Happy st George day

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Happy st George day

Post by OneBardGooner »

flash gunner wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:34 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:17 am
Proud to be English, British and European :unionjack: :unionjack: :unionjack:
We should drop St Georges day and celebrate independence day instead 23rd June :unionjack:
Better still make 20th April a National Gooners Holiday from now on. (aka: The Day Wenger FUCKEDOFFF!) :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:07 pm
CloakedGooner wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:03 pm
GranadaJoe wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:14 am
CloakedGooner wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:33 pm
GranadaJoe wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:14 pm

What celebrations of all things English were going on?
Such as having a traditional English meal with the family and having a pint of ale. Singing patriotic English songs, flying the cross of St George and generally feeling a sense of pride in our country. That's what i did anyway, while you would prefer to just sneer at such behaviour by the sounds of it :roll:

I'm not sneering.
My point is that St.George's Day is pretty much a non-event in England. I lived in England for 44 years and you are the first person I've encountered that has done anything to celebrate the day.

I was in France for their national day. Flags adorned all public buildings, shops were closed, processions filled the streets.
In Spain it's similar.
You couldn't visit Ireland without spotting it was St.Paddy's Day.
Yet if a foreigner arrived in the UK, they'd be hard pressed to notice anything different. In fact. I don't think most English people are sure when it is.
Fair enough mate, i thought you were having a pop at me for celebrating it. I definitely agree with you that it isn't very well celebrated here compared to other countries national day. Certainly not in cities, but more rural towns (especially in Yorkshire) it is still a big deal.

Never see the flag flying either tbh, i guess when people see someone with a St Georges cross they just assume you're some kind of bigot :(
Unfortunately that is true. Thick ignorant cùnts like the EDL and NF have ruined it for the vast majority of decent English people. The poxy murdering fucking IRA did a similar thing for us in the 70s and 80s in particular - if you were Irish it was assumed you supported terrorism. :roll: :censored:
It's tyhe same with the Rainbow Flag - It used to be the Flag Of Greenpeace - now the LGBTwhatever have usurped it...if you go ona peace or Anti-trident March now - you wave a rainbow flag and there's some sirtlifter trying to lift yer shirt.... :cussing: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:42 am
flash gunner wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:34 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:17 am
Proud to be English, British and European :unionjack: :unionjack: :unionjack:
We should drop St Georges day and celebrate independence day instead 23rd June :unionjack:
Better still make 20th April a National Gooners Holiday from now on. (aka: The Day Wenger FUCKEDOFFF!) :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
You know what else the 20th April means right? :shock:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Yes, a certain person's birthday - But I didn't want to mention that in case a certain Mr Ego who is running round like a spoilt child on the forum at the moment thought I was about him - You know how 'sensitive' some can be :gayflag: :lol: The one who thinks his opinions are above and better than everyone else's - and when they disagree he strats hurling insults etc - He soooooooooooooooo desperately wants to be in charge of everything and everyone (and we are not talking about wenger here!) :wink: and be made a mod etc...

But Yes, the likeness between the 2 person's who now have a connection with that date really is unnerving.