the world was as outdated as his coaching and management, and players actually thought that they were coming to play for one of the best coaches in the world :roll:
We are 100% big enough to lure a top manager, unfortunately we drifted aimlessly for years and missed out on quite a few. Klopp would definitely have come in as would Pep after Bayern. At the moment the stand out candidate is Allegri but he seems happy at Juve and doesn't want to leave. They've just won their 7th Serie A on the bounce and 4 doubles in a row I think? Crazy. He's there or there abouts at the semi final/final stages of the CL every year and will feel he can finally get one over the line in the coming seasons,

Conte. Ancelotti. Enrique, PV4. Rodgers. Howe. Benitez

They are all far, far, far better options than arteta, and are also very obtainable. Even if you dismiss the possibility of the club going for a high profile top quality manager, the last 4 on that list would be much better appointments

EssexRdeie

Arteta

Post by EssexRdeie »

An announcement is expected on Friday. That's if you believe the gutter press!

I wanted anyone but Wenger. Of course I wanted Allegri or another big name but I have a feeling they have had Arteta as first choice all along.

It feels like a cop out, but I always like to try to find the positives (we all sang Bruce.... Bruce in the Clock End so I know we will get behind him unless times and fans really have changed that much since the move from Highbury) and Guardiola clearly rates him highly. Surely Guardiola is the best coach on the planet (loved video of him coaching Sterling) and Arteta had learnt from him for 2 years. Guardiola was untried when he took over Barca, which I know is a different situation entirely from the dross Arteta will inherit.

Wenger is to blame for us not having Guardiola or Klopp as manager in my eyes, if he loves Arsenal like a fan (not having it that he understands what that means and why would he?) he would have done the right thing years ago. I'm glad he's gone and I felt a little sad for him at the end (only after announcement, mind).

So if it's Arteta then at least we have the Sanllehi and Mislintat doing the bidding, which is already the case it seems anyway. And maybe he will be a revelation. It can't be worse than keeping Wenger. At least we now have the unknown to look forward to .. optimism for me again...

How will this help the ticket sales? Kroenke doesn't like empty seats on US television apparently! I thought he may go with a big name and spend money with this in mind. It seems not.

I thought when we left home that 60,000 would mean two things, loads of Johnny Come Lately fair weather fans who would desert us if there were bad times would be there and the atmosphere would be diluted. What I didn't see coming was Wenger dismantling the side and never replacing Vieira... or that he would keep Almunia, Fabianski and Scezney in goal for a decade. David Dein leaving killed Wenger... and I think he got found out... George's legacy faded... and he should have been sacked as soon as the 5 years the bank stipulated as a condition of financing the stadium were over.

Onwards and upwards. Maybe one day we will adopt the old Mickey Thomas song one day..... oh Mickey Mickey.... Mickey Mickey Mickey Mickey Mickey Mickey Mickey Mickey (enough!!!)

Shrewd investment by Arteta using the fines money to buy Gazidis a watch it seems.

flash gunner

Re: Arteta

Post by flash gunner »

Not sure we need an Arteta thread as no announcement yet but at least it keeps it in one place (hitler mod DB10 might disagree though)

If he is announced Friday as you said this thread will be in meltdown :? :worried:

Gunner-ita

Post by Gunner-ita »

Ambitions, victories and money are the important things to buy top players, no manager name. Do you think Aubameyang, Lacazette are here for AW? Really? Or maybe for the money spent (epsecially salary)?

Go to Champions next year, show ambitions, spend the money and the top players will arrive to Arsenal. This is most important than who the manager is.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

augie wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 12:07 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 11:53 am
augie wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
augie wrote:

Conte. Ancelotti. Enrique, PV4. Rodgers. Howe. Benitez

They are all far, far, far better options than arteta, and are also very obtainable. Even if you dismiss the possibility of the club going for a high profile top quality manager, the last 4 on that list would be much better appointments
augie i agree with what youre saying (apart from Howe and Rodgers :shock: ) but the clean sweep of the backroom people is a massively positive step and one i didnt think our board would have the balls to make...... If its Arteta (and i hope it isnt) then maybe it will work out :?

