ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by rodders999 »

Our absolutely insane wage bill of 220 million odd quid (most of it spunked away on shite) is the main problem here Augie. That outlay for a side going into its second season outside the Champions League is frightening especially with the rule where the wage bill is directly linked to the club’s earnings. We are right on the limit of what we are earning compared to what we are paying out on wages meaning loans are our only avenue this window.

When Ramsey, Cech, Welbeck, Ospina, Jenkinson and Lichsteiner all fuck off in the summer that will free up 700 grand a week (the absolute fucking horror of spunking 700 grand a week on that lot) plus the increase in sponsorship money from adidas and Emirates that will give us a lot more spending power in the summer window.

Better again if Emery can get us back into the be all and end all which is a real necessity this season to allow is a real chance at rebuilding.

This is all the legacy of shit for brains and Ivan and we have a bit more pain to go through yet before we rid the club of the stench of those two prize c.unts :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:13 am
Our absolutely insane wage bill of 220 million odd quid (most of it spunked away on shite) is the main problem here Augie. That outlay for a side going into its second season outside the Champions League is frightening especially with the rule where the wage bill is directly linked to the club’s earnings. We are right on the limit of what we are earning compared to what we are paying out on wages meaning loans are our only avenue this window.

When Ramsey, Cech, Welbeck, Ospina, Jenkinson and Lichsteiner all fuck off in the summer that will free up 700 grand a week (the absolute fucking horror of spunking 700 grand a week on that lot) plus the increase in sponsorship money from adidas and Emirates that will give us a lot more spending power in the summer window.

Better again if Emery can get us back into the be all and end all which is a real necessity this season to allow is a real chance at rebuilding.

This is all the legacy of shit for brains and Ivan and we have a bit more pain to go through yet before we rid the club of the stench of those two prize c.unts :banghead:
Post of the week rodders. 8)

This self imposed transfer embargo is killing us this season.

I'd add that in spite of how highly I rate Ozil we have to try get that 350k a week from around our neck. But I cannot see his management/agent/accountant/parasite team letting him go anywhere that might pay less.

Might be worth subsidising his salary at another club if it means we even free up another 150k or 200k a week. :|

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Just for old times' sake and to celebrate the 100th page of the thread.....

Nobody is coming

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

ONE ARS....

Oops....sorry I forgot. He's not here anymore..... :oops:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal have made an approach to sign Inter Milan winger Ivan Perisic. #AFC want loan with £35m option to buy. 29yo open to #Inter exit. Fits plan of versatile midfielder e.g. Suarez (still possible) / Nkunku + winger. Unclear if injuries mean defender wanted but Sokratis not bad

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:34 pm
Arsenal have made an approach to sign Inter Milan winger Ivan Perisic. #AFC want loan with £35m option to buy. 29yo open to #Inter exit. Fits plan of versatile midfielder e.g. Suarez (still possible) / Nkunku + winger. Unclear if injuries mean defender wanted but Sokratis not bad
I would have thought after recent injuries and performances our transfer team would be more concerned with strengthening at the back but yet again the emphasis seems to be on creating more goals than preventing them :rubchin:

Goonuz71

Post by Goonuz71 »

Given are defensive crisis I still stand by what I said earlier in this thread that Cahill could do a job .....yes I get that he’s old and slower than he was ,but he knows the league,can organise a back line , and more importantly right now wouldn’t cost a fortune.....All the other rumours are about mid or attacking players ,that could possibly wait till the summer when or should that be IF the wig wearin crunt lets DIck have some cash

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

#Perisic excluded from Inter Milan’s squad facing #Torino as he is distracted by rumours surrounding his future according to widespread reports in Italy this morning. https://t.co/pqYKIQOlhP

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:23 pm
#Perisic excluded from Inter Milan’s squad facing #Torino as he is distracted by rumours surrounding his future according to widespread reports in Italy this morning. https://t.co/pqYKIQOlhP
Perisic ? Suarez ? Malcolm ?

Are we back to the bad old days of the dithering and not actually knowing who we want.

I know it depends on who is actually available for loan, etc, etc but we appear to have a different target every other day.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:31 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:23 pm
Perisic ? Suarez ? Malcolm ?

Are we back to the bad old days of the dithering and not actually knowing who we want.

I know it depends on who is actually available for loan, etc, etc but we appear to have a different target every other day.
Ah yes, the good old scatter gun approach :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

Expecting/Trying to get some of europe's best players on loan, is almost as embarrassing as having a 250k bid for a fulham keeper turned down, only to go back in a month later with the same 250k bid :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... nter-milan

As I said previously, I dont accept it that we cannot sign anyone this month unless they are on loan but if that is to be THE POLICY, then can we please not waste time and make a show of ourselves by making laughable bids like this. Also, IF dick genuinely rates suarez, then what is the problem with agreeing with barca's loan now with obligation to buy in the summer ??

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

augie wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:54 pm
Expecting/Trying to get some of europe's best players on loan, is almost as embarrassing as having a 250k bid for a fulham keeper turned down, only to go back in a month later with the same 250k bid :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... nter-milan

As I said previously, I dont accept it that we cannot sign anyone this month unless they are on loan but if that is to be THE POLICY, then can we please not waste time and make a show of ourselves by making laughable bids like this. Also, IF dick genuinely rates suarez, then what is the problem with agreeing with barca's loan now with obligation to buy in the summer ??
My feeling is that we can't even afford to pay the loan fees which are being asked.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Having read the piece about FFP and wage bill related to club generated income I can't believe some self proclaimed geniuses can't understand why we can't buy players.

Next season we can spend without a doubt but Wenger left us with a ton of bang average players on big money, that combined with gazidis ineptitude to bag better sponsorship deals etc has totally fucked us up.

We can offer to loan players all fuckin day and even agree to buy them next season but if a team wants the readies up front so they can invest in alternative players themselves then there's fuck all we can do.

This season is done, we will be 6th in the league like I said we would at the start of the season and out of the Europa soon enough.

The best I'm hoping is we don't get an absolute rimming at city.

augie

Post by augie »

Clearly I am not one of those self-proclaimed einstein's, so can someone explain to me how a club that is at it's maximum with it's wage bill, can afford to bring any player on loan and pay their wages ?? :? :? Maybe we are expecting the other club to give us their players for no fee and for them to pay the wages as well :rubchin:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I see our fetish for signing midfielders while other areas of the team (defence) goes down the shitter is still going strong.

Sure, we’d all like to see someone come in and banish comedy Iwobi from the team, but when you’re fire fighting in January and your already shite defense has been ravaged by injuries then going after midfielders is a luxury we cannot afford.

We should be looking at getting someone in who can play RB/CB as an absolute fucking priority :banghead:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:07 pm
I see our fetish for signing midfielders while other areas of the team (defence) goes down the shitter is still going strong.

Sure, we’d all like to see someone come in and banish comedy Iwobi from the team, but when you’re fire fighting in January and your already shite defense has been ravaged by injuries then going after midfielders is a luxury we cannot afford.

We should be looking at getting someone in who can play RB/CB as an absolute fucking priority :banghead:
Thanks to Wenker “we have Carl, who can play there” remember ?