Gazidis - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Post Reply
User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 47324
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: Gazidis - merged thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:35 am
To be fair DB10 contract extensions these days are as much about maximizing the resale value of a player as they are about tying the player down to the club.

Turnip head Harry Maguire recently signed an extension at Leicester after being linked all summer with a big money move away but that was only done to increase his release clause, he will still be fucking off out of Leicester in the next 12 months. I’m hoping the same reasoning was applied when Comedy Iwobi and the Swiss Turd got theirs recently.

Jack has walked for nothing when we should have bagged 15-20 million for him and 60-80 million was flushed down the shitter with Alexis because their contracts were allowed to run down.

Ox we got away with because Liverpool stupidly paid 40 million for a guy in the final year of his contract and Ozil was able to take the club up the ring piece and get a massive contract on the back of his contract being about to expire.

The new team were too late on the scene to prevent the latest saga with Sir-Flicks-A-Lot but hopefully he is the last player who’s contract is allowed to run down to the final months and the absolute shit way we have being doing business like that with contracts becomes a distant memory of the Banter Era.
I take your point Rodders but I would say there is zero resale value in Comedy Iwobi and Xhaka tbh. Neither are up to the required standard of the PL and while there is some slight tiny outside chance that Comedy Iwobi might get better as he has youth on his side there is really no hope that Xhaka will grow a functioning brain at this stage.

1989
Posts: 11844
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:50 pm

Re: Gazidis - merged thread

Post by 1989 »

augie wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:28 pm
1989 wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:58 am
augie wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:29 pm
Just out of curiousity, have I missed some official announcement about gazidas leaving ?? I assumed that it had been confirmed publicly when 1989 started his new thread this evening, but I have looked around various sites and I cant find anything about it :? :?
Official now pal

Also I'm not fucked off that he's leaving. I'm delighted. I'm bitter about the decade of bullshit and lies that came out of the bloke's mouth. He was Wenger's puppet, no more no less.



Dont agree with that at all - he was wiggy's puppet alright, but he was never a puppet for le fraud. I know that he did not pull the trigger to finish wenker's time at our club, but I certainly believe that he played a significant part in that decision - if nothing else, his public comments vindicated the opinions of the wob and gave them encouragement when hope was lost 8)
He was Wenger and Wiggy's puppet. We all know Wenger was involved in hiring him. Plus he mentioned how Wenger was world class and there are "no managers better equipped to take us forward" when Le Fraud shamelessly signed his last contract. :roll: :roll:

I gave him credit for strategically removing Wenger by phasing him out through building a new structure around him that made him obsolete, however looking back it's clear now that he was just a cowardly bastard who was hiding behind Le Fraud and the moment he was gone he realized the pressure would be on and fucked off at the first chance. I give credit to Josh Kroenke for Wenger's departure.

User avatar
flash gunner
Posts: 29261
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Armchairsville. FACT.

Re: Gazidis - merged thread

Post by flash gunner »

Suprised to see Gazidis go. Always thought he wanted Wenger out but with the credit he had in the bank was going to be a tough job, no he's gone Gazidis jumps ship too, strange one

User avatar
rodders999
Posts: 12084
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:59 pm
Location: Diamond Club

Re: Gazidis - merged thread

Post by rodders999 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:20 am
rodders999 wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:35 am
To be fair DB10 contract extensions these days are as much about maximizing the resale value of a player as they are about tying the player down to the club.

Turnip head Harry Maguire recently signed an extension at Leicester after being linked all summer with a big money move away but that was only done to increase his release clause, he will still be fucking off out of Leicester in the next 12 months. I’m hoping the same reasoning was applied when Comedy Iwobi and the Swiss Turd got theirs recently.

Jack has walked for nothing when we should have bagged 15-20 million for him and 60-80 million was flushed down the shitter with Alexis because their contracts were allowed to run down.

Ox we got away with because Liverpool stupidly paid 40 million for a guy in the final year of his contract and Ozil was able to take the club up the ring piece and get a massive contract on the back of his contract being about to expire.