herbert

Post by herbert »

herbert wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 2:21 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 12:21 pm
Thing is, if one of the ex-players came in Like PV4 and did fail - It would spoil the Legend status he has...so I prefer a non-related person rather than an ex-player to take over. And if they do fuck-it-up I won't feel bad about giving him some abuse. :D

#justsaying
10-1 with Ladbrokes for Mikel Arteta ,get on it :wink: I am still hoplng for Allegri or Conte but have a feeling that it might be Mikel
My mates cousin who knows a woman who has a brother :blah: :blah: :blah: :barscarf:

To be honest I would rather lose the bet if we could get an Allegri or Conte type nstead but I think the structure of the backroom team has been set up for this type of appointment

augie

Post by augie »

I agree flash, and it was a move that doesnt add up to the thought of arteta being installed as the new manager, but this is what seems to be happening so it looks like we have a brand new coaching team in system in place, to be run by a guy with zero experience of doing so. This is so bizzare and is ridiculous to me

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

I think Arteta will be a good appointment.

There, I said it.

I pulled up behind him at traffic lights in Highgate once and he was so slow at pulling away I honked the horn and off he went, pulled up alongside him at the next set of lights and looked across to realise who it was, he put his hand up as if to say sorry mate so just because of that I’m backing him to do well, I’ve got nothing else :lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 1:01 pm

There, I said it.

I pulled up behind him at traffic lights in Highgate once and he was so slow at pulling away I honked the horn and off he went, pulled up alongside him at the next set of lights and looked across to realise who it was, he put his hand up as if to say sorry mate so just because of that I’m backing him to do well, I’ve got nothing else :lol:
are you one of the two people who voted for him on this poll then ? :lol:

you are the original MKB :D

augie

Post by augie »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 1:05 pm

There, I said it.

are you one of the two people who voted for him on this poll then ? :lol:

you are the original MKB :D

Yesterday allegri had exactly 50% of the votes on this poll - today he is down to 49% and I would like to know whose vote changed that, and what c.unt he or she voted for ? :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

There, I said it.

I respect your opinion which is based on solid first hand experience :D

Unfortunately it looks like it's the same sort of reasoning that the board are using too :shock:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

There, I said it.

Had he his handbrake on ?

silus

Post by silus »

augie wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 10:13 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 10:06 am
It's all there in plain sight people:-

The big names we want are concerned by the club structure

The club's new structure indicates that we are getting a coach not a manager

Kroenke believes that an inexperienced coach having worked at the Rams will work here - and doesn't really care if it doesn't. (Hey Augie, don't forget......Apples + oranges = bananas :D )

Gazidis isn't going to allow anything approaching another wenker situation to happen on his watch. He wants day to day control now.

Arteta is going to be a cheap option

Arteta will be happy to put up with the bullshit - including getting lumbered with Bould and the mad German

Our board are a bunch of fuckwits that took far far too long to kneecap wenker

Our board know Arteta and that he has sat next to Pep for a while so is now a football genius by association.

I want Allegri too folks but I have no faith in the board. Remember even without wenker they are still the same shower of shit.

Again I will point to the fact that it has been that way all over europe for decades, and most european based coaches know and accept that. In juve moggi is known to be the transfer guy, barca have had people behind scenes doing their transfers for years, mislinat was the guy at dortmund for years, and in real madrid the fcuking presidents decides who they are signing ffs :roll: How much input do you think klopp has in transfers at the victims ? Top clubs ALL hire coaches, and every Gooner asked about what we want in a new manager, says that we need a guy to come in and COACH the defence - we have never suggested that we need the manager to bring a guy with him that can coach the defence cos we know that we need a coaching manager not a financial/transfer guru manager
Totally agree mate. Not sure why people are getting bent out of shape about the "structure" of the club....its exactly as it needs to be.
Everything is in place behind the scenes with Sven and Raul , we just need someone to take care of the playing/coaching side of things. As you said, that is how most clubs are run now days and it's what we wanted regarding Wenger having too much power.... if people don't want the job because of it...then fuck em, it's what we need.
Obviously Arteta isn't mine or anyone else's first choice...but if it's him, let's give him a season and see how the team is progressing.
Some of the stuff on twatter etc is ridiculous...people losing their shit already. Calm the fuck down everyone, enjoy the summer and see what next season brings. Personally I can't wait, first time in ages I'm actually looking forward to it.