Your choice as manager/Arteta Merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who Do YOU Want As Next Arsenal Manager

Ancelotti
21%
Tuchel
1%
Allegri
49%
PV4
6%
Enrique
2%
Jardim
5%
Nagelsmann
1%
Rodgers
1%
Arteta
3%
Others
12%

Total votes: 127

rodders999

Re: Your Choice As Manager

Post by rodders999 »

Would love to know the inside story into what the fuck has gone down over the last 10 days.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 7:27 pm
Would love to know the inside story into what the fuck has gone down over the last 10 days.
maybe AW will reveal al in his much vaunted book he used to bleat on about...!

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Emery to be unveiled Manager later the week. In the circumstances, I am happy with this.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Isn't it pathetic though that the over-riding emotion for our new manager/coach is simply relief that it wasn't somebody else :cry:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: Arteta

Post by StuartL »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 7:23 pm
Arteta withdraws from the process :barscarf:
So, Arteta withdraws, Dick is looking like filling our empty slot, Bould is looking for a different position.....whatever next Barbara Windsor for kit manager ?

What a carry on :shock: :oops:

nut flush gooner

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 7:38 pm
Isn't it pathetic though that the over-riding emotion for our new manager/coach is simply relief that it wasn't somebody else :cry:
To a degree yes, but what he did at Sevilla was commendable.

I am relieved but also excited.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

The Arteta thing had transfer speculation hysteria written all over it. Like when all of the rags are all over the same rumour and try to outdo each other by inventing scoops about medicals, ‘talks’ and announcements.

No way he ever got as near the job as is being made out. Journos didn’t have a fucking clue and embarrassed themselves making it up. As usual.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 7:27 pm

AND

The previous 12 years Rodders! :wink:

BBC:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44203679

Well he came right out of the blue and off the rails...like a Grand National winner!

Know very little about the guy - anyone have any insights ?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Ivan Gazidis appears to have experienced cold feet over putting his own job on the line by going through with his move for someone as inexperienced as Arteta. https://t.co/1ETIdipJol

MrT

Post by MrT »

Emery is a smart and shrewd appointment. Not ecstatic but more positive than if it was Arteta.

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 8:07 pm
Ivan Gazidis appears to have experienced cold feet over putting his own job on the line by going through with his move for someone as inexperienced as Arteta. https://t.co/1ETIdipJol

Gazidis in that tweet looks even more smug than ever.
I would dearly enjoy punching him in the throat. Middle finger knuckle, square on the adams apple.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Much prefer Emery to Arteta but it still feels a bit left field and as though we are settling for the best of the rest. He has a good reputation but the PL is a completely different beast and i think we all know he'll need at least a season to find his feet, especially if the financial constraints are tight.

Still feel much better than i did before and maybe the future is brighter if he's given time and a bit of patience.... UTA :barscarf: :barscarf:

nut flush gooner

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 8:30 pm
Much prefer Emery to Arteta but it still feels a bit left field and as though we are settling for the best of the rest. He has a good reputation but the PL is a completely different beast and i think we all know he'll need at least a season to find his feet, especially if the financial constraints are tight.

Still feel much better than i did before and maybe the future is brighter if he's given time and a bit of patience.... UTA :barscarf: :barscarf:
He is about right for Arsenal. We aren't in a position to get a top draw manager. Allegri was perhaps a bit of wishful thinking.

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

Ernie71 wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 3:48 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 2:30 pm
with all this talk of Emery I am going to be even more annoyed if Lego Head gets the job now :cussing:
Emery has 13 years managerial experience.Arteta hasnt got 13 mins. He has won 3 European trophies Arsenal FC have won 2 :oops:
:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Happy with this , he will get us playing with more intensity and high pressing and some of our snowflakes won't be able to hack it and be found out :barscarf: :barscarf: