Your choice as manager/Arteta Merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who Do YOU Want As Next Arsenal Manager

Ancelotti
21%
Tuchel
1%
Allegri
49%
PV4
6%
Enrique
2%
Jardim
5%
Nagelsmann
1%
Rodgers
1%
Arteta
3%
Others
12%

Total votes: 127

Gunnersaurus

Re: Arteta

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Pretty sure he's some sort of data/video analyst.

Pep has a few coaches with him.

MrT

Re: Your Choice As Manager

Post by MrT »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 6:47 am
Gazidis is a moron. He is typical of a certain type of super arrogant American businessman that thinks he is smarter than he is.... the type that bring banks down. He tried a coup last year and made a complete fuck up of it. The ONLY reason Wenger went this season is because so many fans stayed away from the Conglomerates that Wiggy could see it would hurt the brand if Wenger served out the full two year extension. The board could not and did not foresee having to get rid of Wenger after the first year of the extension and had no plan in place. People giving Gazidis credit for cunning and business smarts have it totally wrong.

Make no mistake Kroenke Gazidis and this board of empty suited lizards are greedy enough and stupid enough to go with the cheap option of Arteta.

Wenger was the symptom. Kroenke (and Gazidis) are the disease. :censored:

He promises a catalyst for change, hires one of the best scouts in Europe, poaches the Barcelona DOF, gets Aubameyang over the line and helps shift the deadwood over Wenger's head, hires a very good first team coach in a clean break from Wenger and you still bitch and moan.

No, I don't like him personally, but give credit where it's due. Seems like you're just flinging shit at him for the sake of it.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Probably won't happen but TH as assistant wouldn't be a bad thing, speaks fluent French and English and I should imagine some decent Spanish too and it would give him some decent experience as well.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 5:17 pm
Probably won't happen but TH as assistant wouldn't be a bad thing, speaks fluent French and English and I should imagine some decent Spanish too and it would give him some decent experience as well.
Pires would probably be a better option. He was practically pleading with the new manager to take him on in some sort of coaching capacity. Also speaks fluent French and Spanish. Henry just seems far too preoccupied with punditry to be considered for a coaching position over here just yet.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

So glad Arteta didnt gt the job. Unlike most, I actually personally dislike Arteta. I winced at the sight of him, and whenever reading stories about him potentially being our manager, I skipped the pictures of him because I couldnt bear to look at him.

I loathed him as captain, and never liked him as a player. I literally would have rather Wenger stayed on than Arteta get the job. Thankfully its neither

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

MrT wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 5:06 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Gazidis is a moron. He is typical of a certain type of super arrogant American businessman that thinks he is smarter than he is.... the type that bring banks down. He tried a coup last year and made a complete fuck up of it. The ONLY reason Wenger went this season is because so many fans stayed away from the Conglomerates that Wiggy could see it would hurt the brand if Wenger served out the full two year extension. The board could not and did not foresee having to get rid of Wenger after the first year of the extension and had no plan in place. People giving Gazidis credit for cunning and business smarts have it totally wrong.

Make no mistake Kroenke Gazidis and this board of empty suited lizards are greedy enough and stupid enough to go with the cheap option of Arteta.

He promises a catalyst for change, hires one of the best scouts in Europe, poaches the Barcelona DOF, gets Aubameyang over the line and helps shift the deadwood over Wenger's head, hires a very good first team coach in a clean break from Wenger and you still bitch and moan.

No, I don't like him personally, but give credit where it's due. Seems like you're just flinging shit at him for the sake of it.
Bullshit. When his pathetic coup attempt blew up in his face he tried to backtrack and imply that Arsene would be the catalyst for change ffs. He got Aubamayang "over the line"? The same Aubameyang that had a queue of nobody looking to sign him? The same Aubamayang that stated publicly he signed for Arsenal to play under Wenger? Wow. What an achievement that was for Ivan.

As for hiring a very good first team coach? Have you had your head up your own arse for the last few weeks? :lol: He made a complete fucking mockery of the club faffing around with half assed attempts to get Vieira and then Henry before "settling" for Arteta who then promptly told him and his new structure of Barca's ex DOF to fuck off (and fair play to Arteta for that). Then old Ivan goes scrabbling around Europe before Emery jumps at the chance to get out of a shit situation at PSG.

But yeah to criticise this greedy incompetent moron is to bitch and moan.

Post by 1989 »

Wilson wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 3:31 am
So glad Arteta didnt gt the job. Unlike most, I actually personally dislike Arteta. I winced at the sight of him, and whenever reading stories about him potentially being our manager, I skipped the pictures of him because I couldnt bear to look at him.

I loathed him as captain, and never liked him as a player. I literally would have rather Wenger stayed on than Arteta get the job. Thankfully its neither
:shock:

What do you have against him?

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

MrT wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 5:06 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

What he has done needed doing earlier, but fair play it has been done - and to have the team about himto make the transfer and contract decisions means that he realises that he doesn’t have the knowledge or expertise to do that.
Happy, excited, rejuvenated- let’s see what 2018 / 2019 brings :barscarf: