Gazidis - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SydneyGooner

Re: Gazidis - merged thread

Post by SydneyGooner »

Some dude called Vinai Venkatesham will effectively replace him as the managing director with Raul Sanllehi becoming head of football.

https://www.arsenal.com/news/club-names ... eads-italy

Post by 1989 »

augie wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:29 pm
Just out of curiousity, have I missed some official announcement about gazidas leaving ?? I assumed that it had been confirmed publicly when 1989 started his new thread this evening, but I have looked around various sites and I cant find anything about it :? :?
Official now pal

Also I'm not fucked off that he's leaving. I'm delighted. I'm bitter about the decade of bullshit and lies that came out of the bloke's mouth. He was Wenger's puppet, no more no less.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:38 am
Good riddance, I still haven't figured out what the fuck he does/did.
Fucking right, was just thinking the same thing. We need to get back to times when we knew who the suits were but didn't hear too much from them unless they were doing good things. This twat has just turned up, nicked a living off us got fucked over by TOF and fucked off at the first chance. Fuck him.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ivan ... -8nvwt8f03
Ivan Gazidis is leaving his job as the Arsenal chief executive to join AC Milan. The 54-year-old, who joined the club in 2009, is expected to depart before the turn of the year.

Gazidis has been offered a salary of about £3.6 million — £1 million more than he earns at Arsenal — as well as an equity stake in Milan by the American hedge fund Elliott Management, which owns the Italian club. Elliott wants to transform Milan’s fortunes before potentially selling its investment would mean that Gazidis could earn a windfall. He has a 12-month notice period on his Arsenal contract and may have to spend some time on gardening leave.

Gazidis was instrumental in overhauling Arsenal’s management and coaching structure and effectively easing Arsène Wenger out of the club after 22 years as manager. Gazidis pushed hard for Mikel Arteta to succeed the Frenchman but the board chose Unai Emery at the 11th hour.

Some Arsenal fans have been critical of Gazidis’s role at the club and his legacy may be tied into the success, or otherwise, of Emery. When Arsenal were set to fall out of the top four two seasons ago he talked about his “catalyst for change” and late last year he appointed Raúl Sanllehí, the director of football in all but name, Sven Mislintat, the head of recruitment, and Huss Fahmy to handle player contracts.

He wanted a framework where the manager purely coached and appeared to emphasise that in the summer when he admitted that Emery did not have the final say on recruitment.

Gazidis oversaw Arsenal’s purchase of StatDNA, the data analytics company, which Wenger did not embrace. He wanted to find a role for Arteta when he retired as a player in 2016 but Wenger warned that “you cannot create artificial positions”.
£20.4m: Ivan Gazidis' earnings at Arsenal since becoming chief exec in Jan 2009. Not including this season and any loyalty or long-service bonus he may get before he leaves for Milan.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Midz

Post by Midz »

Tim Payton of the Arsenal Supporters' Trust claims outgoing chief executive Ivan Gazidis 'didn't achieve much' and doesn't see his exit as a major setback
says it all really.

augie

Post by augie »

1989 wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:58 am
augie wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:29 pm
Just out of curiousity, have I missed some official announcement about gazidas leaving ?? I assumed that it had been confirmed publicly when 1989 started his new thread this evening, but I have looked around various sites and I cant find anything about it :? :?
Official now pal

Also I'm not fucked off that he's leaving. I'm delighted. I'm bitter about the decade of bullshit and lies that came out of the bloke's mouth. He was Wenger's puppet, no more no less.

Dont agree with that at all - he was wiggy's puppet alright, but he was never a puppet for le fraud. I know that he did not pull the trigger to finish wenker's time at our club, but I certainly believe that he played a significant part in that decision - if nothing else, his public comments vindicated the opinions of the wob and gave them encouragement when hope was lost 8)

augie

Post by augie »

Midz wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:12 pm
Tim Payton of the Arsenal Supporters' Trust claims outgoing chief executive Ivan Gazidis 'didn't achieve much' and doesn't see his exit as a major setback
says it all really.

Bit like the arsenal supporters trust then ? :rubchin:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Dick Law has left too - some guy from Sky TV is now our contract negotiator.

regardless of what has gone one before, I thought Ivan did a bang up job the last 18 months - brought in sven etc over the ex-managers head, sacked the ex-manager, sacked the medical staff, chose Dick, and put in a new structure around and above him.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

clockender1 wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:27 pm
Dick Law has left too - some guy from Sky TV is now our contract negotiator.

regardless of what has gone one before, I thought Ivan did a bang up job the last 18 months - brought in sven etc over the ex-managers head, sacked the ex-manager, sacked the medical staff, chose Dick, and put in a new structure around and above him.
Problem is that he started in Jan 2009 so by the time he had worked out that TOF was finished and had a look round at the structures other clubs had in place and decided what to do........it was all too late. He may have got there in the end but that doesn't disguise the fact that he was a useless fucker most of the time.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Gazidis will be missed as much as a piece of bird shit wiped off one of the seats at the stadium.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Midz wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:46 pm
Gazidis will be missed as much as a piece of bird shit wiped off one of the seats at the stadium.
And that's being generous. :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:05 am

Just wish that Ceremonial chair could be plugged in. :? :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:01 am
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ivan ... -8nvwt8f03
Ivan Gazidis is leaving his job as the Arsenal chief executive to join AC Milan. The 54-year-old, who joined the club in 2009, is expected to depart before the turn of the year.

Gazidis has been offered a salary of about £3.6 million — £1 million more than he earns at Arsenal — as well as an equity stake in Milan by the American hedge fund Elliott Management, which owns the Italian club. Elliott wants to transform Milan’s fortunes before potentially selling its investment would mean that Gazidis could earn a windfall. He has a 12-month notice period on his Arsenal contract and may have to spend some time on gardening leave.

Gazidis was instrumental in overhauling Arsenal’s management and coaching structure and effectively easing Arsène Wenger out of the club after 22 years as manager. Gazidis pushed hard for Mikel Arteta to succeed the Frenchman but the board chose Unai Emery at the 11th hour.

Some Arsenal fans have been critical of Gazidis’s role at the club and his legacy may be tied into the success, or otherwise, of Emery. When Arsenal were set to fall out of the top four two seasons ago he talked about his “catalyst for change” and late last year he appointed Raúl Sanllehí, the director of football in all but name, Sven Mislintat, the head of recruitment, and Huss Fahmy to handle player contracts.

He wanted a framework where the manager purely coached and appeared to emphasise that in the summer when he admitted that Emery did not have the final say on recruitment.

Gazidis oversaw Arsenal’s purchase of StatDNA, the data analytics company, which Wenger did not embrace. He wanted to find a role for Arteta when he retired as a player in 2016 but Wenger warned that “you cannot create artificial positions”.
£20.4m: Ivan Gazidis' earnings at Arsenal since becoming chief exec in Jan 2009. Not including this season and any loyalty or long-service bonus he may get before he leaves for Milan.

:rubchin:

Aaaah I see, so he's not a Cuntbag..................... he's a very rich Cuntbag. :?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:34 pm
SydneyGooner wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:05 am

Just wish that Ceremonial chair could be plugged in. :? :D
I hope that despicable piece of vermin shit is next out the door :twisted: