ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Transfers / players in / players out merged thread

Post by augie »

northbank123 wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:45 am
Is Fellaini actually a very good DM though? Or is he just a dirty bastard who lacks discipline in every sense of the meaning?

Agree with DB10 about Lacazette. Not saying he is garbage and will hopefully show but improvement, but didn’t really set my world on fire. Looked every bit the bloke we could have signed any summer for the past half a decade and choose to this year out of desperation.

His crisis of confidence where everything bounced off him and he couldn’t hit a barn door for a month or so was completely embarrassing.

It isnt just that he is dirty though - he is one of THE most stupid brainless b**tards ever to play the game :roll: Watch how many free kicks he gives away in dangerous areas and in needless situations - the man USED to be very effective for everton going forward but was never tasked as playing the DM role, but now we are talking about going down the wenker road where we buy a player only to then play him in a position that is different to anything he is used to ?? He didnt even play the DM role in a negative manure team - moaninho brought him on to be useful for set pieces and that was all.

We have a limited budget and I get that, but if we are that short of funds then sell ozil or ramsey and buy a proper DM instead of this joker ffs :roll:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Have we actually signed anyone yet? World Cup starting next week so no business done then unless the players we’re looking at are not involved!
Looks like same old story going to be played out with different characters!

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:18 pm
the playing mantis wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:47 am
This site cracks me up no wonder none of the decent old posters return due to the negative atmosphere and we are stuck with the miserable parrot like JCLs

So much revisionist bullshit it’s unbelievable.

Walcott suddenly being competent ffs he was shite overrated man boy who was no better than the day he signed.

Yes he had a knack of scoring against the spuds but he was still average and the poster boy of the lost decade.

Lacazette may turn out shite too, but he showed more after returning from his knee op as a bustling string central striker with an eye for goal than weak wally ever did.

:roll: :lol:

Get over yourself fella you're a shit poster end of but slagging off anyone else's views or getting all bent out of shape about anyone else's opinions aren't making your posts any better, only worse.

Next.
says the poster who gets in constant spats with others...

sorry i don't post to your level of greatness.

just because you have some weird wideon for your androgynous man boy, wally, there's no getting away from the fact that despite the new found optimism about the club and among most fans there's still a core of miserable moaning myrtles on here who are stil not happy that we didnt appoint alf ramsay or whoever, that made the atmosphere toxic and this place ground hog day for topics, and along with the tedium of the latter years and lack of new things to debate caused a lot of original posters who made this place interesting and funny to bugger off.

we have been crying out for not good enough shite like wally to be bundled out of the club, now its happened people are saying hes better than someone whos already bested his season goalscoring in his first season, and has had to adapt to a new league/country and injury issues. yes he may be shite ultimately but harking back for the deadwood s crazy. what next, laments for coq and giroud...alhough if the fellanin rumours are rue maybe we will be.

silus

Post by silus »

A11M11 wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:00 am
If the Fellaini rumour is true then it pretty much proves that we are casting around looking to form a pattern of play and are trying to find round pegs for round holes within a paltry budget as opposed to fitting anyone into anywhere to make up numbers.
Not saying that he is my choice but it would show that the defensive problem has been looked at and something is being done about it.
Exactly that. It looks as though we are finding short term solutions for long term problems...which I'm ok with. None of the rumoured signings have me excited, but it's what we need to do at the momemt. There's no point going out and spending all our budget on a marquee player and still have the same old issues else where in the team....even if that means signing fucking fellani :shock:

augie

Post by augie »

silus wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:27 am
A11M11 wrote:
If the Fellaini rumour is true then it pretty much proves that we are casting around looking to form a pattern of play and are trying to find round pegs for round holes within a paltry budget as opposed to fitting anyone into anywhere to make up numbers.
Not saying that he is my choice but it would show that the defensive problem has been looked at and something is being done about it.
Exactly that. It looks as though we are finding short term solutions for long term problems...which I'm ok with. None of the rumoured signings have me excited, but it's what we need to do at the momemt. There's no point going out and spending all our budget on a marquee player and still have the same old issues else where in the team....even if that means signing fucking fellani :shock:

