Your choice as manager/Arteta Merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who Do YOU Want As Next Arsenal Manager

Ancelotti
21%
Tuchel
1%
Allegri
49%
PV4
6%
Enrique
2%
Jardim
5%
Nagelsmann
1%
Rodgers
1%
Arteta
3%
Others
12%

Total votes: 127

Arsenal Till I Die

Re: Your Choice As Manager

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Arteta is going to be a disaster. May as well and just sit back and enjoy the continuation of the banter. :lol:

A serious fucking disaster!

Arsenal Till I Die

Re: Arteta

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Fuck it, appoint Arteta! I hope it humiliates the board and Gazidis and co get fucking embarrassed.

Let these *word censored* suffer. I don't care anymore.

Riotof91

Post by Riotof91 »

Same wankers who want Arteta thought he was a top player for us too...lol. It's the exact same split, it's only Wenger fanboys that loved him in the first place. I thought he was shit which is well documented.

Post by 1989 »

augie wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 6:15 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 5:57 pm
BREAKING: @Arsenal have contacted Patrick Vieira in last 24 hours but former Gunners midfielder feels call was a 'token gesture' and is disappointed, say Sky sources #SSN https://t.co/LSCre2usZi

Confirmation (as if it was needed) that PV4 would have swam from america to manage Arsenal - we could have got a top manager or we could have got a less experienced manager with real Arsenal blood in his veins, but instead we are employing a guy with zero managerial experience but spent his past it years playing for our club :roll: I know that I keep saying it, but it is really pissing me off to think that arteta is going to be our next manager, and making cazorla part of the coaching staff (another guy with zero experience) is only making the appointment worse :evil: :evil: :censored:
Lol @ "real Arsenal blood". Vieira wanted to leave us for Utd in his prime mate. Also was prepared to join that lot down the road when he was leaving Inter Milan.

Vieira is a Vieira man 1st.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

His whole claim to the job is rooted in in being Pep's assistant for one year. Steve McLaren was rated very highly be Ferguson as an assistant, before bombing at Boro. Likewise Carlos Quiroz was rated highly by Ferguson and got the Real Madrid job which ended in disaster. There is no correlation between an assistant manager of a winning team replicating that success as first team boss.

People need to stop pretending this is a careful and inspired choice. If you are open to Arteta being manager than fair enough, but call it what it is - a massive gamble with enormous potential to backfire. The possibility of Arsenal struggling and Arteta losing the fans, dressing room & respect (just like Moyes at United and Neville at Valenica) is highly likely.

They wont even get the contract length right. They could give him a 2 year deal as a stern warning he better do well or he is off, but you just know they will hand him a 5 year deal.

Fucking morons run this club. They really do.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

1989 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 2:21 am
augie wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 6:15 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 5:57 pm
BREAKING: @Arsenal have contacted Patrick Vieira in last 24 hours but former Gunners midfielder feels call was a 'token gesture' and is disappointed, say Sky sources #SSN https://t.co/LSCre2usZi

Confirmation (as if it was needed) that PV4 would have swam from america to manage Arsenal - we could have got a top manager or we could have got a less experienced manager with real Arsenal blood in his veins, but instead we are employing a guy with zero managerial experience but spent his past it years playing for our club :roll: I know that I keep saying it, but it is really pissing me off to think that arteta is going to be our next manager, and making cazorla part of the coaching staff (another guy with zero experience) is only making the appointment worse :evil: :evil: :censored:
Lol @ "real Arsenal blood". Vieira wanted to leave us for Utd in his prime mate. Also was prepared to join that lot down the road when he was leaving Inter Milan.

Vieira is a Vieira man 1st.
It was Real Madrid and Barca that Vieira was continually linked with every summer.

Arsenal have really fucked up here, it would appear they have made this a public Circus with a preferred first choice being Allegri. So all of the other candidates have every right to feel that they are fall back options. Arsenal should have been sounding out replacements months ago, if they made their minds up that Wenger was going to get the bullet.

What’s the chances of us not having a manager with a week to go before the new season. The board are such jokers I wouldn’t be surprised.

I would have Vieira in a heartbeat as opposed to some of the other candidates, even some of the more experienced options. If we don’t take Vieira, expect him to succeed Guardiola and gooners cursing another manager that got away.

silus

Post by silus »

http://www.gunnerstown.com/arsenal/2018 ... sh-gamble/

Sums it up pretty well for me. We are certainly right to have concerns...but there's no need to get carried away yet.
Some of the stuff I've seen online has been ridiculous....akbs trotting out "you got what you wanted" shit and other people threatening protests and the poor fucker hasn't even got the job yet.

Before we all start slitting our wrists take a minute to think where we are, compared to last year. We've got rid of Wenger and a lot of useless staff and got in people who are supposed to be some of the best around. We could have been sitting here waiting for wenger to come back of his hols, then fuck off to do punditry on the world cup, come back from there without managing to find a better keeper than cech and starting the season unprepared AGAIN.