The new team were too late on the scene to prevent the latest saga with Sir-Flicks-A-Lot but hopefully he is the last player who’s contract is allowed to run down to the final months and the absolute shit way we have being doing business like that with contracts becomes a distant memory of the Banter Era.
I take your point Rodders but I would say there is zero resale value in Comedy Iwobi and Xhaka tbh. Neither are up to the required standard of the PL and while there is some slight tiny outside chance that Comedy Iwobi might get better as he has youth on his side there is really no hope that Xhaka will grow a functioning brain at this stage.
Never forget someone paid 15 million quid for Jordan fucking Ibe......NEVER FORGET :lol:

User avatar
augie
Posts: 25459
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Gazidis - merged thread

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:16 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:20 am
rodders999 wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:35 am
To be fair DB10 contract extensions these days are as much about maximizing the resale value of a player as they are about tying the player down to the club.

Turnip head Harry Maguire recently signed an extension at Leicester after being linked all summer with a big money move away but that was only done to increase his release clause, he will still be fucking off out of Leicester in the next 12 months. I’m hoping the same reasoning was applied when Comedy Iwobi and the Swiss Turd got theirs recently.

Jack has walked for nothing when we should have bagged 15-20 million for him and 60-80 million was flushed down the shitter with Alexis because their contracts were allowed to run down.

Ox we got away with because Liverpool stupidly paid 40 million for a guy in the final year of his contract and Ozil was able to take the club up the ring piece and get a massive contract on the back of his contract being about to expire.

The new team were too late on the scene to prevent the latest saga with Sir-Flicks-A-Lot but hopefully he is the last player who’s contract is allowed to run down to the final months and the absolute shit way we have being doing business like that with contracts becomes a distant memory of the Banter Era.
I take your point Rodders but I would say there is zero resale value in Comedy Iwobi and Xhaka tbh. Neither are up to the required standard of the PL and while there is some slight tiny outside chance that Comedy Iwobi might get better as he has youth on his side there is really no hope that Xhaka will grow a functioning brain at this stage.
Never forget someone paid 15 million quid for Jordan fucking Ibe......NEVER FORGET :lol:



Dont mind that, we actually got £15m when we sold alex mong to barca :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

People often talk about signing this player or that player was the best bit of transfer business the club done in the wenger era, but for me getting any money (never mind £15m) for song was far and away the best deal in the last 23 years cos he was utter, utter shit

User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 47324
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: Gazidis - merged thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:46 am
rodders999 wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:16 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:20 am
rodders999 wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:35 am
To be fair DB10 contract extensions these days are as much about maximizing the resale value of a player as they are about tying the player down to the club.

Turnip head Harry Maguire recently signed an extension at Leicester after being linked all summer with a big money move away but that was only done to increase his release clause, he will still be fucking off out of Leicester in the next 12 months. I’m hoping the same reasoning was applied when Comedy Iwobi and the Swiss Turd got theirs recently.

Jack has walked for nothing when we should have bagged 15-20 million for him and 60-80 million was flushed down the shitter with Alexis because their contracts were allowed to run down.

Ox we got away with because Liverpool stupidly paid 40 million for a guy in the final year of his contract and Ozil was able to take the club up the ring piece and get a massive contract on the back of his contract being about to expire.

The new team were too late on the scene to prevent the latest saga with Sir-Flicks-A-Lot but hopefully he is the last player who’s contract is allowed to run down to the final months and the absolute shit way we have being doing business like that with contracts becomes a distant memory of the Banter Era.
I take your point Rodders but I would say there is zero resale value in Comedy Iwobi and Xhaka tbh. Neither are up to the required standard of the PL and while there is some slight tiny outside chance that Comedy Iwobi might get better as he has youth on his side there is really no hope that Xhaka will grow a functioning brain at this stage.
Never forget someone paid 15 million quid for Jordan fucking Ibe......NEVER FORGET :lol:



Dont mind that, we actually got £15m when we sold alex mong to barca :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

People often talk about signing this player or that player was the best bit of transfer business the club done in the wenger era, but for me getting any money (never mind £15m) for song was far and away the best deal in the last 23 years cos he was utter, utter shit
I think we actually got £16million for Mong IIRC. :shock: :lol:

And that is some serious money the Whores paid for a prank monkey tbh. :oops: :lol:

User avatar
Nos89
Posts: 3381
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:44 am

Re: Gazidis - merged thread

Post by Nos89 »

Not too bothered that he's gone. Part of the stagnant mess we found ourselves in.

