Goalkeeping Situation

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jock Gooner

Re: Goalkeeping Situation

Post by Jock Gooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 1:47 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 12:28 pm
augie wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 7:16 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 6:41 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 5:10 pm

This deserves a suspension :D :D
:lol:

Are you kidding Jock mate? That's one if the better puns on this shit shower of a forum! :lol: :wink:

To quote a line from the great "remember the titans" movie, attitude/performance reflects leadership :lol: :lol:

Hang on you can't be quoting lines from a civil rights Yankee football film. I'd be much more impressed with a line from a footie film. Give Escape to Victory a try. This is a goalie thread - does Stallone still play? :rubchin: :D
Dunno but I've heard he love's Aaaaaydreeeeaaaaaaaannnnnnn.
Wow we've gone from Joe Hart full circle to Adrian at West Ham - ffs how did that happen :shock: :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 5:00 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 6:41 am

:lol:

Are you kidding Jock mate? That's one if the better puns on this shit shower of a forum! :lol: :wink:

To quote a line from the great "remember the titans" movie, attitude/performance reflects leadership :lol: :lol:

Hang on you can't be quoting lines from a civil rights Yankee football film. I'd be much more impressed with a line from a footie film. Give Escape to Victory a try. This is a goalie thread - does Stallone still play? :rubchin: :D
Wow we've gone from Joe Hart full circle to Adrian at West Ham - ffs how did that happen :shock: :D
It's called Boxing Clever! :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 6:19 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
augie wrote:

Ooh the gloves are off now! :shock:

:wink:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 6:39 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

Oh, he went there! :box:

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Apparently De Gea will be going to Madrid this summer with ManUre targeting Oblak as his replacement. Does anybody else think we should blow our entire budget getting Oblak? Even if it costs £50m or £60m that's our keeper sorted for the next 10 years.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 4:23 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 6:39 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

Oh, he went there! :box:
You 2 are on very Rocky ground there :oops:

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 3:24 pm
Apparently De Gea will be going to Madrid this summer with ManUre targeting Oblak as his replacement. Does anybody else think we should blow our entire budget getting Oblak? Even if it costs £50m or £60m that's our keeper sorted for the next 10 years.
Why would Oblak join Arsenal?

augie

Post by augie »

Ernie71 wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 6:41 pm
SydneyGooner wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 3:24 pm
Why would Oblak join Arsenal?

His clean sheet bonuses would be gone right down the shitter :lol: :lol: :lol:

oaodan

Post by oaodan »

Athletico signed Oblak for 16 million euro in 2014, peanuts for a guy who was a standout keeper even at that time. With Grimandi's track record of unearthing gems, it's surprising he missed him. Coulda sold Sczesney and Fabianski, left Ospina in France, and probably made a small profit on the deal. Love to know who the Athletico scout is, as I said on another thread their last 3 keepers are De Gea, Courtois and Oblak. Just shows how a club can be run.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

oaodan wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 3:38 pm
Athletico signed Oblak for 16 million euro in 2014, peanuts for a guy who was a standout keeper even at that time. With Grimandi's track record of unearthing gems, it's surprising he missed him. Coulda sold Sczesney and Fabianski, left Ospina in France, and probably made a small profit on the deal. Love to know who the Athletico scout is, as I said on another thread their last 3 keepers are De Gea, Courtois and Oblak. Just shows how a club can be run.
Ah the enigma that is Grimandi.....Kante, nah (or non) don't fancy him :oops:

Somebody at Atletico is earning their money with those three keepers.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Came across this on another forum.

phpBB [video]

This kid is in our academy and at 18 is already starting for the Portuguese U-21s.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Ospina heavily linked to Tigres and Fenerbahce

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:38 pm

phpBB [video]

This kid is in our academy and at 18 is already starting for the Portuguese U-21s.
Kid Looks good and vocal too, but I remember Scznezeeseezezseseny having a great game /month / season at Brentford and people saying he was “the future”, early days for him, but thankfully Gerry Peyton is no more.

NickF

Post by NickF »

StuartL wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:55 pm
SydneyGooner wrote:

phpBB [video]

Kid Looks good and vocal too, but I remember Scznezeeseezezseseny having a great game /month / season at Brentford and people saying he was “the future”, early days for him, but thankfully Gerry Peyton is no more.
To be fair, he has ended up at Juve so hasn't done too bad.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

NickF wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:20 pm
StuartL wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:55 pm
SydneyGooner wrote:

phpBB [video]

To be fair, he has ended up at Juve so hasn't done too bad.
as 2nd/3rd choice