ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Supagoon

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Supagoon »

There you have it, that's the business model that we have followed since we left Highbury. 4th at best and forget about the league let alone the champions league.

Thanks Stan, thanks a bunch.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Well here we are folks, the legacy that TOF leaves behind coupled with wiggy's self sustaining business model laid bare for all to see. A huge fucking mess of contracts and wages for Dick to try and resolve. We can only spend what we make.....well as we know we have an unfortunate tendency of letting our biggest assets leave for fuck all or at an undervalue which obviously feeds in well to a self sustaining business model. Two seasons of failing to qualify for the CL cost the club around £35M per season in lost revenue.....again that's a dream for our self sustaining business model - lucky fucking us. A wage bill that is rising at a rate of knots and tbf is a little bit more than the current rate of inflation now sees about an extra £30 - 40M in wages coming out of the pot - mainly thanks to Ozil's new deal - woo hoo go go self sustaining business model. Then by the time you fire in amortization and some pretty shitty transfer dealings you have a tidy little operating loss and no money for transfer signings. We'd like to sign some players guys but well you know.....self sustaining business model - sorry!

In the summer we will have some cash from Adidas to play with and the new Emirates sponsorship money will be in so realistically we will have a war chest :rubchin: :lol: in the region of £40 - 50M to start with before transfer dealings. Ramsey, helmet head and Welbs will free up c£300k a week in wages which will help. But the bottom line is that Dick is being asked to work a miracle blindfolded and with both hands tied behind his back and the other bottom line :lol: is that if that wiggy cu.nt isn't going to stick his hand in his pocket now and then, then he is just a waste of time and should fu.ck off.

It's somewhat ironic that Dick has had to come out and announce that he has to operate in a transfer window world of loan signings....thanks self sustaining business model......just a few days after we all got a look at the goings on at Blackpool and how they are giving it to their twat of an owner. These things don't happen quickly at our place anymore but how long before the sights of fans and media alike fall on the wiggy cu.nt. It's long overdue but watching the idiots on a Saturday buying programmes, pizza and beer at the bowl doesn't give me much hope for the future. We've got citeh in the league in a months time perhaps a thrashing there and a good old plonk of snow in London might just resurrect the famous 2018 boycott of the bowl.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

The tosspot trio of Kroenke, Gazidis and Wenger have led us to this position over a number of years

Kroenke - the only PL owner not to have put in a penny of owner investment into his club despite being one of the top 3 in terms of personal wealth
Gazidis - a collection of piss poor commercial deals which were much lauded at the time and subsequently dwarfed by just about every other leading English club
Wenger - a man more than 10 years out of date by the time he left

Whatever anyone says about Liverpool's splash the cash approach this season, its a bit easier to facilitate when you sell your best players like Coutinho and Suarez for c. £200m. If Spurs ever do have to sell Kane, then as they did with Bale, it will be for a mega fee as the bloke will be signed up to a long term deal.

Look at the few world class players we've had in recent times. Sanchez....allowed to wind down and dictate terms. Fabregas - sold at less than half his market value. Now look at Ramsey - he isn't close to being world class in my opinion but in a world where Gylfi Sigurdsson is worth £50m, that would be close to Ramsey's value. But of course, we will get fuck all as the club is run by utter morons

Then look at the absolute crock of shit that Wenger has accumulated - Mustafi, Xhaka, Chambers, Cech, Welbeck - over £100m spunked on those no marks

The Ozil contract - utterly scandalous.

The club is now getting everything it deserves after 6-7 years of absolutely abysmal management by the terrible trio. Poor old Dick deserves better

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

g88ner wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:45 pm
I assumed the reason for our inability to sign players this winter is the bizarre FFP rules rather than the coffers being dry?