User avatar
Nos89
Posts: 3381
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:44 am

Re: Gazidis - merged thread

Post by Nos89 »

I wonder if Wenger will get drafted in to Milan if they are outside the top 6 going into Christmas?

User avatar
Herd
Posts: 6154
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:00 am

Re: Gazidis - merged thread

Post by Herd »

S'hit I didn't know he's gone ,Ive been in my own world the last 2 days .
Sounds like its all about the money ,but it leaves a vacuum at the Coporates stadium unless Josh Kroenke steps up !

User avatar
augie
Posts: 25459
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Gazidis - merged thread

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:40 am
I wonder if Wenger will get drafted in to Milan if they are outside the top 6 going into Christmas?



By all accounts gazidas has received shares in ac milan as part of his salary deal, so there is no way in the world he will hire a man that he knows will bring failure and devalue his shares

User avatar
Nos89
Posts: 3381
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:44 am

Re: Gazidis - merged thread

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:01 am
Nos89 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:40 am
I wonder if Wenger will get drafted in to Milan if they are outside the top 6 going into Christmas?



By all accounts gazidas has received shares in ac milan as part of his salary deal, so there is no way in the world he will hire a man that he knows will bring failure and devalue his shares
I'd say if it was based on finances Wenger would be first on his list. The club was definitely in better shape financially than the team was by 2015. It's really been since he signed his last contract in 2017 that the club suffered financially.
Milan's team is similar to ours in 2010. Wenger could get the best out of average players but not the best out of the experienced ones.

User avatar
OneBardGooner
Posts: 28300
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:41 am
Location: Dark Side Of The Mood

Re: Gazidis - merged thread

Post by OneBardGooner »


AkneyGooner
Posts: 680
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:52 pm
Location: London

Re: Gazidis - merged thread

Post by AkneyGooner »

He is a no mark suit that steals a living, and he looks like a fucking extra from Coneheads, the fact that we know who the CEO of Arsenal is shows the direction of modern football. :cry:

I could not give a shit.

User avatar
TeeCee
Posts: 6275
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:26 pm
Location: SW France

Re: Gazidis - merged thread

Post by TeeCee »

What seems most likely now he's gone, is that far from putting in place 'succession planning' for Wonga leaving, bringing in Sanllehi and Mislintat as well as many other changes, were most likely done because Gazidis knew he was leaving and he wanted an infrastructure in place when he left that could carry the club on regardless of who was manager. Don't be fooled into thinking it all happened in the last few months, the snake is a good friend of the hedge fund manager who bought Milan. I would imagine he spoke to Gazidis around the same time as he bought the club to sound out if he was interested in moving and I'm sure the wheels were well and truly in motion last year. It makes more sense when you consider Sanllehi left the biggest club team in Europe to come to faltering also-rans Arsenal and one of the most respected scouts left Dortmund to do the same. In hindsight you can see that maybe they were given assurances about their longer term roles within the club. I suspect a lot more people knew about Gazidis leaving a long time ago then the club would ever admit to.

User avatar
StuartL
Posts: 6357
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 8:22 pm
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day and I’m feeling good

Re: Gazidis - merged thread

Post by StuartL »

TeeCee wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:58 pm
What seems most likely now he's gone, is that far from putting in place 'succession planning' for Wonga leaving, bringing in Sanllehi and Mislintat as well as many other changes, were most likely done because Gazidis knew he was leaving and he wanted an infrastructure in place when he left that could carry the club on regardless of who was manager. Don't be fooled into thinking it all happened in the last few months, the snake is a good friend of the hedge fund manager who bought Milan. I would imagine he spoke to Gazidis around the same time as he bought the club to sound out if he was interested in moving and I'm sure the wheels were well and truly in motion last year. It makes more sense when you consider Sanllehi left the biggest club team in Europe to come to faltering also-rans Arsenal and one of the most respected scouts left Dortmund to do the same. In hindsight you can see that maybe they were given assurances about their longer term roles within the club. I suspect a lot more people knew about Gazidis leaving a long time ago then the club would ever admit to.
Quite possibly, maybe his often mentioned catalyst for change included him being told his role was being shaken up ?
Anyhow, he’s gone and won’t be missed by most, time will tell if commercially things keep improving ( as they have done naturally via tv and shirt deals etc) following his departure.

Post Reply