Your choice as manager/Arteta Merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who Do YOU Want As Next Arsenal Manager

Ancelotti
21%
Tuchel
1%
Allegri
49%
PV4
6%
Enrique
2%
Jardim
5%
Nagelsmann
1%
Rodgers
1%
Arteta
3%
Others
12%

Total votes: 127

Jock Gooner

Your choice as manager/Arteta Merged thread

Post by Jock Gooner »

OK so maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit but now the media have finally woken up to the fact that AW truly is a busted flush, the names to potentially replace him have started to be bounced around. I was not best pleased to read that Brendan Rodgers didn't rule himself out of the running when asked and in fact appears to have thrown his hat in the ring according to the Sun (yes, I know). That fucker would crawl over broken glass to get away from the utter shite that is the SPL. Lots of names of ex AFC players who probably are not really ready to step up to this level feature have been thrown in the mix - although in fairness most of them would do a better job than AW without any experience.

I watched the Netflix mini series recently on Juventus and thought Allegri came across very well. He organises his team thoroughly and does tactics too which would be novel. Unfortunately, while wiggy wasted time and fucked about delaying over AW before finally giving him the 2 year deal, we have seen a number of Europe's top managers commit to deals with new or existing clubs. I'm not sure about Conte either although he would at least bring passion to the role and while Simeone would undoubtedly sort out some of our spineless excuses he is reported as being happy where he is. Given the current state of management availability I do wonder whether Ancelotti might be a decent solid option to start what could be a lengthy process to turn the club around.

Did anyone notice that Owen Coyle resigned from Raith Rovers a couple of days ago! Also, I wonder what Bruce Rioch is up to these days?

Perryashburtongroves

Re: Who should be our next manager?

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Joachim Löw. We are what German were 15 years ago. He went back to basics and created an identity, got players to understand that a team needs an identity and that winning matches creates a culture of success. We need that. He will get the best out of players like Ozil, Aubameyang, Ramsey and sort out the fucking defence. Over the last few years, we have looked to Germany more as a club and with Sven whatnot coming in, it would be a good move to get Löw in.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Ancellotti for 18 months then it's a case of who is the next best of a new generation of coaches.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Max Allegri is my favorite choice at present however Carlo Ancelotti or Joachim Low would both be good too.

What I'm fearful of with our current board/management is them appointing a wanker which is also very likely.

brucers

Post by brucers »

Low, but don't think much chance of getting him. Allegri or Simeone more realistic. Don't want Rodgers, Tuchel or any ex player.

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

In view of our current situation, would it be easier to list who we don't want?

As in, Anyone But Arsene?

:rubchin:

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

Alan Pardew or Chris Coleman will be available soon. :D

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Wow a new acronym "ABA"

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Low would bring with him a serious heavyweight reputation which would allow us to attract quality players as he transforms the team. Anyone know if a club side has ever approached him or tried to take him from the German national side? Would he want to leave international football for us? You would like to think we would have the pick of the best up and coming German players.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

If it is Low there has to be a clause in his contract that prevents him from doing shit like this in public.

Fucking sickening sackable offences.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:09 pm
If it is Low there has to be a clause in his contract that prevents him from doing shit like this in public.

Fucking sickening sackable offences.
:lol: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

Shoulda made this into a poll buddy (any mods around here lately ? :wink: )

Simeone is not realistic

Tuchel had a major, major falling out with Sven Mislintat before he left dortmund, so assume that isnt a runner

Arteta, henry and rodgers are a big no thanks from me

Luis Enrique would bring more of the same imo, so I wouldnt be in favour of that

Jardim or fonseca (shaktar) would be a gamble imo

That leaves PV4, Allegri, Low and ancelotti (with conte maybe ?) and tbh I would be happier with any of them - even though I have consistantly been opposed to giving the job to an ex-player, PV4 would now be my preferred choice. I really want someone to come in with a different attitude and philosphy to the current di*khead in charge, and I feel that PV4 wouldnt stand for the half hearted bollox that we are currently being served up. He knows the club and what it is meant to stand for, plus this is going to be a rebuilding job and I feel that the fans would be more inclined to give him time to get things back on track. Allegri would be my second choice

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Anyone who spends Kroenke's cash badly, kicks up a fuss and gets us close to relegation.

Viva la revolution!.

:twisted: :twisted:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

What could of been if not for Wenger (and Wiggy).

:banghead:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

I did consider the poll option Augie but decided I would rather see what folks thought about the options rather than just go down the clicky button route. As I'm beginning to tire of the different ways we can call wenger a *word censored* I thought it might be healthy to express some positives about managers for a change :D

I must admit I had no idea that Low was so heavily involved in nose picking and fiddling with himself.....beginning to have second thoughts about him!