ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Ziegler1988

Re: Transfers / players in / players out merged thread

Post by Ziegler1988 »

Alex Iwobi set to sign new Arsenal deal to keep him at the Emirates Stadium until 2022
New Gunners boss Unai Emery sees the midfielder as a key man as he plots his revolution in north London
mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/alex-iwobi-set-sign-new-12962219

:duh:

augie

Post by augie »

Ziegler1988 wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:46 pm
Alex Iwobi set to sign new Arsenal deal to keep him at the Emirates Stadium until 2022
New Gunners boss Unai Emery sees the midfielder as a key man as he plots his revolution in north London

How many "key men" does he need ?? Every c.unt in the squad seems to be a key man at this stage :roll: :oops: :banghead:

Midz

Post by Midz »

augie wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:12 pm
Ziegler1988 wrote:

How many "key men" does he need ?? Every c.unt in the squad seems to be a key man at this stage :roll: :oops: :banghead:
Funny, I just read that Lazio are interested in Iwobi and AFC have put a price of £22.5m on him. Quite honestly they could have him for 2.5m imo.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Ziegler1988 wrote:

Oh no, Unai's just going to be another failed revolutionary :shock: Come on Lazio, get your cheque book out.......please :lol:

No developments on the Ramsey front - wonder where that's heading :rubchin:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Would be delighted if we let Iwobi go for nothing frankly. He’s fucking useless.

1964 Gunner

Post by 1964 Gunner »

hmmm, how long is it b4 allegri takes over??

Midz

Post by Midz »

1964 Gunner wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:45 pm
hmmm, how long is it b4 allegri takes over??
He's only just inherited CR7 so I'd imagine quite a while.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Hazard to Real Madrid seems on the cards but don’t think he’s the player they need. Isco is absolute class and has been brilliant for the last season (and during the WC).

Surely Bale becomes a key player with a role with more freedom and rather than having a sluggish workhorse up front they replace Benzema with a genuinely class striker?

Hazard would be an addition to any squad but I think they could find better ways to spend £100m.

augie

Post by augie »

northbank123 wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:14 pm
Hazard to Real Madrid seems on the cards but don’t think he’s the player they need. Isco is absolute class and has been brilliant for the last season (and during the WC).

Surely Bale becomes a key player with a role with more freedom and rather than having a sluggish workhorse up front they replace Benzema with a genuinely class striker?

Hazard would be an addition to any squad but I think they could find better ways to spend £100m.

I would take hazard ahead of isco every day of the week and twice on a sunday - I sometimes think that isco would be the equivalent of sterling in that he shines in a team where he gets more freedom cos of the better players around him, but that he wouldnt look half as good playing in a weaker side.

Personally I think that the chavs wlll be seriously fcuked if they lose courtois, willian and cahill even if they manage to keep hazard (who wont stay willinglly) - they are a team on the decline and have average players in the team where they once had quality in every position. The owner knows that citeeh (and other clubs) will now blow them out of the waters in the transfer market, and because of that he has curtailed their spending. He has allowed a system where the players have had more power than would be tolerated at any other club, and this has played a large part in the shocking turnover of managers. I hope that I am not jumping the gun, but I think that the chavs will be a side who will be battling just to make the top 4 from now on

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

I’m not saying that Isco is the better player. I’d rather have hazard despite the media overlooking the frequency with which he just doesn’t turn up.

I’m saying that if they are going to go out and make one huge signing with the Ronaldo money (which they will) h wouldn’t be top of my list.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Interesting article (work of fiction?) in the Mail claiming that scouts across Europe raised an eyebrow or two over the signings of Lichsteiner, Sokratis and Leno who they claim there are question marks about :shock:

On the plus side Torreirra and Guendouzi are both rated as good buys. Not too long before we find out.

Raggy

Post by Raggy »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:42 am
Interesting article (work of fiction?) in the Mail claiming that scouts across Europe raised an eyebrow or two over the signings of Lichsteiner, Sokratis and Leno who they claim there are question marks about :shock:

On the plus side Torreirra and Guendouzi are both rated as good buys. Not too long before we find out.

Sokratis is just an older version of Mustafi. I dont see all the hype about him

Leno I really dont know much about. Age on his side but at the juncture we need a ready made gk

1964 Gunner

Post by 1964 Gunner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:42 am

I would go along with that tbh,...

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Turkish newspaper Milliyet claim #Arsenal have made an approach for Besiktas' Croatia international defender Domagoj Vida. https://t.co/x697Hh2Kjv

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:24 pm
Turkish newspaper Milliyet claim #Arsenal have made an approach for Besiktas' Croatia international defender Domagoj Vida. https://t.co/x697Hh2Kjv
Going to Liverpool apparently.