ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GTG

Re: Transfers / players in / players out merged thread

Post by GTG »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:19 am
Why are we still doing the Ligue 1 lottery now TFOC has gone? It's Lorient's lucky year this time
Hopefully some decent scouting has been done on the guy.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

1989 wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:22 am
Guendouzi is 19 and meant to be a dynamic box to box midfielder who's technically gifted and has an eye for a pass. Few youtube videos of him floating about if you'd like to see him in action. Seems a big lad as well at 6'1".

And no Carini never played for us. Torreira will be our first ever Uruguayan.

Can he still make the squad for the virtually signed first team photo?

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

How refreshing it is to see these deals done so quickly , even the Torreira deal as soon as they went out of the world cup , deal is set in motion and should be tied up by tomorrow.
No we haven't made a marquee signing but that's not what we need right now and every area of concern seems to have been addressed, I can see Ospina departing and probably Mustafi as well, then fringe players Campbell and Perez ( however he was never given a chance in my eyes).
I still think we need a wide plat , perhaps Rhys Nelson will get his chance , but this certainly is a more efficient Arsenal and I can't wait for the season to start and he will have my full backing. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Post by 1989 »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:15 pm
1989 wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:22 am
Guendouzi is 19 and meant to be a dynamic box to box midfielder who's technically gifted and has an eye for a pass. Few youtube videos of him floating about if you'd like to see him in action. Seems a big lad as well at 6'1".

And no Carini never played for us. Torreira will be our first ever Uruguayan.

Can he still make the squad for the virtually signed first team photo?
He can be back up to Buffon whom Le Fraud identified as an 11 year old but didn't want to sign because he wasn't young enough.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

GTG wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:42 pm
Leyton Gooner wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:19 am
Why are we still doing the Ligue 1 lottery now TFOC has gone? It's Lorient's lucky year this time
Hopefully some decent scouting has been done on the guy.
Dib, dib, dib arkela ;)

JerseyGooner

Post by JerseyGooner »

So, great news we are buying players and all. How do you guys see us setting up? What's Unai Emery normal tactics/ formations? Who should start, do we sell or loan out? Looking at it, we have a ton of players.

This is the set up I would like to see. Torreira right behind Ramsey and Ozil making up for their lack of interest in defensive responsibilities. I know the 2 up top wouldn't play next to each other but they did play together last year.

Abuyerang Lacazette

Ramsey. Ozil. Mkhitaryan

Torreira

Kolosinac-Kosicleny-Papastathopoulos-
Bellerin

I Leno I

biggest defensive liabilities that would we sub with a lead?
1. Ozil
2. Ramsey
3. Lacazette
4. Abuyerang
5. Bellerin

Bench
Maitland Niles
Monreal
Lichtsteiner
Ospina
Xhaka
Elneny
Welbeck
Holding

Loan out
Chambers
Guendouzi
Marvopanos
Jenkinson
Asano - already on loan thru 6/19
Reine Adelaide

Sell
Mutafi
Iwobi
Perez
Cech
Campbell

Front office has alot of work to do.

Post by 1989 »

I can definitely see Abuyerang having a stormer next season mate. :wink:

Post by 1989 »

I think we're a winger away from having a quality squad. Hope Sven and Dick are on it.

They've done a brilliant job so far considering we're a Europa league level club at the moment and it is a World Cup summer that TOF had us all believe would make doing transfer business impossible in.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

1989 wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:57 am
I think we're a winger away from having a quality squad. Hope Sven and Dick are on it.

They've done a brilliant job so far considering we're a Europa league level club at the moment and it is a World Cup summer that TOF had us all believe would make doing transfer business impossible in.
I think he will play that kid out wide - nelson is it ?

looking at the squad we have now, I think Dick rotates Ozil and Miktharyn in the #10 role, PEA starts if fit. I think Caz gets more game time, rotated with Welbeck.

Torreria starts along side Xhaka or Ramsay - one sits, one goes just like PV4 & Petit or the two Brazilians.

back four, I don't see Kos as being a starter all season - I think he rotates in chambers & Mavro. if bellerin is not fit, chambers goes RB and he could rotate in holding. Kolo's place is safe. as is Sokratis.

oddly, it now looks like we actually have a squad that is pretty deep - with just four additions.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I get the feeling now Torriera is announced the in-coming players may be done unless there are significant sales, it'll be interesting who goes now and who stays as that will inform whether we spend any more on more players, we must be pushing the limit on the £50M budget.

Anyway welcome Lucas :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:31 pm
I get the feeling now Torriera is announced the in-coming players may be done unless there are significant sales, it'll be interesting who goes now and who stays as that will inform whether we spend any more on more players, we must be pushing the limit on the £50M budget.

Anyway welcome Lucas :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
£22m good business IMO. Who said you need to spend big bucks to get decent players these days.

If he is half as good as Kante, I will be very happy.

augie

Post by augie »

Now can we please, please, please get rid of the deadwood/shite players robbing a living off the club ?

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

JerseyGooner wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:42 pm
So, great news we are buying players and all. How do you guys see us setting up? What's Unai Emery normal tactics/ formations? Who should start, do we sell or loan out? Looking at it, we have a ton of players.

This is the set up I would like to see. Torreira right behind Ramsey and Ozil making up for their lack of interest in defensive responsibilities. I know the 2 up top wouldn't play next to each other but they did play together last year.

Abuyerang Lacazette

Ramsey. Ozil. Mkhitaryan

Torreira

Kolosinac-Kosicleny-Papastathopoulos-
Bellerin

I Leno I

biggest defensive liabilities that would we sub with a lead?
1. Ozil
2. Ramsey
3. Lacazette
4. Abuyerang
5. Bellerin

Bench
Maitland Niles
Monreal
Lichtsteiner
Ospina
Xhaka
Elneny
Welbeck
Holding

Loan out
Chambers
Guendouzi
Marvopanos
Jenkinson
Asano - already on loan thru 6/19
Reine Adelaide

Sell
Mutafi
Iwobi
Perez
Cech
Campbell

Front office has alot of work to do.
I wouldn't have Ramsey anywhere near the team, his backtracking is almost as bad as Ozil's. Naitland Miles is a very versatile player, could play on the left side of an advanced 3 no problems. and give our left back/wing back good cover. Also Kolasinac hasn't done enough to oust Monreal.

Post by 1989 »

clockender1 wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:23 pm
1989 wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:57 am

I think he will play that kid out wide - nelson is it ?

looking at the squad we have now, I think Dick rotates Ozil and Miktharyn in the #10 role, PEA starts if fit. I think Caz gets more game time, rotated with Welbeck.

Torreria starts along side Xhaka or Ramsay - one sits, one goes just like PV4 & Petit or the two Brazilians.

back four, I don't see Kos as being a starter all season - I think he rotates in chambers & Mavro. if bellerin is not fit, chambers goes RB and he could rotate in holding. Kolo's place is safe. as is Sokratis.

oddly, it now looks like we actually have a squad that is pretty deep - with just four additions.
Surely Lichtsteiner and not Chambers is second in line if Bellerin is unavailable?

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

A goalie, a centre back, a right back and a DM all signed. What is going on?
This is what we we've been asking for, for a couple of years. I'd be happy with that now.

Leno, Lichesteiner, Sokratis, Mustafi, Kolasinic, Torreira, Xhaka, Ramsey, Ozil, Lacazette, Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan.

Maybe, Holding instead of Mustafi but that's a strong, mobile, defensive unit supplemented by a creative pacey attack with two proper goalscorers.
Things are looking good.