Your choice as manager/Arteta Merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who Do YOU Want As Next Arsenal Manager

Ancelotti
21%
Tuchel
1%
Allegri
49%
PV4
6%
Enrique
2%
Jardim
5%
Nagelsmann
1%
Rodgers
1%
Arteta
3%
Others
12%

Total votes: 127

VoiceOfReason

Re: Arteta

Post by VoiceOfReason »

StuartL wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 7:51 pm
So, Arteta withdraws, Dick is looking like filling our empty slot, Bould is looking for a different position.....whatever next Barbara Windsor for kit manager ?
Bould leaving is about the only piece of business left for the club during this transition IMO (as far as the staff side of things is concerned). I hope he goes as far away from the club as possible.

Nos89

Re: Your Choice As Manager

Post by Nos89 »

Actually looking forward to the new season. The more I read about him the better the appointment seems to be.
At PSG it seems that he wasn't allowed to demand too much of Neymar, who did as he pleased, at the behest of the owners. No wonder he left.
Of the top 5 leagues in Europe he won one. With the most expensively assembled squads, imagine the egos he had to organise and get to perform. Winning the treble showed he is capable of managing big egos. Ozil will either move or start performing.

Post by 1989 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 7:35 pm
Emery to be unveiled Manager later the week. In the circumstances, I am happy with this.
This.

Certainly a better choice than Arteta would've been.

Herd

Post by Herd »

I suppose it's churlish to expect him to speak English ? Because I understand he doesn't .
Given the lack of braincells in our English contingent this could be a problem.
Still I think it's telling on two fronts.
Arteta turned us down because he didn't buy the bullshit from SoS and that SoS is a grade A flip flopper who choked at his first big decision.

Give em enough rope as they say.?

or perhaps he didn't see a surge in season ticket renewals as fans got to grip's with the Arteta news
Or maybe the board stuck the boot in .
I've always said Hillwood still has a veto on his old shares.
Last edited by Herd on Tue May 22, 2018 12:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Does this bloke speak english ?. better than Wenger I mean !! :barscarf: :barscarf:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Still sounds a bit odd when Arteta is referred to as the "former Arsenal captain".

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Still sounds a bit odd when Arteta is referred to as the "former Arsenal captain".

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

He has three months to improve his English, not really that much of an issue.

Most of our squad speak French or Spanish too, so it's not like he can't speak to them.

Post by 1989 »

Time to lock this thread? :D

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Relieved, Arteta sounded nice in theory but this club doesn't need to punt right now, added bonus is the Wenger lovers are fuming about this.

Ivan played a blinder, took Wenger, his disciples and every ITK out in one Summer.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

What will be interesting is who comes in on his backroom team, will they throw Thierry in?

Can see him alongside Emery more than being second in command to someone beneath him in Arteta.

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

Gunnersaurus wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 4:10 am
Relieved, Arteta sounded nice in theory but this club doesn't need to punt right now, added bonus is the Wenger lovers are fuming about this.

Ivan played a blinder, took Wenger, his disciples and every ITK out in one Summer.
Agree with this.
Arteta has 2 years experience only as a coach. He should cut his teeth in a lower league or abroad, or remain for a few more years at city.
I would have backed him but it seemed to be a very strange choice, and a huge gamble. Good luck to him, but I am also relieved that we have gone for someone with experience, albeit not the first choice for me.
How the fuck the AKB's are getting so pissed off is beyond me. But curiously satisfying too.

John Cross is getting pelters on his twitter account. Good, bloody Wenger arse licker.

Post by 1989 »

He'd most likely bring his own backroom staff that he had at PSG.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

1989 wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 2:33 am
Time to lock this thread? :D
:lol:

Not until the deal is done - I'm afraid I'll jinx it! :lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunnersaurus wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 4:12 am
What will be interesting is who comes in on his backroom team, will they throw Thierry in?

Can see him alongside Emery more than being second in command to someone beneath him in Arteta.
I always found the idea of Henry coming back to work beneath Arteta a bit ludicrous and tbh not feasible. Wouldn't be surprised to see him now come back to help coach the strikers under Dick.