Sou(r)ness

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Pommelking

Sou(r)ness

Post by Pommelking »

Good to see the miserable *word censored* still hasn't got over Anfield '89 :barscarf:

northbank123

Re: Sou(r)ness

Post by northbank123 »

The only mainstream tv pundit to consistently call out just how shit we have been for a long time up to Wenger and not fully sign up to the “be careful what you wish for” brigade.

Pommelking

Post by Pommelking »

And does it with enjoyment because he is so bitter

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

northbank123 wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:54 pm
The only mainstream tv pundit to consistently call out just how shit we have been for a long time up to Wenger and not fully sign up to the “be careful what you wish for” brigade.
I agree Northbank. To be fair Souness has actually called it as it is at Arsenal for a few years now, especially regarding the footballing snowflakeness of our players.
We could do a lot worse than letting him loose on them for a while.

augie

Post by augie »

northbank123 wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:54 pm

He is miles away THE best pundit on any channel, and that is coming from someone who used to hate the guy (he was a dirty b**tard back in the day). He doesnt care who he slates cos he will call it exactly as he see's it - I absolutely hate when all those vanilla sky pundits try to sugar coat any criticisms, cos I am a normal regular football fan who just wants someone to call things exactly as they are.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

I don't know what he said but I've always found him to have said things exactly the way they have been over the last ten years. He's always spoken about how directionless and apathetic the players have been and whilst all the other pundits sat on the fence, he would always say it was shit and that things had to change. I remember about a year ago, he just basically said he was bored to death of Arsenal because nothing had changed and he'd said it all.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Calling us a team full of son in laws was next level banter to be fair.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:04 pm
Calling us a team full of son in laws was next level banter to be fair.
:D :barscarf:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Pommelking wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:24 pm
Good to see the miserable *word censored* still hasn't got over Anfield '89 :barscarf:

To be fair he wasn't part of the club in '89, so to say he hasn't forgiven us is a non-starters, he left Liverpool in '86.
He's always been very blunt and truthful about Arsenal in the last few years.

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

He can be the angry jock at times. But he has the balls to say it how it is and stick to it.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

To be honest I've never disagreed with what he has said about Wenger and his bunch of fucking melts,he's always spot on,some of our players might have benefited from someone like Souness telling them how it is,

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Ah, just had a beautiful image of our players pure terror put in my head there.... immaterial of what you think of him as a Manager, Player or Pundit can you imagine the looks on the faces of our Snowflakes turning up to Colney to see Souness stood there in a tracksuit with his arms crossed, how many of them would immediately cry off sick :wink:

markyp

Post by markyp »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:39 pm
I don't know what he said but I've always found him to have said things exactly the way they have been over the last ten years. He's always spoken about how directionless and apathetic the players have been and whilst all the other pundits sat on the fence, he would always say it was shit and that things had to change. I remember about a year ago, he just basically said he was bored to death of Arsenal because nothing had changed and he'd said it all.
totally agree,nothing to do with anfield 89,if you think it is then you are a bunch of bitchy little girls,Souness is my favourite pundit,straight talking no BS,would you rather he sat on the fence so you can call him a flip flopper? seems he cant win

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I'm just waiting for Souness to finally lose it and call out Nice Guy Platitudes Cliche-speak my daddy is a manager Redkrapp for the bland cùnt that he is....

"Och aye see you, listen, shut the fook up ya no mark wee Furburger ya."

:D 8)

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:41 pm
I'm just waiting for Souness to finally lose it and call out Nice Guy Platitudes Cliche-speak my daddy is a manager Redkrapp for the bland cùnt that he is....

"Och aye see you, listen, shut the fook up ya no mark wee Furburger ya."

:D 8)
Listen you ya wee fuckin ringpiece..shut yer stupid fuckin face before ah kick yer *word censored* in ya wee wankstain 8) yer talkin a loada shite n ye wur shite ya wee fuckin furburger 8) shut it ya wee arsepiece 8)

Fixed for you mate 8)