From what I gather due to FFP we can only spend a certain % on wages from generated income (not sure what % though) and we are already at that % ,so therefore cant go over that unless we sell players or generate more income .So thanks to gazdis and wenger paying some of the shit we have with huge wages ,we are fucked until the summer when the new Addias deal kicks in,and saw somewhere a new Emirates deal kicks in but haven't a clue what that's about :lol:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Anyone that had been paying attention to the way the club was being run over the last 4-5 years would have expected this day to happen. Don't understand why everyone is exasperated now? What did you expect? New manager new load of money available? We certainly ain't Manchester united. Still got the same rotten regime in the background siphoning off the money.
It's a case of doing what Graham did between 86-88 - sell off the experience, bring in the youth with a couple of good cheap players and coaching them. It's not beyond Emery to do it. It's what Pochettino has done at Spurs and what wenger was doing for 10 years, so nothing new to us. We will never reach the status of real madrid, Barcelona, PSG, Juventus and Bayern Munich with this regime.

StanKroenke'sWig

Post by StanKroenke'sWig »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:11 pm
g88ner wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:45 pm
I assumed the reason for our inability to sign players this winter is the bizarre FFP rules rather than the coffers being dry?

From what I gather due to FFP we can only spend a certain % on wages from generated income (not sure what % though) and we are already at that % ,so therefore cant go over that unless we sell players or generate more income .So thanks to gazdis and wenger paying some of the shit we have with huge wages ,we are fucked until the summer when the new Addias deal kicks in,and saw somewhere a new Emirates deal kicks in but haven't a clue what that's about :lol:
Yeah basically this.

Don't get me wrong, Kroenke's faults as an owner of any business is pretty plain to see, but even if he stumped up £300m now for transfers we still would be able to do nothing about it due to the lack of available movement in the wage budget. We are maxed out percentage-wise against FFP. And as others have suggested (and I completely agree) this is down to poor management from previous years.

We've just got to get behind the team and Unai and get as many points on the board as we can. Looks like we are going to get Denis Suarez in on a loan with an option to buy in the summer.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Lets be honest, no one should be surprised there's no money to spend. We all knew it would happen. Anyone with half a brain new getting rid of Wenger would not change things off the pitch. Time and time again it has been show that Wiggy *word censored* is not interested in spending money on his sports franchises.

I'm more worried that all the rumoured transfers point to attacking options than the fact that we have no money to actually buy outright.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Ozil out.

Not being smart arsed here either. World class player that he is he is also the very definition of the shocking mismanagement of the Wenger Wiggy Lizard triumvirate of Evil that grossly overpaid him as well as grossly overpaying our stable of poor and shit players.

Our problem is (as stated by others) that we cannot spend on wages beyond a certain percentage of our income. Hugely inflated salaries like Ozil's are part of the problem. His salary would be acceptable if we had built a team around him but we haven't and now cannot afford to because we also have so many shit players on long term inflated contracts earning stupid sums they are not qualified to earn. And we desperately need to replace many of those players particularly in defence.

If we cannot build a team around Ozil (and we can't) then we have to get rid but hey here's the fucking clincher - we can't get rid because Wiggy Wenger and the fucking Lizard gave him a ludicrously insane salary that no other club will pay. We simply do not get enough from Ozil in our current system to justify his wages bumping us up to that percentage mark that stops us signing the players we need. It's a real shame but there it is.

It's a perfect storm of shit inept mismanagement on a Biblical scale. I always said Wenger was just the battle just the symptom and that our disinterested shit owner Kroenke was the war and the disease. That fucking chicken has come home to roost with a vengeance.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:10 am
Ozil out.

Not being smart arsed here either. World class player that he is he is also the very definition of the shocking mismanagement of the Wenger Wiggy Lizard triumvirate of Evil that grossly overpaid him as well as grossly overpaying our stable of poor and shit players.

Our problem is (as stated by others) that we cannot spend on wages beyond a certain percentage of our income. Hugely inflated salaries like Ozil's are part of the problem. His salary would be acceptable if we had built a team around him but we haven't and now cannot afford to because we also have so many shit players on long term inflated contracts earning stupid sums they are not qualified to earn. And we desperately need to replace many of those players particularly in defence.

