ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Re: Transfers (McD has been at twitter again) merged thread

Post by 1989 »

augie wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:08 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:37 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:19 pm
Ed Hunter The Gooner wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:21 am
Re Jenkinson. I really wanted him to make it at Arsenal, I really did. Maybe I have a soft spot for him as his mother is Finnish. Or maybe because of that he is so shit as he has inherited Finnish football brains... :banghead: :banghead:
For me Jenko is a Gooner since childhood from a family of Gooners so I wanted him to succeed. Would be nice to see another terrace boy become a legend at the Arsenal. None really since Charlie G.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I also wanted him to succeed in life as he's from my old neck of the woods. However anyone who has ever seen the lad with a ball at his feet knew that he was too nervy for top tier football. When he came on at BW in the pre-season I wanted him to do well and you could hear others giving it "go on Jenks" but he just doesn't seem to have the conviction in himself required to make it at the top level. I do wonder whether a bit of decent coaching (TOF :lol: ) and a bit more confidence in himself would do the trick or maybe he just needs to move somewhere where he can play regular football. The guy is 26 now.

Maybe I am giving both of them too much credit but I believe that GG would have made a good defender out of him - when you look at things clearly you will see similarities between jenks and a young lee Dixon, and GG turned him into a great right full
Regardless I will never slate jenkinson - he is a proper Gooner who got a chance (even if it was brief) to play for his boyhood club, and he gave the club the best he had while he was here
Except Dixon was 10 times the talent Jenkinson will ever be.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Ospina is like a shit that won’t flush, can’t get rid of the bastard.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

clockender1 wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:24 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:19 pm

For me Jenko is a Gooner since childhood from a family of Gooners so I wanted him to succeed. Would be nice to see another terrace boy become a legend at the Arsenal. None really since Charlie G.
you're kidding right ? - Merse used to stand on the right wing side of the North Bank with the kids from his street well into his late teens.
It's a nice story but ultimately it's a bit of an urban myth. He attended a few games with his Gooner mates, but Merse has been a die hard chav fan since childhood. He only joined Arsenal to make his Gooner dad happy. There's no comparison between Merse and Charlie G or Jenko.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... gossip/amp

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

kev campbell was a gooner wasn't he? also the legend that is peter storey (According to his autobiography) :barscarf:

markyp

Post by markyp »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:22 pm
kev campbell was a gooner wasn't he? also the legend that is peter storey (According to his autobiography) :barscarf:
jimmy carter was a gooner ,he was by far the greatest to ever wear the red and white and be a supporter too :shock:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

I wonder what Juve see in Nivididi that we didn’t ?

English and 20, he’s off to Turin having never made a first team appearance.

It’s weird that the Italians and Spanish have started picking up these English kids from us - that’s three in one year.

He’ll start in their B team but it’s a helluva opportunity for him after loans at Preston & Charlton.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Still time to move Ramsey and Cech overseas, possibly even Ozil.

augie

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:09 pm
Still time to move Ramsey and Cech overseas, possibly even Ozil.

Some fans still talk/complain about selling rvp to manure and selling the judas mobile phone lover to the chavs. but allowing ramsey to join one of those c.unts on a free transfer will be the biggest disgrace this club will have had for a long time. He should have been sold a month ago and that was obvious to everyone bar the fools in the club :roll:

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

augie wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:58 pm

Some fans still talk/complain about selling rvp to manure and selling the judas mobile phone lover to the chavs. but allowing ramsey to join one of those c.unts on a free transfer will be the biggest disgrace this club will have had for a long time. He should have been sold a month ago and that was obvious to everyone bar the fools in the club :roll:
I wonder if there was any interest in Ramsey at all. Bar being one to fill up the UK requirements in the squad, he is very average and certainly not deserving of this hefty contract his agent is trying to arrange for him. Outside of the Premier League, who would bother with him? I can only see some mid-table team being interested come January although there will likely be agent-planted stories like Juventus, etc. which will be complete bollocks.

It really depends on how integral he would be in that criteria (UK required squad slots) as to whether he is worth a larger contract.

That being said, I see him signing on because of there being no better options out there for him.

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

Ramsey is a decent player, you can see that when he plays for Wales. There will be interest in him for sure

I don't doubt his talent, he needs a structure to play in.

You can say this about nearly all of of our midfield and defenders. He was played as a winger , a holding midfielder etc he is an attacking center mid, in a team that thinks they are all attacking center mids.

We need to define the players who allowed to take risks with the ball, someone has to play the difficult passes , and somebody has to dribble past players , right now they all want To be playmakers . That needs slapping out of some of them.

He looks worse in my opinion because he needs to be further up the pitch, and told not to piss around with the ball in your own half or if you can see your right or left back ahead of you .

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

Yaya's agent says he's just passed a medical in London; ruled out West Ham and Palace. Sky Bet has us odds on as the club he's going to sign for. He would be better than Xhaka, I suppose

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Ziegler1988 wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:16 am
Yaya's agent says he's just passed a medical in London; ruled out West Ham and Palace. Sky Bet has us odds on as the club he's going to sign for. He would be better than Xhaka, I suppose
Which Yaya? Sanogoals or Toure? :lol: :wink:

Hope to Christ it's not Toure. Fat past-it over-rated entitled prick. Do we really need to pay him 300k plus a week to disrupt the team? :censored:

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:55 am
Ziegler1988 wrote:
Which Yaya? Sanogoals or Toure? :lol: :wink:

Hope to Christ it's not Toure. Fat past-it over-rated entitled prick. Do we really need to pay him 300k plus a week to disrupt the team? :censored:
I’d take him and tell Xhaka to dive into Thames and stay there. One year contract to cover Guendouzi so he has time to get used to PL. But, this won’t happen so no worries. 8)

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Fulham it seems, makes sense that he'd follow the money.....fat bastard.

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

Ziegler1988 wrote:
Been ruled out by Arsenal journos

ESPN saying Olympiakos: http://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-trans ... es?src=com