Imo the club is trying to look to the future and move forward. I think most people accept that it won't be straight forward, so if it is Arteta and it doesn't work out, it will hopefully only be a short-lived mistake.

I'm as underwhelmed as anybody about him, but now should be the time to unite as a fan base and back whoever we get....and you never know, maybe, just maybe, there's a tiny chance the gamble will pay off....and at least he's not Brendan fucking Rodgers :D

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

It's been reported that the players have been told that it is 90% certain that Arteta will be coming in. Whatever that means :|
He will have Cazorla has his assistant too.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 5:03 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 4:54 pm
Who is going to be Goebels , cos you know what they said about him ?
:lol:

Spuddy. :wink:
:coffeespit:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

I hope Allardyce gets sacked and Arteta gets the Everton job :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bizarre that people still think of PV4 as a true Arsenal man and having Arsenal blood in his veins.... he spent the last few years of his time with us constantly aggitating and trying to wrangle a move to Real Madrid.

And don't run that old pony by me that "he saw through Wenger" because he left whilst Wenger was still delivering the goods. Honestly if anyone claims they thought Wenger should go before 2007 then they are a fucking bullshitter and a twat to boot. :roll:

PV4 was a great player but let's not kid ourselves about his loyalty.

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

Wilson wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 4:38 am
His whole claim to the job is rooted in in being Pep's assistant for one year. Steve McLaren was rated very highly be Ferguson as an assistant, before bombing at Boro. Likewise Carlos Quiroz was rated highly by Ferguson and got the Real Madrid job which ended in disaster. There is no correlation between an assistant manager of a winning team replicating that success as first team boss.

People need to stop pretending this is a careful and inspired choice. If you are open to Arteta being manager than fair enough, but call it what it is - a massive gamble with enormous potential to backfire. The possibility of Arsenal struggling and Arteta losing the fans, dressing room & respect (just like Moyes at United and Neville at Valenica) is highly likely.

They wont even get the contract length right. They could give him a 2 year deal as a stern warning he better do well or he is off, but you just know they will hand him a 5 year deal.

Fucking morons run this club. They really do.
The highlighted bit is spot on. Don Howe was a genuinely fantastic coach and assistant to Bertie Mee. As soon as we won the first double he was lured into thinking he could be a successful manager, at West Brom. He was a complete flop

He returned to Arsenal as assistant to Terry Neill, and once again proved relatively successful as the team got to four cup finals in three years (though they should have won more). When Neill was sacked he had the chance to manage Arsenal for over 2 seasons, and made a pig's ear of it.

Why does anyone assume Arteta's one year as Pep's assistant equips him to manage a club of Arsenal's stature in the modern era, against top quality men who have been there and done it?

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

All this bullshit about the club being ambitious when it seems like the likely candidate being Arteta or someone similar is a crock of shit, the simple fact is if the club were being ambitious they'd be moving heaven and earth to get the best manager available not someone with little or no pedigree as a manager.

This is the same thing we've seen for years sticking with a cheap option. Risk is not necessarily ambition. The quality and skill of the manager reduces the risk of success, the more successful the manager the smaller the risk taken in terms of him being successful.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The simple fact is the club is toxic and is owned by a cùnt who only has ambition to make more money and now run on a day to day basis by a team of fucking lizards whose only ambition is keeping their spot at the trough. :censored:

Any big organisation is led from the top. The owner sets the tone, demands what he views as acceptable returns and dictates who does what and for how long they do it. We are poison from the very top. Our cùnt owner has no football ambition and that filtrates right down through the board.

PV4 would have been a huge risk as manager but Arteta is risk at an absolute ridiculous level. If he is appointed of course I'll give him a chance but I'd be amazed if we aren't rooted in mid table under him.

Our club is owned and run by cùnts. :censored:

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

silus wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 5:08 am
http://www.gunnerstown.com/arsenal/2018 ... sh-gamble/

Sums it up pretty well for me. We are certainly right to have concerns...but there's no need to get carried away yet.
Some of the stuff I've seen online has been ridiculous....akbs trotting out "you got what you wanted" shit and other people threatening protests and the poor fucker hasn't even got the job yet.

Before we all start slitting our wrists take a minute to think where we are, compared to last year. We've got rid of Wenger and a lot of useless staff and got in people who are supposed to be some of the best around. We could have been sitting here waiting for wenger to come back of his hols, then fuck off to do punditry on the world cup, come back from there without managing to find a better keeper than cech and starting the season unprepared AGAIN.

Imo the club is trying to look to the future and move forward. I think most people accept that it won't be straight forward, so if it is Arteta and it doesn't work out, it will hopefully only be a short-lived mistake.

I'm as underwhelmed as anybody about him, but now should be the time to unite as a fan base and back whoever we get....and you never know, maybe, just maybe, there's a tiny chance the gamble will pay off....and at least he's not Brendan fucking Rodgers :D

Thats the thing though, if it doesn't work out, we wont move to rectify it. Arteta if named, will at least spend 3 years as boss now matter how badly we perform.