ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Re: Transfers / players in / players out merged thread

Post by 1989 »

Evans, Papastawhatshisface...

West Ham level players.

Oh how the mighty have truly fallen.

augie

Post by augie »

I am a bit ashamed and conflicted about suggesting this, but I am wondering if we should take a punt on joe hart - lets be honest and acknowledge that we are not gonna have massive funds to fix all of the shitfest the french c.unt left behind, so maybe prioritising buying a top quality CDM and CB would make us defensively strong enough to "get by" with joe hart ? A top quality keeper playing behind a fragile/shit defence will help us somewhat, but a defensively stronger defence and midfield might help us compensate us for having a joe hart level keeper, and lets admit that hart (for all his weaknesses) is considerably better than cech and ospina :roll: I'm not for one second suggesting that joe hart should be viewed as good enough for a club like us, but again I am saying that buying a top quality CDM and a top quality CB would be priorities for me, and if we then have enough funds to buy a top quality keeper then thats great, but otherwise buying or loaning joe hart would be preferable to sticking with what we have

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Godin and Chielinni would be my first two signings

augie

Post by augie »

flash gunner wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 11:32 am

I was hopeful that if we got allegri he would bring chielinni with him on a free (think his contract is up), and then splash big cash on a top centre back like alderweld from the scum. Understandably people would question chielinni's pace at this stage of his career, but hopefully we could rest him on occasions to help his fitness, cos chielinni would be a attitude changer in the dressing room and would be an ideal captain for our team

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 7:11 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 6:50 am
This fucking "European model" is fucking horseshit and the reason why each European league has only one or maybe two top teams. How can a manager build a team when the players are chosen for him? It's absolute bollocks and leaves a huge slice of luck (and money) playing too much a part in any success you might have. For every success story I'd imagine there are 99 failures.

I've no problem with a DOF rather than the manager doing the deals but the manager has to be the one that identifies and decides which players he wants.

Fucking Europeans..... :banghead: :censored:

:wink: :wink:

Are you trying to turn this into a Brexit thread???
:cake: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 10:30 am
I am a bit ashamed and conflicted about suggesting this, but I am wondering if we should take a punt on joe hart - lets be honest and acknowledge that we are not gonna have massive funds to fix all of the shitfest the french c.unt left behind, so maybe prioritising buying a top quality CDM and CB would make us defensively strong enough to "get by" with joe hart ? A top quality keeper playing behind a fragile/shit defence will help us somewhat, but a defensively stronger defence and midfield might help us compensate us for having a joe hart level keeper, and lets admit that hart (for all his weaknesses) is considerably better than cech and ospina :roll: I'm not for one second suggesting that joe hart should be viewed as good enough for a club like us, but again I am saying that buying a top quality CDM and a top quality CB would be priorities for me, and if we then have enough funds to buy a top quality keeper then thats great, but otherwise buying or loaning joe hart would be preferable to sticking with what we have
So that's Joe Hart managed by Sam Allardyce. Augie be honest have you had an aneurysm?

:lol: :wink:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:
I suggested this last summer, still got 5 good years left in him. Name me a goalkeeper that hasn't had an off year. He showed glimpes of being quality but clearly wasn't enjoying being at West Ham after being a league title winning keeper and was outstanding in Man City's CL run to the semi-final a couple of years ago. Now that we got rid of our goalkeeping coaches, hopefully, our new ones will know what to do. Maybe move Cech into the role.

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 4:25 pm
augie wrote:
So that's Joe Hart managed by Sam Allardyce. Augie be honest have you had an aneurysm?

:lol: :wink:

Not yet but if the club appoint arteta as manager, I wont be far away from one :cry: :cry: :cry:

As I said, if we had a £200m transfer kitty (for example) then I would def expect a better quality of keeper than joe hart, but the reality is that we dont have a huge transfer fund (I dont believe the £50m rumour though) and the priorities in the transfer window should be TOP QUALITY centre back and TOP QUALITYCDM - it is for that reason then I then think that we need to lower our expectations and sign a cheaper keeper that isnt top tier, but is better than the chuckle brothers that currently play in goals for us, and I suspect we could actually get hart on loan or very cheap. This is the type of pragnatism that our next manager needs to have, but I think arteta will be just another idealist who thinks that his style of play will always win the day :roll: :oops:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

augie wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 11:40 am
flash gunner wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 11:32 am

I was hopeful that if we got allegri he would bring chielinni with him on a free (think his contract is up), and then splash big cash on a top centre back like alderweld from the scum. Understandably people would question chielinni's pace at this stage of his career, but hopefully we could rest him on occasions to help his fitness, cos chielinni would be a attitude changer in the dressing room and would be an ideal captain for our team
I was hoping the same, mate. Chielinni would still be immense for us. Didn't show any sign of having any issues when they played Spurs in the CL. I was loving the idea of having him made club captain too. Why do I do it to myself? :cry:

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Granit Xhaka’s latest Instagram activity, liking a comment claiming transfer targets Sokratis Papastathopoulos & Caglar Söyüncü are done deals.
https://t.co/37Vmnvn7Ri

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Seriously, if we have £50m we should just go and get Kante. Immense in the cup final.

Hart will be so focused on getting back to the top level he'll be a much better keeper than when he won the league. He's worth a punt too.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 2:56 pm
Seriously, if we have £50m we should just go and get Kante. Immense in the cup final.

Hart will be so focused on getting back to the top level he'll be a much better keeper than when he won the league. He's worth a punt too.
Kante was superb wasn’t he. Although it was a complete travesty he wasn’t booked for hauling down Lingard early on - not so easy to put in all of those sliding tackles and harry opponents that much on an early yellow.

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 2:56 pm

Sadly football doesn't work like that, Chelsea won't just hand Kante over for £50m and also there is the issue of wages

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

We need to build a squad for the future, not 32+ old has beens looking for one last big pay day. What next get Yaya Toure. :shock:

Oblak (25)
Tah (22)
De Lig (18)
Saul (23)
Martial (22)
Draxler (23)
Zaha (25)

All 25 and under and could get a good 5 seasons or more out of them

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

All 25 and under and could get a good 2 seasons out of them before selling for a huge profit!!
Corrected that for you mate!