I too have no problem with a few short term signings along with a couple of longer term signings like the french kid -

1. Sokratis will bring that experience and physical side to a central defence that is missing both.
2. Lichtsteiner will bring winning experience and toughness to a backline devoid of both, plus he will bring much needed competition for bellerin

What exactly would fellani bring to the party ? He isnt a proper DM. He isnt a keeper, He isnt a left back and he certainly isnt a winger. These are all priorities for this team - I said the other day that I would support the bargain signings of the two defenders I listed above if it meant we are going to spend top dollar bringing in a quality DM and keeper, but if all of our signings are gonna be bargain basement I will not be on board with that. :x

silus

Post by silus »

augie wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:41 am
silus wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:27 am
A11M11 wrote:

I too have no problem with a few short term signings along with a couple of longer term signings like the french kid -

1. Sokratis will bring that experience and physical side to a central defence that is missing both.
2. Lichtsteiner will bring winning experience and toughness to a backline devoid of both, plus he will bring much needed competition for bellerin

What exactly would fellani bring to the party ? He isnt a proper DM. He isnt a keeper, He isnt a left back and he certainly isnt a winger. These are all priorities for this team - I said the other day that I would support the bargain signings of the two defenders I listed above if it meant we are going to spend top dollar bringing in a quality DM and keeper, but if all of our signings are gonna be bargain basement I will not be on board with that. :x
I agree mate. I don't think you'll find anyone outside the fellani household who's a fan of fellani, but if it happens I'd reserve judgement to see how he's fitted into the team/system.
Your right that big signings should be a keeper and a proper dm. I think there's a lot of keepers about...not so sure about dms though.
I'm not one of those that thinks our squad is shit..i think they are good players who had no motivation/training/system/direction/tactics. Personally looking forward to see how they perform with some proper coaching.

Post by 1989 »

Gunnersaurus wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:38 am
northbank123 wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:53 pm
Fellaini - we would be a fucking laughing stock.
Wouldn't mind him myself, someone to sit infront of the defence and defend them, break up play, outmuscle opposition mids and just pass it to someone with more ability.

This team has missed someone doing that for years.

Could easily see

Felliani
Ramsey Xhaka

As a functioning midfield, the midfield under Wenger lost balance a long time ago, I'd welcome it, he's also not a reject, Jose wants to keep him but he don't want to sign, that's not a reject.
Since when is Fellaini a DM? Moyes used him behind the striker at Everton and he has played everywhere but in the DM position for Man United.

Fellaini as a DM for us would be an utter joke. He would be worse than Xhaka there ffs.

Anyway, we ain't signing him, thankfully. It's rubbish paper talk.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Since he played there for Everton, if you don't believe me a simple Google search confirms & will educate you.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thegua ... -interview

No, no, no, you don't have to thank me, not necessary.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal have signed Swiss defender Stephan Lichtsteiner from Juventus.

Confirmed on Pravda.com
Last edited by mcdowell42 on Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

augie

Post by augie »

Gunnersaurus wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:16 pm
Since he played there for Everton, if you don't believe me a simple Google search confirms & will educate you.

You watched him playing for the past few years the same as I did ...................... do you believe that he is a proper DM ?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:27 pm
Gunnersaurus wrote:

You watched him playing for the past few years the same as I did ...................... do you believe that he is a proper DM ?
If DM means Damage Merchant (as in Right Dirty bastard with elbows of steel) then "Yes", but if the DM you are employing means Defensive Mid-fielder then "No". :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

ps: I hope we DO NOT sign him.

Post by 1989 »

Gunnersaurus wrote:

Please point me to a single game where he played as a DM in the PL and performed to a level where he would be good enough for us.

Go on.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Yeaaaah! what he said. :D

:popcorn:

Post by 1989 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:26 pm
Arsenal have signed Swiss defender Stephan Lichtsteiner from Juventus.

Confirmed on Pravda.com
Sensible signing due to the experience and toughness he should provide, as well as a winning mentality.

Hope he decks Bellerin.