If we cannot build a team around Ozil (and we can't) then we have to get rid but hey here's the fucking clincher - we can't get rid because Wiggy Wenger and the fucking Lizard gave him a ludicrously insane salary that no other club will pay. We simply do not get enough from Ozil in our current system to justify his wages bumping us up to that percentage mark that stops us signing the players we need. It's a real shame but there it is.

It's a perfect storm of shit inept mismanagement on a Biblical scale. I always said Wenger was just the battle just the symptom and that our disinterested shit owner Kroenke was the war and the disease. That fucking chicken has come home to roost with a vengeance.
Its actually shocking when you break it down how many of our players require replacement, you only have to look through previous match threads to see how often individual players are criticised week in week out and then have a long hard look at those players to realise how far behind we are in terms of the whole squad, many of whom are first team regulars or subs.

The problem is being realistic with the inflated prices in the premier league for UE to start rebuilding to challenge your looking at £150M as a start point. Something Wiggy will never countenance.

I know its a very subjective and personnel preference thing but straight off the top of my head and without thinking too hard i'd want to replace:

Kos
Mustafi
Bellerin
Monreal
Mhiki
Welbeck
Elneny
Iwobi
Xhaka

augie

Post by augie »

This wage bill thing confuses me slightly so maybe someone can clarify it for me -

1. Is this wage percentage thing not done on a 3 year cycle like the transfer spending ? Psg can go out and spend well over £100m on a player this season knowing that they will be assesed on the previous 3 years spending so they have 2 seasons to get their balance sheet back on track again - in other words, if the club runs their finances well and brings in substantial funds in the years either side of signing a neymar, then they will meet their ffp obligations.

2. Even if the wages percentage rules are different and on a yearly basis, surely there is a definitive date when wage bills are assessed ? Surely the wage bills wouldnt be assessed during a season ? In other words, IF (for example) the wage bills were assessed on July 1st, then we could exceed our wage percentage now if we knew that we would soon have high earners like ramsey, cech and wellbeck coming off the payroll soon ?

3. Does the payroll figures apply only to players, or does it include coaching staff, canteen staff, clerical staff etc ? I'm sure that there are ways of getting around it if the restrictions are only about player payroll.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

basically if we don't win the Europa League this season and get back into the Champions League then we are stuffed

Herd

Post by Herd »

These times have been coming for many years and now they are here with us why should we be surprised ???
Who is to blame that's easy Peter Hillwood .
Sold his birthright for a pittance to a grasping shyster David Dein ,he couldn't afford the 11 million pounds or so to complete the deal so he brought in the grasping Fizman .
It is they that hatched the plan to take loads of cash out of their involvement in the club and they succeeded beyond their wildest dreams ,getting two billionaires to fight it out for the club and drive up the share price a masterstroke.

Kroenke is an investor ,investors want a return on their investment ,no news there ,I don't even blame him ,but what he could do to the club scares me shitless.
whilst Ushmanov was there we had some insurance but now Wiggy has taken the company private he will debt leverage the club and take money out hand over fist .
He has no association with the fans or the area so we could move to Wembley ,New Jersey or the moon , as long as it makes a buck for the man that's OK ,tear down the emirates its prime real estate .

Gazidis saw the writing on the wall and left ,wenger left the playing side in disarray so all the chickens have come home to roost all at once .

There is a way out of this mess but I have ZERO confidence in the non football management side to steer us out of these muddy waters and I believe Emry will decide the hill too steep to climb and call it a day at seasons end and walk out if another offer comes around .

I said years ago not getting chumps league would lead to a downward spiral of investment and so it has proved to be ,not happy about being proved right but there it is .

We could go into war mode to get Kroenke out but that has no guarantee of success and whoever would buy him out might be a worse custodian.

The Club I knew went years ago and any trace of it has now been removed completely .

Good by Arsenal or shall I say Au revoir ?

