Your choice as manager/Arteta Merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who Do YOU Want As Next Arsenal Manager

Ancelotti
21%
Tuchel
1%
Allegri
49%
PV4
6%
Enrique
2%
Jardim
5%
Nagelsmann
1%
Rodgers
1%
Arteta
3%
Others
12%

Total votes: 127

GranadaJoe

Re: Your Choice As Manager

Post by GranadaJoe »

"Thank you Mr. Arteta for that interesting presentation on tactics and strategy. Now I just have a few more pedestrian questions.

Have you ever managed a football team at any level? OK

Have you ever chosen a player to buy and managed that purchase? OK

Have you ever sold a player? OK

Have you ever decided on the tactics of a team, which you have then trained and successfully implemented? OK

Have you ever won a league or European trophy? OK

MMMmmmmm.... :hmmthink:

What are your salary expectations? When can you start?"

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

silus wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 1:19 pm
augie wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 10:13 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 10:06 am
It's all there in plain sight people:-

The big names we want are concerned by the club structure

The club's new structure indicates that we are getting a coach not a manager

Kroenke believes that an inexperienced coach having worked at the Rams will work here - and doesn't really care if it doesn't. (Hey Augie, don't forget......Apples + oranges = bananas :D )

Gazidis isn't going to allow anything approaching another wenker situation to happen on his watch. He wants day to day control now.

Arteta is going to be a cheap option

Arteta will be happy to put up with the bullshit - including getting lumbered with Bould and the mad German

Our board are a bunch of fuckwits that took far far too long to kneecap wenker

Our board know Arteta and that he has sat next to Pep for a while so is now a football genius by association.

I want Allegri too folks but I have no faith in the board. Remember even without wenker they are still the same shower of shit.

Again I will point to the fact that it has been that way all over europe for decades, and most european based coaches know and accept that. In juve moggi is known to be the transfer guy, barca have had people behind scenes doing their transfers for years, mislinat was the guy at dortmund for years, and in real madrid the fcuking presidents decides who they are signing ffs :roll: How much input do you think klopp has in transfers at the victims ? Top clubs ALL hire coaches, and every Gooner asked about what we want in a new manager, says that we need a guy to come in and COACH the defence - we have never suggested that we need the manager to bring a guy with him that can coach the defence cos we know that we need a coaching manager not a financial/transfer guru manager
Totally agree mate. Not sure why people are getting bent out of shape about the "structure" of the club....its exactly as it needs to be.
Everything is in place behind the scenes with Sven and Raul , we just need someone to take care of the playing/coaching side of things. As you said, that is how most clubs are run now days and it's what we wanted regarding Wenger having too much power.... if people don't want the job because of it...then fuck em, it's what we need.
Obviously Arteta isn't mine or anyone else's first choice...but if it's him, let's give him a season and see how the team is progressing.
Some of the stuff on twatter etc is ridiculous...people losing their shit already. Calm the fuck down everyone, enjoy the summer and see what next season brings. Personally I can't wait, first time in ages I'm actually looking forward to it.

There is nothing wrong with the structure of the club, the problem is that it appears the club are using it as a means to accommodate Arteta as our new coach when we should be aiming higher. That is my concern, one minute the board are heading in the right direction finally by getting shot of TOF and putting a new structure in place. All good. Put the cherry on top of the cake with a top class appointment to demonstrate we are back and serious about the future. Then they try and get all clever with the left field appointment!! As many have said on here Arteta is just a huge risk at this stage......and unfortunately with our board that is largely all too predictable.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 1:05 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 1:01 pm
I think Arteta will be a good appointment.

There, I said it.

I pulled up behind him at traffic lights in Highgate once and he was so slow at pulling away I honked the horn and off he went, pulled up alongside him at the next set of lights and looked across to realise who it was, he put his hand up as if to say sorry mate so just because of that I’m backing him to do well, I’ve got nothing else :lol:
are you one of the two people who voted for him on this poll then ? :lol:

you are the original MKB :D
:lol: :barscarf:

I haven't even voted yet :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

augie wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 1:08 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 1:05 pm

There, I said it.

I pulled up behind him at traffic lights in Highgate once and he was so slow at pulling away I honked the horn and off he went, pulled up alongside him at the next set of lights and looked across to realise who it was, he put his hand up as if to say sorry mate so just because of that I’m backing him to do well, I’ve got nothing else :lol:
are you one of the two people who voted for him on this poll then ? :lol:

you are the original MKB :D

Yesterday allegri had exactly 50% of the votes on this poll - today he is down to 49% and I would like to know whose vote changed that, and what c.unt he or she voted for ? :lol:
Make that 48 :lol:

silus

Post by silus »

If it is Arteta....his first decision should be to install TA as assistant manager (bear with me here). He will unite the fans, he can coach the defence and our snowflakes would be shit scared of him!!

Ok, ok.....i know he's as mad as a box of frogs, but you've got to admit seeing him going mental on the sideline would be fucking hilarious!! :wink:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 1:10 pm

There, I said it.

I respect your opinion which is based on solid first hand experience :D

Unfortunately it looks like it's the same sort of reasoning that the board are using too :shock:
:lol:
You're probably right tbf :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Bradywasking wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 1:13 pm

There, I said it.

Had he his handbrake on ?
:lol: :lol:

He did look a leetle bit jaded behind the wheel tbf :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

silus wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 1:36 pm
If it is Arteta....his first decision should be to install TA as assistant manager (bear with me here). He will unite the fans, he can coach the defence and our snowflakes would be shit scared of him!!

Ok, ok.....i know he's as mad as a box of frogs, but you've got to admit seeing him going mental on the sideline would be fucking hilarious!! :wink:

That's not the worst idea I've heard today :barscarf:

There is still plenty of love for TA - remember his first match after he came out of prison.....over 7,000 at Highbury to welcome him back. That was a good afternoon. Life at the Arsenal before wenker.

Goonuz71

Post by Goonuz71 »

IF it is Arteta....and it is still a big IF ......and he did put TA on the coaching staff/bench , chuck Mad Jens in as well the bench could possibly be worth watching more than the game :box: :cussing:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/fo ... nt-manager

Lowest odds since this market was formed for Arteta. Bookies are at consensus too.

I think we are getting another snow flake manager. Will give him 2 years.

NickF

Post by NickF »

Goonuz71 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 2:28 pm
IF it is Arteta....and it is still a big IF ......and he did put TA on the coaching staff/bench , chuck Mad Jens in as well
Why does the word "trainwreck" spring to mind??? :?

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

Please, not Arteta. And if it is, there should be an automatic fine for anyone who uses the cliche "get behind him". He epitomises all that is bad about what we've experienced under Wenger: a lightweight but never a winner (not counting riding Pep's coat-tails).

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Are you part of the AKB - Arteta Knows Best :barscarf:

Or the MOB - Mikel Out Brigade :barscarf:

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 3:27 pm
Are you part of the AKB - Arteta Knows Best :barscarf:

Or the MOB - Mikel Out Brigade :barscarf:
We are the MOB, we are the MOB, we are, we are, we are the MOB!

silus

Post by silus »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 3:09 pm
Please, not Arteta. And if it is, there should be an automatic fine for anyone who uses the cliche "get behind him". He epitomises all that is bad about what we've experienced under Wenger: a lightweight but never a winner (not counting riding Pep's coat-tails).
What he was like as a player has nothing to do with what he'll be like as a coach.
Nobody really wants him to be appointed,but if it happens, I don't see why you wouldn't "get behind him" at least to begin with.