Monreal

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Supagoon

Re: Monreal

Post by Supagoon »

Certainly one of our better defensive signings, we've hardly signed better LBs have we. Before this season he was pretty good. He is 32 now and his entering a common decline at his age.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Gunnersaurus wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 10:15 am
Would be surprised if he makes the cut when the new manager comes in, decent enough on his day and puts the effort in but he's got mistakes in him and can be quite flakey.

Hopefully the new manager is going down the defenders being defenders route rather than glorified wingers trying to defend.

Good going forward, bit weak defending, same as Bellerin, both could be in trouble.

I don't see him getting the chop next season as we won't get any money for him and there are areas which need sorting out before left back. More chance of Bellerin being moved on to raise some cash for the rebuild.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

northbank123 wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 9:43 am
Wilson wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 3:32 am
Best left back since Cole.
Better than Clichy, Andre Santos and Kieran Gibbs - true but hardly high praise.
The best maybe but a poor bunch of candidates, he is in the mix for player of the season (for us) which tells you how shit the rest have been.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Wilson wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 3:32 am
Best left back since Cole.

And also the best Del Boy since David Jason.