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

augie wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:09 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:12 pm
Leyton Gooner wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:04 pm
Well done Dick for telling it like it is too. The French *word censored* would have lied all month then come out with some bollocks at the end of the window. Something like "No one is on the market in January"
Absolutely right. Emery is a football manager and a man who wants to have the resources available to him to do the job properly. The one before him was an incompetent prick who was entirely complicit in the transfer failings because it suited his own egotistical and selfish agenda.
We might get some players in on loan but thank fuck we've had a bit of truth from the manager of the club after 20 years of lies.
The damage Wenger did on so many front's is incalculable....remember how fired up and integral Sanchez was in our flaky set up...he gave his all, never stopped trying. Then of course he got pissed of with Monsieur Know it All and now his career is in the toilet as well.

Kroenke was always going to be the bigger problem, we all knew that. Boils my piss to think of him doing absolutely NOTHING for the club while our sheep like fans keep lining his pockets. Big shout out to the Blackpool fans.

Kroenke should be seeing his name in the sky, on the tv and in the newspapers...at every game...for all the WRONG reasons. Instead life is as rosy as can be....Top 6, meaning European Football (of a sort...does he even know the difference between Euro and CL?) without spending a dime. Aint life great :cussing: :banghead: :cussing:

What is happening now does not in any way justify or absolve the senile arrogant b.astard for the past few years - the difference is that wenger HAD MONEY to spend and as per usual he spent it badly :roll:
Already have a few pint sized weaklings ? Not to worry lets buy another one :roll:
Have players that havent proved themselves capable of playing at the top level ? Dont worry about it cos I am giving them bumper pay rises :roll:
Cant get your experienced players to sign new deals ? Fcuk that shit and award yourself another massive contract making you one of the top paid managers in the world :evil: :evil:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

augie wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:09 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:12 pm
Leyton Gooner wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:04 pm
Well done Dick for telling it like it is too. The French *word censored* would have lied all month then come out with some bollocks at the end of the window. Something like "No one is on the market in January"
Absolutely right. Emery is a football manager and a man who wants to have the resources available to him to do the job properly. The one before him was an incompetent prick who was entirely complicit in the transfer failings because it suited his own egotistical and selfish agenda.
We might get some players in on loan but thank fuck we've had a bit of truth from the manager of the club after 20 years of lies.
The damage Wenger did on so many front's is incalculable....remember how fired up and integral Sanchez was in our flaky set up...he gave his all, never stopped trying. Then of course he got pissed of with Monsieur Know it All and now his career is in the toilet as well.

Kroenke was always going to be the bigger problem, we all knew that. Boils my piss to think of him doing absolutely NOTHING for the club while our sheep like fans keep lining his pockets. Big shout out to the Blackpool fans.

Kroenke should be seeing his name in the sky, on the tv and in the newspapers...at every game...for all the WRONG reasons. Instead life is as rosy as can be....Top 6, meaning European Football (of a sort...does he even know the difference between Euro and CL?) without spending a dime. Aint life great :cussing: :banghead: :cussing:

What is happening now does not in any way justify or absolve the senile arrogant b.astard for the past few years - the difference is that wenger HAD MONEY to spend and as per usual he spent it badly :roll:
Already have a few pint sized weaklings ? Not to worry lets buy another one :roll:
Have players that havent proved themselves capable of playing at the top level ? Dont worry about it cos I am giving them bumper pay rises :roll:
Cant get your experienced players to sign new deals ? Fcuk that shit and award yourself another massive contract making you one of the top paid managers in the world :evil: :evil:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

While Kroenke may be the only owner in this league not to invest a single penny in his club that's not the case stateside.

The LA Rams new stadium will reportedly cost upwards of $5 billion before it's finished and that should scare the absolute shit out of all Arsenal fans. Kroenke has already forked out $1.6 billion of his own cash (as well as over $2 billion of a loan) to cover the construction and that's before costs started spiralling out of control so who's to say he won't have to fire even more money at it.

The Rams have also gone from relative obscurity to one of the favourites for the super bowl, how much that is down to investment by Kroenke I'm not sure - Augie knows more about the guts of the NFL than I do so maybe he can throw some light on it?

He's not so silent over there that's for sure and it's terrifying to think what the consequences for us might be as a result.